All purpose 2013 preseason thread, News, Notes and Rumors go here

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Going Mobile, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    this. He really did sound like a subject matter expert and we really did have fewer injuries than i'd ever seen. remember the days of Preki when we never knew who was going to get killed in practice. messed our line up around on more than one occasion. Mr liston you are respected by the fans and i'm sure by the team. and i enjoyed your video spots on nutrition

CTS26 and Gameface repped this.
  2. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
  3. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to one member of the technical staff, the club has chosen to hold off on all player/staff contract options or extensions. He said that it was like that even in late July. Players have been left in limbo and the staff have figured that most of them were out a long time ago.

One player(one of our starters) told me that his agent couldn't even get the decency of a call back from the FO in regards to getting a contract option exercised for next season. He was saddened by the lack of communication and really wanted to commit to our club.

I expect a mass exodus as a result of this inactivity and one cannot blame anyone for bailing to protect their 2013 options. Most of our roster is on non-guaranteed contracts and up for an option for next season. This could get very interesting.

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Jesse Marsch has gotten the boot from Montreal. I'd like to see him coaching Chivas USA, but I'm guessing that won't be in the cards. Shame, really.

CTS26, Gameface and Going Mobile repped this.
  5. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would make too much sense for him to be given a fair shot here. Yeah, it would be cool if he took over.

6. Gameface

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, but the current ownership appears to be blinded by an ethnocentric pipe dream.

7. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Espn Deportes guy Sutcliffe who twitted that Efrain Flores would be the next coach for the Goats is now twitting someone told him Jose Luis Real will now takeover as the next head coach and not Flores.
    :ROFLMAO:

8. Gameface

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, and he will do it with skype from a remote location in Jalisco!

9. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    You guys, if this happens this can only be good news. No one wants to leave a crap historical footprint. This way el Guero will have to keep good players on our team while developing the youth because he will be running the ship and take all the blame if it goes terribly wrong. If I was running a team and coaching it, I would want the best players for my team or there goes my reputation. El Guero at the helm of our first team and deveolopment academy. i can finally see us playing an attractive style of futbol. If thisdoes get locked up then I will start inviting friends and family again to the games. Either El Guero or Efrain would be GREAT additions. No more gambling on people that have no proven track record. I was interested to have Jesse or Wynalda run the ship but El Guero and Efrain have both coached on big stages

10. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vergara announced on Raza Deportiva that there will be a press conference on Nov. 13th. He did not say he would be there.

11. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/espndeportesradio/play?id=1650957

12. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9:30 mark in the interview:

Vergara speaks in reference to Johan Cruyff's comments and just about confirms his intentions. The Best players of Mexican descent born anywhere in the world e.g. USA, will play for chivas (guadalajara).
    Click here to listen to the Inteview​

13. Gameface

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently his first target is Hercules Gomez. Something tells me that Chivas USA will be a feeder/parasitic host to Tapatio rather than GDL.

EastLAChiva repped this.
  14. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something tells me that Vergara's press conference will bring more questions than answers. I hope the ticket sales reps are prepared.

15. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also heard that they inquired about Hercules Gomez but then I realized that Gomez plays for the USMN and I dont think that would sit well with the Guadalajara fans. Could they be thinking of building Chivas USA around him? I know its far fetched but I've learned that anything is possible.

-REY MISTERIO- and Truhero repped this.
  16. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Herc has admitted that he is Galaxy trhrough and through. I also think he's enjoying his time in Mexico. he was never fully appreciated in MLS. I would like him on our team but is Herc Herc without Guty estrada and co feeding him dangerous passes all night? We need attack minded midfield (and defense), only then would Agudelo and Romero and townsend be dangerous. If we had a damien alvarez, guty estrada, gringo torres, sinha, etc etc etc any one of those three (agudelo, twnsend, romero) could be Dangerous. Oh yeah Correa to

17. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    be ready next Tuesday November 13 ....
    We will finally hear from Vergara and the Chivas USA 2013 project, the direction the Club would be taking ..it is a new beginning lets all be ready .. I know I’m
    I’m very exited... looking forward to hear what would happened here with my Club in LA
    I feel butterflies in my stomach espero que esta mamada no pase the expectation are High at least mine are ..check thi out F@KEN FUNNY IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

U.S Chiva repped this.
  18. echo-2

echo-2 Member

LAFC
    Mexico
    Nov 4, 2007
    San Pedro, CA.
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know where in Beverly Hills Vergara is holding his press confrence tomorrow?

19. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably the Hilton. I didn't know there were Chivas USA fans in the 90210. So much for being the people's team.

20. Gameface

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adding to it, many of the local soccer journos have been blacklisted from the event and all of the questions had to be reviewed and approved ahead of time. The whole thing is basically canned and censored to prevent Vergara from having to field relevant questions. Enjoy the well rehearsed show!

21. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  22. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    so did any of you go? what did he say? we got three twitter responses that said we want to play attractive futbol, and we will start looking for a stadium, and we will not move from LA. What were the details?

23. Truhero

Truhero Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Section 101
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there and this is pretty much what I got out of it.

Jorge and Angelica took complete control of Chivas USA because they saw the need for help that the team needed but also that they saw that with the right investment it could be done.

Goal: to have Chivas USA be a Cup contender within the next 5 Years

Coach: will be announced within the next 10 days, have contenders from Mexico, South America, and Holland

Diversity: Would like to see as many homegrown (local) players especially from a hispanic background.

Stadium: Talks are on from the stadium and hopefully will be finalized for the spot right next to USC

Influence: More influence from Guadalajara including youth and experienced players from Guadalajara and mentioned possibly using DP spots that the league has allowed

Presence: Jorge Vergara and his family will make Los Angeles their other home and not a Jr team to Guadalajara but nurture it to grow.

Relocating: Hell No, he paid premiums to be in LA and is not going to relocate.

CTS26 repped this.
  24. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    I was at the press conference today.

Contrary to popular belief, today Vergara acknowledged his mistakes from 2005.

Said he wanted to broaden the fan base to more non-hispanics by playing attractive soccer and bringing in talented players.
    Not moving from Los Angeles.
    Downtown USC stadium partnership deal in the works. Talks will resume.
    Possible Los Angeles incorporation in name.
    More academy youth will play, not just Mexicans
    Crouyff will lead the coach search.
    All nationalities welcomed to play for Chivas USA.
    DP player or players in the works.

Goal for the next 3 years is to move out of HDC and be an MLS Cup contender.

With all of the tweets from Whal, Davis, Twelman and the comments here, you'd think Vergara announced the second coming of the Aztlan movement.

25. dino1er

dino1er Member

Jun 5, 2009
    east side of la
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I met with him. He admitted to never having his hands on the club before and that he didn't invest to buy full control just to lose money. I say lets all wait and see, but it did sound like he is ready to put money into CUSA with the stadium and player acquisitions.