Altidore not on Jurgen's mind + Special Interview about 2013 and beyond

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Nov 2, 2012.

1. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, you said that in the post i responded to. Then I explained some circumstances which would lead to him not playing well to not be all that surprising, and then you just repeat the same things. I'm not wasting time going in circles.

And take it up with Jozy? What kind of a 1st grade level cop out is that? That's like discussing politics with a friend and him just saying, well take it up with Obama. Uh huh....

Next time you have a opinion on a player, I'll remember to tell you just to take the issue up with that player, since that's the type of conversations you enjoy.

I've got work to do, see ya.

2. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    So you basically just started watching the US national team in 2011 after Jurgen got hired?

3. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sorry in the last year.

Jeez. Its always what have you done for me lately. Not what did you do for me 2 1/2 years ago.

4. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I've watched a lot of Jozy and a lot of Herc with their club teams. Herc makes a more runs, for sure. But Jozy's off the ball movement is much more intelligent.

5. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny given that I said he will be in our World Cup Squad and probably be starting. but not if he plays like that. (he himself admitted he played terribly)

6. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Its shocking to me how a player's production falls off in direct correlation with the hiring of a new manager, yet people like yourself refuse to even consider that his lack of production is a by product of shit tactics.

Considering his level has been on a steady and rapid ascent at the club level, its kind of odd that his play with the national team would so drastically fall off unless there was another explanation.

afgrijselijkheid repped this.
  7. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said he played terribly did he not?
    Is anyone forgetting Jozy saying I didnt connect with my teammates well and need to play better or are we just ignoring this to suit our own needs?

8. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    He said that in an attempt to say the right things in the media before Jurgen threw him under the bus and basically blamed Jozy for why the offense has been pure shit in his tenure. As soon as Jurgen decided to bad mouth him in the media, Jozy's true feelings came out.

Jozy was being classy. Jurgen was being a douche.

Adiaga Two and (TxT) repped this.
  9. vaquero28

vaquero28 Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read that as well, on his own blog. There are always some who have inside knowledge that do not read that inside knowledge but manufacture it. Strange that.

10. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Jozy thinks he played well and lied that he didnt play well.

Thats even worse.

11. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    :rolleyes:

Look up the word context. When you figure out what it means, come back and provide some input. Until then, you and Spurs are twisting the context of Jozy's comment to try and skew the timeline of events.

12. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I think he agrees that he could have played better, but bit his tongue and didn't throw the coach under the bus, saying that a big part of why he wasn't playing well is the tactics.

Then the coach turns around and makes him a scapegoat, so Jozy lashed out and basically called the tactics shit. And now Jurgen is "teaching him a lesson."

13. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what it is but, ultimately we need Jozy back on the team. For his age he performed very well at the last world cup and we will need him at the next one.

14. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Jozy didnt really think he played poor.

But he did really think Jurgen was incompetent.

He should be truthful about it then.

15. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I think that a major part of the feud is also the fact that Verbeek called Klinsmann a total idiot and Jozy was caught in the middle.

With Jurgen's ego, that certainly isn't helping things.

russ repped this.
  16. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He made Jozy a scapegoat?

He said Jozy needs to do more. He goes out and gets some other players and we win get 13 points (2nd most ever) and continue on.

I think the coach was vindicated. Yes you hate Jurgen I get it. I think he is just ok. But because I dont hate him like you do and think everything he does is terrible I think he is a savior.

Dont you think that s insanity?

Just because I dont call him names and think he is a fraud doesnt mean I think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He is ok and thats it and I can see where he is coming from when he leaves Jozy out.

Ghosting repped this.
  17. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He called him a total idiot? Quotes ,source?

18. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    ???? So we got zero of those 13 points with Jozy on the field?

He's a nice guy. Unlike you, I've met him personally. Even played a little soccer with they guy. Very likeable. But personality and likability don't win soccer games. So as a coach, my personal feelings towards the man have no weight.

As far as you pretending that you only think JK is so-so.....You have never one time mentioned a single thing you thought JK has done wrong or a mistake that he has made.

And in every thread that JK gets criticized by anyone, you are the first person making up a ludicrous excuse as to why he shouldn't be criticized. You've gone as far as to say that anyone who criticizes Jurgen is just a xenophobic racist.

I may be outspoken about my distrust of Jurgen as a coach, but at least I'm honest with myself about it and consistent. You say one thing and your actions do another.

Oh wait....maybe that's why you like Jurgen so much.

19. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    "That's eleven hours flying. And then that doesn't factor in the time difference. This is very dumb of Klinsmann. This serves no one... I have tried to stop it, but he did not appear lenient. And Jozy himself said he didn't want to go... Klinsmann has been appointed the successor to [Bob] Bradley and clearly he wants to draw his own lines. Whereas it concerns all parties, is it not more important that Jozy gets fit faster? It is pure self-importance from a man who had but one year as manager with a club and got fired. That says enough."

Mr Martin repped this.
  20. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time for Gulati to get involved for the sake of the team?

21. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see. Well there you have it. Jurgen made a mistake there.

22. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Cut a break, considering in his mind we really didn't use tactics until only recently its hard for him to tell.

23. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    If you weren't aware that there was serious hostility between Jurgen and Verbeek for the better part of the last year, then you've had your head buried in the sand.

24. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Funny how you track a player so closely that you don't like.

25. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I'm fairly certain that Spursfan1 didn't start watching the US national team until Jurgen was hired.

Some of the things he posts about the US from even three years ago is so off base its comical.