All Falcao, All The Time! - The Transfers and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Alma Merengue, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/45843/lionel-messi?cc=5739

Messi: 0,25 goals per shot.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/22774/cristiano-dos-santos-aveiro-ronaldo?cc=5739

Ronaldo: 0,16 goals per shot.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/87706/radamel-zarate-falcao-garcia?cc=5739

Falcao: 0,38 goals per shot.

2. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    It said this in the Sid blog.

"He has scored nine times from 28 shots; Messi has 11 from 44; Ronaldo 9 from 54."

3. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ronaldo is still the better complete player.

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    If those stats are true maybe Ronaldo is the one we should sell, Higuain and Benz can't be that much worse :D

5. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cash + Nani for Ronaldo.

6. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Fixed.

7. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fixed.

Zidane05 repped this.
  8. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

You are comparing Higuain and Benzema to Falcao who had just come from Portugal, with no pre-season of any sort because of Copa America, to a crappy Atletico with Manzano, in his first ever season in the Spanish League.... That's the only way Higuain and Benzema had a shot; and they couldn't match 36 goals he scored for Atletico.

Fast forward to the current season, with a serious Simeone, a whole pre-season under Falcao's belt, and his second year in the league... 10 games ... 16 goals in all competitions including national team... I mean... what can you say... except his the best CF in the world... years ahead of Benzema and Higuain... .. To top it all off.. he has not even played in the Europa League this season.. which by the way should basically change the competition name to Falcao League... If Atleti wasn't playing with their Subs the Europa... Falcao's numbers would be astronomical...

Every time I watch Real Madrid, and I see how slow Higuain is, or the lack of attitude in Benzema... and all those crosses that Benzema is too scared to go after, and that Higuain is to slow to get... you just wonder how different it would be with Falcao in our team.

Lurtz and ambro repped this.
  9. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Adebayour. Out of favour and knows the club. A loan deal will be enough to get him in January i think.

10. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I liked Ade's time here but we need a long term solution imo (we either stick with Higuain/Benzema or we get another player in on a long term contract)

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm a Falcao fan forever, but our strikers are not bad. That's what i'm trying to say. I've said he is the next thing after Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi right now, but Benzema and Higuain are not bad players. We have other spots that we need to work on the roster (a player to slowly take over from Xabi, for example).

I'd still welcome Falcao with open arms.

Superb stuff:

John Terry wants to leave England and Valencia are interested. Would be super fantastic. Please let it happen. :D

anticule repped this.
  12. Lurtz

Lurtz Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wanted one for Xmas, but I'm holding off on getting another Real kit until January so I get can Falcao. :D

4x4s repped this.
  13. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea ready to offer 60ME for Falcao in January. Apparently personal terms have already been agreed.

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    That's the team in the rumor that started this thread:

EDIT: I think Falcao has played 0.0 minutes in European competition this season. This will be an interesting story to follow.

15. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Hmm.. That's an interesting little fact there. I wonder if they knew that he will be off in the Jan window?

Dammit :( Do it MouPez!!

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What is the rule for Europa Cup/CL mid-season transfer? We did sign players in the winter who featured in the old UEFA Cup , didn't we? Diarra ended up playing in the CL.

17. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Falcao played in the Super Cup for Atletico. Doesn't that count?

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's a very good question, and I believe the answer is no.

19. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I think Zidane05 is right. My understanding is that the Super Cup does not count.

20. verbatim100

verbatim100 Member

Apr 25, 2012
    B.A.
    Oh, god, we are now after Bale?
    What's happening with Madrid, shifting to play an English football in Spain? We are getting players of less technically gifted, overrated mediocrity, and non-world class with Mou in charge. :mad:

With Modric and Bale, Real Madrid are going to turn into a Spurs. Are Real Madrid going to be controlled more and more by the Portuguese? Sucks.

21. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Add Heurelho Gomes and Defoe too.

22. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is no space for Bale.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Get a grip man.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even a grip is better than Bale F*********************!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Chinky24 repped this.
  25. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale is an expensive backup, why don't we use either Jese or Morata and see whether one of them spans out well. Callejon is also here even though I believe he is somewhat limited in ability.