All Muslim team

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by astabooty, Jan 25, 2005.

1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Not as good as Bristol City's left back, and devout Muslim, Ricky 'Rockey' Rhode.

Or the very esoteric Nigerian winger, Basking Robins.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    That they are from communities who have a lot of Muslims does not make them Muslims. Not every Turk is a Muslim, not every Israeli is a Jew.

3. Gerrit

Gerrit New Member

May 20, 2005
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Mike Tyson is a Muslim? :eek: I believe he did lot of things that can be considered as haram, didn't he ? :rolleyes: Boxing on itself doesn't seem matchable with a religion promoting peace...

Marat Safin is Muslim as well?

May I ask: just like in any religion, young Muslims have certain ceremonies, rituals etc they have to do while growing up (eg Jewish = circumcision, Bar-Mitswa, tora readings at very young age // Catholicism = baptism, holy communy, ...). If someone converts at a later age, for example to Muslim, can he just enter the religion or does he have to do certain things as well before being accepted? Example: it would make sense someone wanting to convert to being Jewish at adult age would be required to learn Hebrew so that he can have Tora sessions just like all-life Jewish people.

4. beatsoccer

beatsoccer Red Card

Sep 5, 2005
    somewhere outhere.
    i believe a moslem should pray like 4to5 times a day, does Henry or zidan do that ?

5. NEDVEDONLINE

NEDVEDONLINE New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    both have identified themselves as muslims. Like I said, check out the link to the encyclopedia article. Read it carefully and for tht matter, i dun think that encyclopedia's lie!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslims

6. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

When a person converts to Islam all he has to do is declare that there is only one God and Mohammed is his messenger and take a bath (cleaning the body of previous sins) and that is that.

You don't have to learn Arabic to become a Muslim.

7. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Actually, encyclopedias are at times mistaken, and wikipedia is written by individuals, often like you and me. There have been mistaken reports than Johan Neeskens is Jewish, for instance, included in encyclopedias, too.
    I'm not denying that they are, merely suggesting that having a name like Marat does not make you Muslim.

8. NEDVEDONLINE

NEDVEDONLINE New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    when MARAT SAFIN won the aus open in jan of 2005, he said in a TV interview that he was a much stronger muslim now than he was before, and he even confessed that he does observe some practices of Islam.

9. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Most Jews can't read Hebrew, so that answer is a no.

10. NEDVEDONLINE

NEDVEDONLINE New Member

Sep 16, 2005

11. NEDVEDONLINE

NEDVEDONLINE New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    4 gud reasons y Ibrahimovic is a muslim( actually a i was helped out on this bt a Bosnjak :) )

1.because his father is a muslim
    2.because he always stated he's half bosnian
    3.only muslims in bosnia do that
    4.and because of his long nose :)

12. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    You only have to see the above example I gave, as to when to trust encyclopaedia's or not... :rolleyes:

I don't think Robin Van Persie is a muslim though. I just think his wife is...

13. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    1. RvP is a convert.
    2. Vieira is a muslim, I've actually met him at the finsbury park mosque.

14. NEDVEDONLINE

NEDVEDONLINE New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    here is my ALL MUSLIM X1

-------------------------RUSTU-----------------------------------------------TRABELSI------------ALPAY--------------BOUMA-----------------------------------------------SERKAN----SELCUK-----------------------------------------OKAN KOC------ZIDANE--------------------EMRE---------------------------------------HALIL ALTINTOP---IBRAHIMOVIC----------------------

15. NEDVEDONLINE

NEDVEDONLINE New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    R U REALLY SURE ABOUT THT MATE THT VIERA IS A MUSLIM?

16. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    well, i don't pray 5 times a day except on occasional friday lunchtimes but i don't think it's compulsary anyway..

17. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    100%, though he isn't very strict.

18. NEDVEDONLINE

NEDVEDONLINE New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    thkx mate. I dun think RvP is tht strict either.

19. blue32828

blue32828 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    orlando
    you must pray 5 times a day if you are a muslim. it's a great sin not to. many muslims i know don't but it's one of the 5 pillars. anyway ramadan begins on the 7th, god willing, so we'll see who drinks water during the games. pretty sure henry isnt unless they serve kosher or beef hot dogs at the movie theaters in london.

20. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Muslims that grow up in non-islamic countries like me, tend not to be very strict. but not always.

21. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    they will all drink water, if they play without water they will be dehydrated and cause themselves health problems and im sure its like a loophole that if it is detremental to health you can drink.

22. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    correct. but it won't be a problem for the muslim players playing in spain where the league usually starts after sunset.

23. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    have any Muslim players not played because they were not going to drink?
    because I don't think the club would take it very well.

24. blue32828

blue32828 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    orlando
    i know that hakeem olajuwon didn't drink during his games when he was fasting. you don't have to fast if you must take pills to live or something like that. in that case, you have to give to charity instead. any other case, like playing in a football match or basketball game doesn't count as a case of need. muslims all arounf the world work very hard in the sun all day long and don't break fast. i'm sure there is a lot of pressure on muslim footballers to play when they should be fasting but if they drink during the game, it is considered breaking the fast.

25. blue32828

blue32828 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    orlando
    i'm sure there have, can't name any. these guys have been playing football all their lives and i think that they would be used to playing and fasting at the same time.