And we'd have won the league too, if it wasn't for those meddling billionaires - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Did you just Lion King me? I'm very confused.

J'can repped this.
  2. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL I did Basically i am just trying to remind you that

[​IMG]

Amdrag and johno repped this.
  3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    bizarre!

4. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Something worth noting about Suarez:

He's managed to get himself universally disliked and as such, vilifying him is selling papers.

It's not nice. It's not ethical. It's actually pretty ugly.

But then all that could be said of Luis Suarez... :p

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think anything he has suffered hasn't been applied before to Ronaldo or Nani.

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Diving has become more common, that includes Germany.

It's not tolerated. When a players dives, there is generally a negative remark following it by a commentator or sometimes in the press.

But it's not seen as a game-changingly bad talking point because it's also accepted as a tactic to an extent.

Having said that, my gripe here is with the blatant racism.

Arguing that one isn't concerned because Suarez is 'more' of a notorious diver and bad person or whatever is such a thin argument that it's along the same lines of the Suarez targeting itself.

he has been targeted because he fits all the stereotypes that the powers that be hold on foreign players, including appearance, racism, etc. With this campaign not only have they taken a swipe and thoroughly put a target on an individual's back but effectively cast a net on an entire race of people. The scope of the classlessness and hateful ideology here is simply staggering.

If Suarez was British we would simply not be having this conversation.

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Your gripes is the racism? You are defending Suarez from racism?

Negrito please.

Diable Rouge, Amdrag and Futbol_Head repped this.
  8. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am not British, I am not white, and I ********ing hate Suarez's face. He looks like a rat and just makes it worse every time he pulls one of his stupid faces. He has face made to punch.

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What you don't understand was that it was everyone else thinking in a racist mindset that made Suarez's innocent comments appear racist.

10. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My gripe is with English speaking culture and its blatant subversive racist tendencies (to degrade any non-English speaking players to pure stereotypes) and simultaneous self proclaimed voice of moral authority.

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Help me understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that say for instance, people who speak German would never launch some sort of race-centered, culture oriented war against a singular people all the whilst claiming to be protecting freedom and culture and art and the human race?

If so, then I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Karloski and Amdrag repped this.
  12. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :eek:

13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He's lucky he has not been accused of pouting and sulking, because everyone knows the English lads are a bit more honest. And they don't get dispirited as easy when the games going against them.

I wish i had a copy of rugby commentary from late 80s' / early 90s, so you hear what was said about the island players then.

SirManchester repped this.
  14. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    GTFO you racist cnut.

googoo, Futbol_Head, Karloski and 2 others repped this.
  15. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

[​IMG]

16. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    British isn't a race though it is a nationality. or what race is being targeted then? Drogba got the same stick for diving. Klinsmann as well. Young was recently called out on it Pulis style but didn't play much since so we will have to wait and see the backlash from that.

it is only recently suárez has been called out on this so it seems like he has been some long suffering 'victim' if you think short term. added to which liverpool keep making it worse by violently insisting he doesn't dive/isn't a cheat/is unfairly called out only for him to go do it again next game. if he had cleaned up his game for a while and still missed out maybe, but like i said who would be a better example? or who dives more in the PL currently?

17. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

bc it's what they know best...

googoo repped this.
  18. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    :ROFLMAO:

Ohhhh snap!

19. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Y'see this is where stereotypes get us in trouble.

English speaking culture runs the gambit from blatant racists, through xenophobic, possibly self deluding "some of my best friends are black" types, through varying degrees of cultural awareness/ indifference right up to the other side of the spectrum where we encounter those patronising guilt-ridden caucasians, who won't tolerate the slightest hint of questioning or criticism levelled at any culture but their own.

There is a mainstream acknowledgement (even if it is stating the blindingly obvious) that racism and prejudice are very bad. In practice, the implementation varies, leading to the broad range of groups I described.

I've met some staggeringly racist people who claim and possibly even believe they're the opposite. Their philosphies tend to center around blaming ethnic minorities for crime, often based on some poorly-assessed raw statistics (possibly spun by the Daily Mail), while deflecting any charge of prejudice because they have some acquaintances who aren't white. Some of these folks then nix even that poor defence by adding something like "now if they all in-ti-grated like Mr Patel down the post-office, we'd be alright".

20. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You MUST be taking the piss here.

Even so, it's in poor taste.

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This has nothing to do with length of criticism as it does with the magnitude of it. It's not about who dives more or not either.

Drogba and Klinsmann were still Premiership favorites and generally when any non-continental player dives, it's passed off and it never defines their game via the media, as Suarez's game is made out to be.

22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's not nice.

23. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    not sure i am following you. Drogba Suarez and Klinsi are non british players. They all dive yet klinsi and drogs both still are prem faves. maybe it is not racism at all. maybe suarez is a pug nosed f-cker who is just not liked.

Amdrag repped this.
  24. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Any worse then you making out all English speaking cultures out to be racist?

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not sure you understood the point about British and non-British stereotypes.