All Rocks Super League

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by 1800-WorldCup, Jun 29, 2011.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I think that ends it for Park Lane.
    Having lost the clean sheet option, LSG is now looking for Agger to score again.

2. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agger just got booked

3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    A few unexpected scares, but FCTB, Teso, and ThiKu look to have moved on.

For the Kopite-dawgs match, I've got it currently Kopite 40, dawgs 39 after all the autosub business is done, with bonus points still to be awarded. In the event of a draw, Kopite was the "home" team despite the lower seeding in the predetermined format, so Kopite will prevail in the event of a draw. Can Suarez pick up 2 or 3 bonus points? I've given up trying to predict them this season, but it's hard to believe he gets them when not scoring in a 4-goal game, ... even if he was "unplayable".

Looks like I've been done in by the Wes Hoolahan autosub. Didn't think I'd be saying that this season! :alien:

4. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he nutmegged Terry three times in the first half, surely that's worth a point! :)

5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bonus
    Agger
    Shelvey (2)
    Henderson (3)

6. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Surprise, surprise. The bonus points go to the goalscorers, not the nutmegger. I still don't see what this change in system accomplished. In any event, well played and congrats.

SUPER LEAGUE

**SEMIS - gw37**

5. FC Touchline Ban vs 15. London St. Germain (**47-45**)
    - LSG's Agger made it interesting and the Liverpool clean sheet would have been enough. It's always scary to rely on others, but FCTB should probably send a little end of season gift to Ramires!

14. Kopite Juniors vs 12. blechs_dawgs (**40-39**)
    - Done in by Wes Hoolahan.

- - - - - - -

SUPER CUP

**SEMIS - fw37**

Dynamo Teso vs. blechs_dawgs (**46-39**)
    - The autocaptaincy shift to Dempsey is the 7-point differential.

Park Lane vs ThiKuMariners (**43-52**)
    - Like LSG, Park Lane needed the Liverpool clean sheet. ThiKu moves on.

7. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    The Finals are set. There will be no double. Congrats and good luck.

SUPER LEAGUE

**FINAL - gw38**

5. FC Touchline Ban vs 14. Kopite Juniors

- - - - - - -

SUPER CUP

**FINAL - gw38**

Dynamo Teso vs. ThiKuMariners

kopiteinkc repped this.
  8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    SUPER LEAGUE

**FINAL - gw38**

5. FC Touchline Ban 33 vs 14. Kopite Juniors 42

Walters of Stoke grabs MotM to win the Super League

- - - - - - -

SUPER CUP

**FINAL - gw38**

Dynamo Teso 30 vs. ThiKuMariners 57
    Heitinga grabs the honors in the Super Cup final

9. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Kopite has covered it already, but here's a little something extra....
    SUPER LEAGUE
    FC Touchline Ban v Kopite Juniors (**33-42**)
    Kopite Juniors close it out strong (well, at least strong enough). While dropping to #19 of 32 in the final gameweek in the AllRocks table, 42 points secured victory of the first (perhaps last) Super League trophy. The young Adams continued to rely on the unexpected. Wes Hoolahan was surprise star performer in gw37, and Kopite then drew on a season-high 14 points from Jonathan Walters. Yes, Walters has been playing as an out-of-position midfielder with plenty of promise, but how many weeks had it been since he last scored? The 14 points made up 1/3 of the team total, with the remaining 9 including captain managed 1 goal and 1 clean sheet for 28 points between them. Kudos for continuing to believe in him...
    Not that anyone other than me cares, but Kopite edges my dawgs by 1 point again this week, so I suppose I must actually accept defeat. However, the other way of thinking about it is that this would have been my victory had I somehow squeaked by in gw37.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    SUPER CUP
    Dynamo Teso v ThiKu Mariners FC (**30-57**)
    ThiKu wrapped up the season in style, grabbing multiple titles on the season's final day, while climbing into the top 10 in the AllRocks table. Showing off to some extent if you factor in the measly 2 points doubled from the Newcastle (aka good) Cisse, ThiKu poured it on with a varied assortment of goals and assists. Heitinga was the superstar with 17 points, eliminating any second-guessing of Santos' goal on the bench since it wasn't needed (or expected). The lead was comfortable and there was no bonus points anxiety, even though an extra 7 points got logged in that form the day after the season ended.

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nobody remembers the beaten semi finalists! :)