An Uncertain Donovan

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by neems, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what?

2. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

3. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    This argument makes sense only if you are not aware of the circumstances. Clint was practicing with some schoolboys at fulham I think and needed to get some play in so he did not go completely off form and out of shape before working his situation out. The risk of coming into spurs and getting buried was very real and Clint needed all the help he could get and Klinsi was the one pushing for clint to go to a bigger side. His willingness to help was result of following his advice and moving to a club that he could actually do s--t.

Dono is a critical part on a team in early season and he is getting as many minutes as he can possibly play. So he can get his form back at his club. The courtesy street runs both ways, refuse to talk to your coach and you really cannot be surprised when he says, " well now you have to show me with your play how bad you want it with your current play." Which if you have been watching he has failed to do thus far.

GC is fair and if he dominates then he is on the A team again and his teammates will know he has earned his spot back.

4. CDM76

CDM76 Member+

May 9, 2006
    Socal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get it. What's the punch line, Tim?

5. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

6. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Yeah, but that is just against CONCACAF competition. ;)

7. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, we're going around in circles here. Let's rely on the other thread continue the Landon conversation. It's a News and Analysis thing.

appoo and Friedel'sAccent repped this.