Andres Guardado at Valencia CF Vol.1

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Baysic, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
  2. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Weren't they gonna buy an LB
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vila-return-ac-milan-valencia-145500358--sow.html

Yeah...they were....This is probably why....

4. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  5. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't like this move at all...Guardado i'm afraid is not a good enough defender to play LB in La Liga and at a level as high as Valencia would want him. He would be much suited doing his thing which is going forward 1st and defending 2nd. Also doesn't bode well for the NT at all, who plays LW? Vela isn't with the team at the moment.

Kaney repped this.
  6. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just because he plays LB for Valencia doesn't mean he has to for el Tri bruh. I don't think Valencia have a better alternative at LB than guradado at the moment anyway which sucks.

7. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Thing is......i would expect were calling players to play in the position they normally play in.

I agree that this suddenly got a little fishy.........

8. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't like playing players out of their club positions. I don't know how Chepo feels about it or what his tactics are for when that happens. Salcido was moved in Tigres to DM, and now he plays DM for the NT so theres that.

edit: It would also suck if teams start targeting Guardado knowing he is a converted LW and isn't the most physical to start with...I know that's what I would do.

9. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Meh. Gio didn't even have a position at Tottenham and he still played with el tri :D. Seriously though, his abilities at LW are not gonna just disappear because he plays at LB with Valencia. And Chepo won't play him there in front of Nilo.

Wheather or not he is successful there at Valencia is another story. If they don't have anyone better, tough shit thats where he will have to play. I dont think Valencia have the money to bring in a decent LB either. He is alot better suited for LW, for Guardado always goes hard wherever he is. I dont think Valencia will hold it against him if he doesn't play as well at LB as they'd hope, they know what his preferred position is, and they know they didn't bring him in as a LB.

10. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    may not be a permanent move anyway

remember with Depor they would have him play him usual LW spot in addition to playing CM & RW

11. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Valencia won 5-0. Anal rapage indeed.
    Guardado played as a LB the whole game. Looking lively with the one two passes and runs and obviously his crosses.
    Valnecia likes to attack from the left. Guardado initiated many of their attacks. But I goota say he has to improve his marking tho.
    Goals by alcacer (2), piatti, hernandez and gago .

12. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Valencia won 5-0. Anal rapage indeed.
    Guardado played as a LB the whole game. Looking lively with the one two passes and runs and obviously his crosses.
    Valnecia likes to attack from the left. Guardado initiated many of their attacks. But I goota say he has to improve his marking tho.
    Goals by alcacer (2), piatti, hernandez and gago .

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  13. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    It would be interesting to see Guardado as a LB for Valencia.

Dani Alves is a RB but he pushes up as a winger-type player on offense and generates a lot of assists. I could see the same thing for Guardado.

14. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Jordi Alba is also a converted LW, so it doesn't surprise me that they want Guardado, who is similarly built and has a great cross to play as a left back. He definitely has the pace and the crosses to make a big contribution that way, and as someone mentioned, he could use his golden left foot to bomb the ball on goal.

15. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i think guardado playing at LB has something to do with didac vila (LB) not being able to complete his transfer to valencia after not passing his medical.

16. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You can watch some youtube highlights of the match but really poor quality. People just using their mobile phones to record from TV and upload on youtube.

During this match (although I didn't watch fully because I was also watching Mexico vs Senegal that happened simultaneously) what I notice from Guardado:
    He is a tremendously gifted passer - short passes as well as long crosses
    I used to think that Guardado was one trick pony relying on his speed. But his passing is one of his strongest attributes IMO.

17. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    His passing has always been superb, so is his long shots... his crosses are hit or miss though... the problem is that sometimes he thinks he can drible when he can't at all, so he becomes one trick pony-esque.

18. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Are they gonna show the Valencia vs Tottenham game today if not any online-streams??

19. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    nice link BS49, is bein Sports the new aljazeera channel?

22. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  23. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A few comments on Guardado on his first pre-season match from some Valencia fans

"todos jugaron bien y guardado flojito pero es el 1 partido aun ."

"Tal vez guardado no esté haciendo su mejor partido, pero me gusta mucho su ayuda en defensa"

"Jonas el mejor, me gusta Pereira tiene mala leche y es muy picaro, Gago muy bien, Feghouli bien, Alcacer peleon pero impreciso a veces, Guardado correcto."

"Partido en líneas generales notable, a excepción de Guardado, pero no me preocupa un partido malo lo tiene cualquiera y Guardado es un seguro."

"Mal Guardado aunque voluntarioso y mejor en la segunda parte."

" - Guardado, luchando mucho y tapando bien los huecos que dejaba Mathieu al subir"

SoDamnSmooth repped this.
  24. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what position did he play?

25. BS49

BS49 Member+