Anangono career death watch

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by snkscore, Jul 21, 2013.

1. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he SUCKS.......

2. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I don't know if this one has been used before but: Anangohome.

3. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I respectfully submit the following chant to Section 8 for consideration for the first match following the release of Anangono:

Gone-Anan-Gone
    The bum is gone
    Gone-Anan-Gone
    The bum is gone
    Gone-Anan-Gone
    The bum has gone awaaaaay!

To the tune of Gone Daddy Gone by the Violent Femmes:

Feel free to replace Anan with Andy as needed.

xtomx and LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  4. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not a problem! But why wait until later?

5. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so what are the chances that our previous FO got kick backs from the transfer fee the league paid for?

6. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Zero, given the league did not pay the transfer fee.

7. Jdgedwill

Jdgedwill Member+

Jun 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The kid is afraid to shoot the ball now, that's why his penalty kick was so weak. No more signing kids that almost score a lot of goals hoping those almost goals turn into goals in MLS.

8. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then he shouldn't of taken the PK. If Yallop doesn't tell who's going to take it, it's the captain job to tell who takes it. It should of been BG or Magee, yes he missed the last one, not all of them go in.

9. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    That's unfortunately a possibility. When I heard about the reluctance to go after a non-DP Mila for a position we desperately needed while instead then getting a DP Rios in a position we had incredible depth, I started to wonder if it were possible.

xtomx and milicz repped this.
  10. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Hasn't Magee missed his last 2 PK's? JLA may have thought he deserved to take this one since Magee took the PK he earned last time. I like JLA off the bench, he really gives it 100%. I just wished he'd have scored yesterday to get some monkey's off his back.

seamuslush and ceezmad repped this.
  11. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Serious question. How do you know this? The transfer fee was amortized across the length of the contract so that we are using up salary cap room to pay for it. Salary cap is paid by the league. It seems most likely that we could have paid the transfer fee in 1 year, and taken the amount over DP limit out of pocket, but we decided to spread it out to avoid that.

12. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Just to be clear JLA didn't earn this PK. It was Pineda's shot that was blocked with the arm.

13. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Agreed.

14. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Magee took one after his miss last year and he made it. Wasn't it a cheeky shot down the middle? I forgot what that's called.

Still, his two misses were game winners and high pressure shots. He's got to fix that.

xtomx repped this.
  15. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You should go with your second to last thought, that we paid the transfer fee in 1 year and took the amount over the DP limit out of pocket. My best information, though it's not written anywhere officially, is that transfer fees have to be paid up front and it's just the DP tag that carries over from year to year. It's possible the budget is dinged in future years, but the team has to provide the up front money.

16. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Fixed.

Where did the allocation money go Andy?

17. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I feel like the league should answer that at this point. If allocation money was embezzled then they'd have a hell of a problem on their hands. If it was simply misspent by Andrew they probably can't be happy. It would be a huge part of what's dragging down one of the league's biggest markets.

18. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We've already gone over this as well. We needed to trade or use allocation money to squeeze under the cap.

19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have read different things about this rule, I used to think that teams could take a 1 time budget hit for transfer fees, but now I am not so sure.

20. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that would mean the league being more open about how they use allocation money, the league is not very open about this.

21. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Show your work.

Did Andy use allocation money to pay JLA's transfer fee? Considering how the league helped pay the fees of others, they are being pretty harsh with us if Andy used his own money. What about Rios last year? Did any allocation money go to get him as a rent-a-player? If yes, did using allocation money when Andy could have used his own money then mean that we had to trade a guy 16 months removed from RofTY to get a measly 100K? If we simply needed the money to buy down the cap, then what is the problem with showing us what happened to all the "you suck" allocation money we have received for not making the playoffs, or the Pappa allocation money.

firefan2001 and bunge repped this.
  22. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Nope, but if the money was truly mismanaged and/or stolen, they would be wise to fix it in some way even if they never went public about it.

23. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Seven figures of allocation dollars down the drain.

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, since allocation money is not really cash, stealing that money would not be easy; the league pays all player salaries, so you would think when they are writing the checks they would see something funny.

But hey ghost people on the payroll is the Chicago way.

25. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I saw that you posted and immediately deleted a response to my next post about the allocation money. If I recall, you said that it's against league rules to talk about allocation money. Fine. I agree, but that means that you haven't established dick about the proper or improper running of the team. My questions are valid and Andy has not earned the benefit of the doubt.