An Eintracht Braunschweig thread, feat. your host Alex_K [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Alex_K, Jun 15, 2011.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats on moving back into the top flight ..the news certainly made me smile :)
    The Club " Insignia" in itself Deserves to be in the ranks of the elite in Germany without even looking into the clubs history and tradition:D ...hope you can survive the first season & avoid the drop and build on it for a strong bright future:thumbsup:
    It sure brings back a lot of memories for me and i couldnt help not thinking about KSC,Saarbruken..Uerdingen & Arminia Bielfied and that i would love to see those clubs back as well!

www.fotobahn.com

2. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Eintracht II are now pretty much promoted as well (12 points lead with 4 games to go, and a GD that's better by almost 40 goals), to the Regionalliga. The U-19 and the U-17 can both get promoted to the Bundesliga as well (U-17 are in the driver's seat for promotion, the U-19 need some assistance). Awesome season for the club as a whole (the hockey team is doing well too - field hockey is Eintracht's second major sport).

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Eintracht nvests 1.2 million Euros into the training grounds before the season - long-term that's among the really important developments recently.

4. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    New shirt sponsor will be SEAT.

5. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Keeping it within the Volkswagen group!

6. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It was going to be a VW Group brand anyway, since the club still has a contract with them. However, VW wanted to avoid having two clubs with their logo on the shirt in the same league.

7. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    12. Sp., 08.-10.11.2013: Hannover 96 - Eintracht Braunschweig

Excited yet?? :D

8. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I am just curious how long the German wikipedia article on Hannover 96 will insist on Werder Bremen being their biggest rival and that this is a much more intense rivalry than the one with Braunschweig because the clubs are on equal footing :p.

9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Squex repped this.
  10. Squex

Squex Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Thanks for the actualizations.

In your opnion which is the position in Eintracht Braunschweig team that you find weaker this season? I really want to watch Eintracht Braunschweig in Bundesliga the season

11. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Weaker than last season? There's really none, since the only frequent starter who left is Bohl. The other players leaving weren't regulars and are replaced by stronger players. Two forwards will likely still be signed (Oehrl is probably supposed to play more in midfield). The club has been negotiating with a Dutch player for some time, and he's rumored to finally sign soon.

12. Squex

Squex Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Which sector of the team for next season to play in Bundesliga ( without comparing to players from the last season) do you think is the most vulnerable, I mean with weaker player compared to the rest or with less players, for example just have one defensive midfielder in the whole team or the goalkeeper being the weakest part of the team, which sector of the team you think could be stronger.

13. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Well, as of now I really want one or two more strikers. But there will be one or two more signed, so that's going to happen. Kruppke and Oehrl aren't all-out strikers, and Ademi isn't the most deadly finisher out there (but there's lots of potential).

The gneral opinion probably is that keeper is the weakest position. Neither Davari nor Petkovic are outstanding keepers, but I am going to trust the coach on this, I guess.

14. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Alex, congratulations on earning your long-awaited promotion to the "big" Bundesliga, I can't wait 'til we get to see you guys play in top flight competition for the first time in a while. I can almost sense a 3-way Derby (Eintracht/Wolfsburg/Hannover) happening in the Lower Saxony much like we here in America here in the Pacific Northwest have with the Cascadia Cup, between my Seattle Sounders and also the Portland Timbers and Vancouver Whitecaps dating all the way back to 1974 in the days of the old NASL (North American Soccer League) and now in Major League Soccer (MLS).

I can't wait to see if you guys will last more than a year here, after all we were all disappointed with the rather poor performances, especially late last season from both Furth and Dusseldorf, hopefully you guys will persevere in staying up here for many years to come, much like Wolfsburg have been doing since the time no one gave them a chance in hell of staying up after earning our promotion in 1997.

15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    No. Hannover and Eintracht fans won't suddenly start to acknowledge Wolfsburg as equals. Both have zero respect for Wolfsburg.

Thanks, though.

16. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No bad.

The Sounders, Timbers and Whitecaps also have zero respect for each other, but, that's only when they are on the pitch in competition, and actually that's a good thing, that's how rivalries are made, and I can definitely smell one coming to the Lower Saxony this season, with every match being more of the classic WWE "grudge match" mentality, ugly, with lots of bookings, and even a few of the red card variety.

17. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    No, that's not the same thing. Eintracht fans hate Hannover, but they respect them as a serious rival. Wolfsburg are hated too, but in a different way. They are also looked down upon. People are looking forward to the games against Hannover for months. Nobody wants to lose against Wolfsburg too, but nobody actually wants to play them. People would literally prefer if they didn't exist. People root for Hannover if they play Wolfsburg - and Hannover are Eintrachts biggest and most ancient rival by a huge margin.

96Squig repped this.
  18. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    So, there was a pre-season tournament in Hamburg today and yesterday. Eintracht finished 3rd, after drawing HSV 0-0 yesterday (3-4 loss on penalties) and beating Wolfsburg today 2-1.

Games were played with two almost completely different line-ups. Solid defense, Eintracht returned to a more counter attacking play again. Against HSV there initially was almost no offense, the team focused extremely on defense. In the second hald things were a bit more balanced. Some nice attacks against Wolfsburg in the second game. In general the team matched up well with their opponents, and there seems to be no issue with depth, the "second string" didn't look bad against Wolfsburg.

19. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Do you expect Braunschweig to stay in the Bundesliga or get relegated?

21. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I don't expect either. Relegation is possible this year, but that's no really an issue worth being concerned about either way. Gotta see the first few games anyway, before there's much to base predictions on.

Sudžuka repped this.
  22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex, Yank on the U23's - Omar Castro, from Plant City, Florida. Any reports?

23. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    There's a thread on him in YA, so if there was anything noteworthy at all I would have posted it there already ;-). He played in a few pre-season friendlies (the only really serious one being a 1-1 against Lokomotive Leipzig, the others were all against amateur sides), and Eintracht II manager Henning Bürger thinks he's talented. But since he can't play for the club until after the winter break there probably won't be much news for now.

24. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually avoid that section, but now you forced me to go and find it.

25. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    There isn't really much to avoid there, but anyway - re-posted my post from this thread there, so the thread should be easy to find now ;).