An Eintracht Braunschweig thread, feat. your host Alex_K [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Alex_K, Jun 15, 2011.

1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    A while back some did an evaluation of teams who got promoted and found that most who did had few injuries, favorable schedules (ie, tough teams spread out rather than all at once), good home attendance and "luck" with referee calls and game situations. Teams can control some of this but not all. I ANY team is favored by these things then they tend to be in the promotion hunt regardless if team size or money. :)

2. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this sounds realistic to me

3. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What would be crazy if BS were to gain promotion is that southern lower saxony in all likelyhood would have three teams in the BL, which seems like an overrepresantation of the region to me (not that i see a problem with that, but still).

4. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    The Ruhr area is also overrepresented, and it's not as if people complain (currently it's only Schalke and Dortmund - but every other year they have about 20-25% of Bundesliga clubs). Not to mention Rhine-Ruhr, which is around 40% from time to time.

5. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But Ruhr and Rhine-Ruhr are among the most popolous German metros, Southern-NDS arguably the smallest. It was just an observation, id sharish a few derbies (for lack of a better term) against you.

6. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Schleswig-Holstein!!!! We need more teams from Schleswig-Holstein!!!!

:rolleyes::cool:;)

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Watched the highlights (since LoewenTV is no longer available:mad:). The first BS goal was offside and the 1860 goal was a foul which should have been whistled. Argueably the keeper, after having been fouled, pulled the 1860 player to the ground which may have been a PK had the ref not seen/not called the original Stuermer foul.

The second BS goals was sublime. The third, while well executed, was typical of the patzers 1860 used to give up two years ago. Despite all of that still a well-earned win.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpZzcXO9Z0"]‪Eintracht Braunschweig 3-1 1860 München - 2.Bundesliga Highlights‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

8. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    According to Sky and their white line it wasn't.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well, since when do announcers know offside?

If ANY playable part of the attacker is past the second to last defender then he is offside. The shoulders and head (the part of the body he scored with) were behind the last defender, ergo offside. That was text book.

Given that they ALSO missed the foul on your keeper I would not put too much trust in their ability to know the rules. ;)

10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    They are, but their share of the population is nowhere near as big as the one of Bundesliga clubs.

And the Hannover/Braunschweig metro area isn't the smallest - among the 11 official metro areas in Germany Nürnberg, Bremen and Rhein-Neckar are smaller, and Hamburg is about the same size (400k more).

11. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I'd like to see it in better quality though - it's certainly possible, but as quite a few in the media didn't saw it as clearly offside I remain unconvinced :p.

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I agree on the angle, it was not good. But the media is not the best source to hang one's hat on. I am objective enough to see the 1860 foul and non-goal despite the fact many replays I have seen (three in all) said the "foul" could have gone either way. Even the 1860 announcer doing the recap on the club's website was objective enough to see that. In the referee forum on another German site they seem in agreement that the first goals for both teams should have been called back given the video evidence. Of course, they protect their arses by saying that the refs had different angles.;)

13. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I'm all for being objective - and my, well, not very high opinion on the German sports media should be well known here :D. But as I haven't seen the game on TV I won't try to judge it from a youtube video, especially as the published opionion varies - as I said, it's certainly possible that it was offside, I can't say either way.

It was definitely hard to tell for the refree - not the best view and the 1860 players were running towards the goal. Same goes for the second goal, on which I mellowed a bit - depending on the angle it could look more like a foul from the keeper.

14. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The other metros seem more coherent becuase they don' stretch as much geographically I think.

Doesn't really matter. Good luck with your further campaign!

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I think your original point was spot on with the 1860 goal. It was CLEARLY a stuermer foul THEN a keeper foul. In the 6m box the keeper must be unimpeded; he wasn't. Clear foul IMHO and no 1860 goal. The same eyes that allow me to see that see the BS offside.;)

In any event, it was a clear victory and 1860 was played off the field, no question. I don't want to suggest 1860 ill-done. They weren't. They simply got outplayed and lost.

Anyway, 'nuff said. Now to look forward.

16. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They wore the old round crest from the 70s/80s. :cool:
    Was it just for the opening fixture, just for this season or is it here to stay?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I didn't change my opinion on the goal itself - but from the replay it looks as if it would have been hard to see clearly on the field. I always tend to give the refrees the benefit of doubt, though :D.

I never thought otherwise, I'm just a contrarian at heart :p

18. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It's back on the kits since 2008 - we're still waiting for them to change the official logo, but it was a welcome first step back then.

It's actually the crest used up to the early 70s, though - officially it was replaced by the Jägermeister logo in the 70s, although the media refused to use the new one (attitudes towards sponsors have changed since then, I fear). The current logo was introduced in 1987. I'm not sure if the round one was used as the official logo briefly in the early 80s - the club never wore a crest on their shirts back then, but since the Jägermeister logo was a way to get past the ban on shirt sponsoring they could have changed back theoretically after the ban was lifted.

19. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ah, okay then. :eek: Haven't paid attention to many 3. Liga games. I follow the scores and tabelle but rarely watch any highlights.
    Strange, though, that the goalkeeper's shirt still has the diamond logo but I suppose that's still the 'official' crest (?)
    I've noticed both crests on various items in the club's online fanshop.

20. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Oh, that one's easy - that's not the keeper, it's Dennis Kruppke after he was subbed out, wearing some kind of practice shirt. The shirt for the keepers is green, and also has the round logo.

But yes, the rhombus shape is still the official logo. Although the vast majority of fans want the round one, and have for years. Last season there even was a major choreo with the message "bring back the round logo".

21. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I can't say that I'm not happy. So far the team could continue from where they left of last season - I already said back then that Eintracht pretty much had a 2. BL level team already, and the first two games don't really contradict this.

And awesome that Pfitze scored - certainly one of my favorite players on the team. As close to being the ideal Eintracht player as you can get.

22. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tell me a bit about the squad if you don't mind. Who are some of the key players, biggest talents, what kind of tactics/system do you guys use?

Hope they keep this form up!

23. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I don't mind - I think I already talked about it earlier this thread (might also have been in the 1860 thread), but anyway:

Tactics and system haven't changed since last season - and seem to work equaly well (maybe 2nd division coaches didn't watch any videos of the games). Eintracht play 4-1-4-1, and usually sit back and rely on strong defense, wait for a mistake - and quickly counter attack. Add to this good technique (I haven't seen a German 3rd division side before that was as good technically as Eintracht last season) and dangerous set pieces, and that's the game plan in a nutshell. Another strength is that the players know each other, as the team has been build up over three previous seasons, and if someone has an off day the other players (including the bench) can step in. Last season Eintracht had 18 different goal scorers - pretty much every field player scored. And in Bohl Eintracht actually fielded an attacking midfielder in defence for the two first games this season (due to injuries).

Key players - well, as I said, actually the team works as a unit, so that's the big plus. But of course there are still some important players - I would point out the center backs Henn and Dogan (Dogan hasn't played so far due to injury - though his back up Correia did well too), who are one of the reasons the counter attack works so well (if your defense sucks the sitting back part is kinda difficult). Captain Dennis Kruppke of course, probably the best known player due to his time in Freiburg (where he was played out of position for years), currently in the form of his life - and equaly good at scoring and creating chances for others (but he can't shoot penalties. Well, nobody's perfect and all). Same goes for fellow attacking players Vrancic and Boland, and now Zimmermann too maybe, so far he's turned out as a good replacement for Bellarabi. And of course striker Kumbela - quick, and for someone who is 5 ft 7 he is a monster at headers. Guy can jump, let me tell ya.

Most starters are in their mid 20s or older, but among the younger regulars Boland and Correia should increase their profile in the near future. Outside of the current regulars Emre Turan, defender, and the Korte brothers, both attacking players, should have the best chances to establish themselves as pros.

I wouldn't expect the team to stay on top - they aren't untouchable at this level for sure - but they certainly can hang in with most 2nd BL teams.

24. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cool, keep it going!

25. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Awesome stuff, thanks Alex!

Can't wait for them to play against the "bigger" fish in the league.