Amazing Race 2013-14

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by usscouse, Feb 17, 2013.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  2. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    There was talk of Lisa Whelchel on this with the All star baseball player Whats-his-name. But not to be.
    Guess we have to make do with John (Marion) Wayne's granddaughter, Jennifer Kuhle ..:)

3. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cast looks interesting. First stop is Bora Bora!!!!

4. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I liked the penalty for skipping the task in this round. I was expecting that they would have to wait 4 hours before they could finish out the 1st leg. Having to start the 2nd leg 4 hours later seems a more fitting penalty.

5. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    But it's really the same penalty, because they'd have to start the 2nd leg 4 hours later anyway. They just had to waste the 4 hours sitting around doing nothing in previous seasons. Either way they're starting 16 hours from when they first arrive at the mat.

6. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I honestly didn't realize that was how it had always been.

7. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Fun going to Bora Bora for the first leg. Haven't been there since the 60's :) The parachute jump looked cool but that first challenge was a drag, listening to frustrated people whine about the sand and heat.
    That type of challenge is always hard. Remembering that lady with the rolls of hay bales looking for a clue until she dropped some time in the night.
    Don't think I'll miss the (We can do anything) firemen....who couldn't paddle an outrigger canoe.

8. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    They made a big deal about it, but I think they let them check in because they'd all taken the penalty. It probably helps them get Phil to the next location a little earlier too.

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't understand why the firemen didn't turn around and go try the challenge again once they knew they would lose the canoe race.

10. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I'm don't believe going back and trying the challenge again was an option. They don't get the final clue unless they either find the clue in the sand or they take the 4-hour penalty. They had opted for the latter.

11. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway

If they were allowed to go back and continue the challenge (which I don't think they were) it would have gone down as one of the dirtiest moves in Amazing Race history as the firement were the ones that came up with the idea and had everyone shake hands on it.

12. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Not a one of those dopes figured out to put the bucket over the castle before moving it. That would save a lot of shoveling.

13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You spend far too much time playing on the beach!

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun stuff tonight. Lots of ways to mess up as you attempt to self-direct, which is always my favorite kind of leg.

15. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I find it really annoying that the doctors were even allowed to compete. I was under the impression that The Amazing Race had try-outs and one would think that not being able to swim would be something that would disqualify you. I know that everyone has different fitness levels, but c'mon, not being able to swim?

16. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or, if not screened, why wouldn't the vag doctors get some swimming instruction before coming on the show? It's evident, if you watch the show, there's a pretty good chance you have to do swimming in several of the challenges.

Also, they weren't too bright either - everyone except for them figured out you can pull the entire string of clams from the cables they were attached to. I guess these guys were just too accustomed to looking at one clam at a time.

HerthaBerwyn and Alberto repped this.
  17. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    4 things you have to be able to do for Amazing Race:

Swim
    Ride a bike
    Be able to perform a task high in the air
    Drive a vehicle with a manual transmission

usscouse and Alberto repped this.
  18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm rooting for former Carolina Hurricane Bates Battaglia.

crazypete13 repped this.
  19. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Or is it 4 thing you should be able to do? :) We've seen time and again people who can't swim. Set your teeth on edge as someone grinds gears on a new car or people who feeze on a high platform or building.
    Ride a bike? Well if you can't do that you had a lousy childhood.

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not a fan of the youtube friends, I guess I'm rooting for the hockey brothers.

I think the Korean girls will be the next to go, Alabama is too reliant on the husband, but Chip and Kim did win with Kim doing just a bit of sightseeing that one season. She didn't do one roadblock.

21. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I suppose you can excuse them for that given they were panicking. Still, not switching the challenge was inexcusable.

Bit of a shame if the father-son team are out because of the Achilles. They felt as the strongest team so far.

22. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The previews for the next episode shows the father-son competing, with the dad in a leg cast. So maybe they're not out yet..

23. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    They might not be out, but they're not winning. If I were the team with the Express Pass, I'd hand it over to them, since they're not going to challenge for the $1 million.

24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I think the two faced team with the express pass would rather burn it than share.

25. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, but now they can "do the right thing" without threatening themselves at all.