Amazing Race 2013-14

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by usscouse, Feb 17, 2013.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I have to get gas.
    I need to change a tire.
    I know where it is...?????
    I'll ask my cousin if she knows.

Interesting for me, knowing that to get a cabby license in London it takes 4 years. With exams that question how to get from A to B at certain times of the day. So you expect your driver to know where he's going.
    It can and does affect the race.

2. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    So I made a cup of hot chocolate and took my cookies to my fav chair to settle and watch the AR.

Then find I'm stuck with some self congratulatory bun fest with a bunch of people who sing through their noses and play twangy guitars. :mad:
    Got out of there and fast.

3. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I hear ya...last night was a bad night for TV period.

4. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Win, win for us last night. It came down to the truely annoying Joey and Mullet mans verbal spousal abuse.
    And Mullet man went back to his aligator hunting or whatever..!

The hockey guys continue to do well, likable guys. Max (I'm smarter than everyone else) and his partner handled the cheeses better than I thought they would.

Not a bad episode with Airports and train stations still the great levelers.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nah, I think its just down to the locations of these legs. Bora Bora is too small for cabs to get lost in. And middle-of-nowhere, Botswana really needs to be self-drive.

Not many legs in cities so far, thus fewer cabs to take (although I'm one episode behind).

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted the YouTube twins gone, was sad that Alabama didn't read the directions. They would have been gone soon enough so I wasn't worried about them progressing, just wanted Joey gone.

7. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone else want to punch any of the contestants in the throat who didn't know who said "Ich ben ein Berliner?" I mean, how sad is that that a couple of them had to go asking the German locals the answer to that?

And then there's the dipshit Max, who says he loooves Ronald Reagan, but didn't get the "tear down this wall" quote correct at first. :rolleyes:

I know trivia answers like these are minutiae in the grand scheme of things, but really now, come on. This isn't some obscure War of 1812 question.

Alberto repped this.
  8. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'm a furriner and I had all those answers. I frankly was shocked. I could possibly excuse Mullet man and I know it's history but didn't these people go to school.

Hockey guys screwed up didn't they. Let themselves get sidetract by the scent of of a woman.
    I had a hard time with the . "Oh my bags gone....Ho hum" They were on a moving train, didn't they look.

Good television would have been to unhook Joey on the drop to see how fast it really was....:rolleyes:

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The trivia questions in the car were idiotic. Perhaps there was some difficulty for the first one (but no penalty for getting it wrong, not even a two minutes delay or something), but the others were pathetic. On the second one, there was only one name, and on the third, only one location. What's the point, then?

I liked the train challenge, and wish they had all been on the floor hurrying against one another. Deceptively simple.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The entire leg was weak. No real chance to over-take a team in any of the challenges. So whoever got off the train and drove the fastest to Berlin was always gonna win. In that sense, its appropriate that it was a non-elimination leg because the leg didn't test anyone.

lol @ the hockey players breaking their letter "A" though. Probably stemmed from being too busy staring at the blondes' asses. :)

11. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Thank Fowler for that...The truely annoying Joey got tossed out this time around. The roller derby moms beat them handily even though they had an extra chore to do.

12. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    And so it goes. And the right pairing won.

The annoying Max and his overserious new wife got all too overconfident and the hockey guys took it going away.

The roller derby moms, trailing in. Funny they didn't seem to enjoy anything during the whole of the series. One did smile once though.

13. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was funny how they really thought they were going to meet the president kept trying to go to the White House. I guess the other teams may have thought the same, but at least they knew 1100 Pennsylvania was not the White House :D

Max is going to have a hard time keeping that sniveling wife of his happy. She ridicules him for anything that ever goes wrong. That CIA secret password challenge was completely out of his control but she was ridiculing the shit out of him for not finding the right guy. I mean, don't get me wrong, Max probably is a somewhat of a dipshit. But still, lay off woman.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Somewhat? He is the most hated contestant in the history of the AR! If he would have won, I don't think I would have been able to watch the AR ever again, it would have left such a bitter taste in my mouth. He possesses zero redeeming qualities as a human being.

15. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the honor of most hated contestant in the show's history goes to Jonathan based on how he treated his wife Victoria. Second place goes to Flo of Flo and Zach and third goes to Collin of Collin and Christie.

16. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fourth: Kelly (the former Miss South Carolina) who told Ron (her ex-military boyfriend) that he always quit on things, including while in the military. In the military, he responded incredulously? Yes she said . . . by being a POW.

17. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As horrible a person as you could possibly find. That was so wrong on so many levels. Glad he kept his dignity and walked away from her. What a terrible person.

18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Comments like that don't bode well for a long team relationship....:rolleyes:

Flo was a cute looking thing that Zak carried through the whole series while she whined and bitched all the way. Good way to get to know if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone.

Now that'd be a good theme for their next contestant pairings....:)

Alberto repped this.
  19. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Finally caught up, good to see the only likable and reasonably competitive team left once the father-son team opted out won.

The douchey newlyweds were probably one of the worst teams to make it this far, well indicative of the decline in the average level of the teams.

20. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #70 Ismitje, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    All-star season started tonight; happy to have it back. At least @Sounders78 is still watching, if no-one else.

Good start. Amazing how long some of the teams were looking for the wedding shops, and the clues not being in all of the gondolas on the horizontal Ferris wheel.

Quite glad the loud, fighting twins are out first.

usscouse and Sounders78 repped this.
  21. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was supposed to be out of the country for the season opener but thanks to an appendectomy making me unable to travel, got to watch. Like you, I am very glad we didn't have to endure the fighting twins very long. Best thing that could have happened!

22. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    They certainly picked some of the most annoying people ever to be on the show. So happy to see the screeching twinnies go first. They just gave me a headache.
    First time the 'cowboys were on, I snickered at the thought of homeboys being lost in the world. They soon grew on me with their common sense approach. Last night they got on with it when the mob of headless chickens loudly got in each others way.
    I'd have been happy to see either of the last two go though. The bloggers or twinnies.

My daughter, the teacher in China, organized a class Amazing Race a couple of years back. Just a one weekend rush around the city. It was a huge success, the media, TV and newspaper found out about it too late but she did give them some photos. They wanted in on it next time but that was it.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have it on the dvr, but I don't know if I can deal with Joey again. I like a few of the other teams, but Joey just annoyed me the season they were on, enough that I didn't want to watch the parts they were on air.

24. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Who picked these horrendous teams? The twins, Rachael, the deaf guy and overprotective mom, Afghanimals, and Joey's screeching?

25. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I stopped watching the race a couple of seasons back, but I'm back in for this because I want to see the Cowboys finally win one.