Anderson or Fernandes

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ToxtethBlue, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ToxtethBlue

ToxtethBlue New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Toxteth, Liverpool
    I'd just like to ask Portuguese football fans who the bigger talent was coming out of the Portuguese league: Manuel Fernandes or Anderson of Man utd?

2. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    M. Fernandes for me.

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  4. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Anderson by a big margin.

5. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nani has shown the most so far...then Fernandes...Anderson may have talent but it hasn't shown itself consistently yet.

6. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    very tough question maaybe Anderson by a bit.

7. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Anderson hasn't been showing the numbers but I would rate him as the best performing atm, then Nani (Anderson is playing more than him so its not really a fair comparison) and then Fernandes, haven't seen much from Fernandes in Valencia and in his return to Everton. Would be a different story if he could have just permanently moved to everton in the first place.

8. artistwanta_b

artistwanta_b Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Anderson by far...its not even a discussion.

Anderson won the golden ball for Brazil during U-17 world cup in 2005

He has been called up for the Brazil NT squad...which say a lot because Fernandes wouldn't even be a thought on that team.

AND he is three years younger.

As good as Fernandes is its not even close...current form or potential.

9. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    oh yes the fact that he's 19 slipped my mind, definetly Anderson is the most talented out of the 3.

10. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    this isn't even a debate.

fernandes is good.

nani is good.

anderson is exceptional.

the first two are and will go on to be good players but anderson is a very special talent. already he has outplayed fabregas twice and gerrard once since coming to england. he's performing to a level i personally have never seen in my years following united for one so young. even ronaldo wasn't this good at 19 years of age.

he'll be united's best player within a year or two. already fergie can't leave him out for the big games. pace, strength, great skill, vision, intelligence, work rate. the list goes on. a truly phenominal talent.

11. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I really like Fernandes but Anderson by far. The way he has adapted to a completely different position in a VERY different league is amazing, and he is only 19. INCREDIBLE.

12. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Let's ask Fergie.

Who's been the best, or most productive player Nani or Anderson?

What Fergie you said Nani !! Can't argue with that, the numbers are proving it.

13. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    As a MU fan u ought to be embaressed by this comment.

What has Anderson done for MU this year compared to Nani?

If you say Anderson has done more, you know nothing about this game, and your obviously a total idiot as to what goes on in the games.

Let's see. Who whas the MVP that earned MU a win in the FA Cup versus Arenal? One word Nani, and can tell you that at least ten or so points he gave MU.

14. argaen

argaen New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Tucson, Arizona
    Stats or not Anderson has been the better player this season. He made most Man Utd fans forget that Scholes was injured for months. Nani has been good too but not like Anderson.

15. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I want to apologize to all Manchester United fans to have to read some comments made by some guys wearing their green and white glasses. This thread isn't about Anderson and Nani, so I don't know why he was brought in to this discussion. And then these guys have the audacity to question your opinion that Anderson has been better than Nani... like you don't know any better. :rolleyes:

Nevermind them, let them think that Nani is the best player at Old Trafford right after CR himself! :cool:

16. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I watch every Man U game. Including CL games.

Since I interjected Nani into the discussion and hijacked this thread, I will add that Nani has added more to Man U this season. Saying anything but this just shows ignorance.

And for all you Tripeiros...what did Anderson ever do for Porto? He basically came here, got injured and waited to get his work permit so he could move on to a Big Club.

So most of you need to take your Tripeiro glasses off and see things for what they are.

Furthermore, we may eventually see more Talent From Anderson but so far Nani has contributed much more to Man U this season. Just go look at his Assist totals.

Nuff said.

Continue your discussion on Anderson and Fernandes.

17. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No club ties here, Anderson hands down. Thats whats beautiful about this game looking at statistics Nani looks the better more influential player but not a chance. And I REALLY like Nani so I may even be biased towards him but Anderson is a monster, a special talent.

18. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    right! Anderson went to Portugal, did nothing whatsoever at Porto, but somehow figured out a way to raise his value (pass) to 10x more what Porto paid for him...

That PDC is a son of a gun! :rolleyes:

19. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    the same people that are here defending Nani's statistics in this debate are the same that ignore Quaresma assists totals in the last 3 years in Porto (League assist leader 3 years in a row) and claim he's not a team player... How ironic is that? :cool:

20. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Club ties aside here too, I don't think much of Quaresma, extremely talented but a stupid footballer, can make the easy look impossible and the impossible look easy.

21. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    now you screwed it up, how can you be "extremely talented but a stupid footballer" if for 3 years in a row you lead the League in assists? Doesn't that make all other players much more stupidier than Quaresma since they can't match his numbers?

It's freaking beyond me to read statements like this 1...:confused:

22. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Show me how he plays INTELLIGENTLY for the NT, I don't watch much superliga at all. But I do realize he is the best player in the superliga because he is EXTREMELY talented, that's how he gets his #'s if defences can't cope with him he is going to have the time to make a decent cross or pass in the superliga. In the NT he has had 3 games where I can say he played pretty well, vs Brazil, vs Belgium and vs Italy.
    Simply put if Quaresma made more intelligent decisions, more often he would be an incredible player. He is more NATURALLY gifted then most players we have ever had the kid like I said can make near impossible stuff look easy, but the simple lay off he either doesn't see it or just plain doesn't DO IT.

23. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you and Quaresma's stats contradict your argument. Because of the fact that he has led the SuperLiga in assists 3 years in a row, that means HE MAKES MORE INTELLIGENT DECISIONS more often than not and also more often than anybody else in the League! Care to support your statement with FACTS????

24. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's simple the guy can beat a man one on one VERY well which leaves him isolated to either make a good decision or a bad one very often. In the NT he doesn't get as many opportunities because he doesn't get passed his man as often.

Unfortunately as for facts, facts are stats and I don't have stats for how many times he beats his man and gets an assist or how many tiimes he beats his man and tries to beat another.

25. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    you guys are forgetting how much quality Fernandes had when he first arrived.

At 18 motm vs inter milan in the uefas cup, dominating portos and sportings midfield in classicos etc. dribbling past lucho assuncao etc, shackling the other teams offensive midfielders etc

motm vs villareal having riquelme in his back pocket ands scorign a golaco.

motm vs liverpool X2 in the CL with gerrard giving jhim his jersey after the second leg shrugging off other Benfica players who were asking for it.

Our only midfielder who looked on par with the barcelona midfielders when we played them.

This was back when Fernandes was still a young boy, he had that air of innocence and desperate desire to suceed, no arrogance and cockiness.

Now hes the opposite, he thinks hes a star already:(

In portugal it was Fernandes> Anderson by far

As for Quaresma..

hes won player of the year 2 of the past 3 seasons...and has led the league in assists for 3 years.

and in the CL lasty season in 8 games hae had 2 goals and 4 assists..not to mention he hit 2 posts vs arsenal(unlucky) and was half a inch away from scoring one of the best goals ever in CL history vs Chelsea which would have put porto through.