All Falcao, All The Time! - The Transfers and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Alma Merengue, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree about Modric 100%, he can't play the DM Xabi-style effectively in my eyes. Not physical enough and certainly seems slower to cover for the backline and get back into position. Waaaaay more attacking than Xabi. We'd still need a DM covering up for him.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    For me Di Maria is better than Bale in our current system of play and even in a stand alone comparison.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For me as well, but that doesn't mean Bale is a bad player, rather than Di Maria being a very good one. He's also comfortably better than Hazard, who as i said is not a bad player, i just don't see his promise. Maybe on an other position on the field, but not where he plays now.

4. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    The Ramos-Pepe pairing worries me in cup competitions. I'm not sure they're mentally strong enough to win the UCL with. And yes, I know our central defense in former victories. Obviously they're left exposed by the midfield and sometimes the backs as well. But that favours their strengths and makes them look more dependable than they really are.

5. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Judging by how he played last year it would stupid to say otherwise. Judging by how he's been playing this year it's hard to pick Di Maria over Bale. This is what pisses me off most about Di Maria, he's good enough to win games for us by himself, instead he comes off as brain dead.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Dude you basically said Hazard sucked :D

I don't think Bale is bad, I just think he isn't a fit for this club and definitely not at twice his value.

I've stated this for a while now. I wanted Ramos moved to RB and Varane moved to CB. I felt it would solve the RB situation and give a more calmer CB pairing.

I don't think Bale would be very effective playing against teams which defend so deep; something he doesn't deal with much at Tottenham. Also, I agree about Di Maria and his brain-deadness. It is infuriating.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If that's how you interpret it, sure. It's like me saying you act if if they play with a different shaped football in England and he has to learn it's properties before he can perform his magic.

While Hazard at the value of a Silva would be totally awesome.

Hazard isn't all that effective against any sort of defence right now. :ROFLMAO:

8. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    6 goals and 15 assists in all competitions (4 goals and 10 assists in the PL) in his first 5 months is quite a respectable tally for someone who isn't all that effective against any sort of defence.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He plays for Chelsea. The team that put 8 past Aston Villa. Even Torres can get on the score sheet regularly.
    The idea is not that he's bad, humour aside, the idea is that this guy would improve our team so much (for 40 million euro as well), when my idea is that Chelsea bought themselves a younger Joe Cole, for a lot of money. He'll be a solid player for Chelsea, but i don't see anybody paying over his current value for him at some point in the future.

The fact that Bale is overpriced, and a bit overrated has nothing to do with it, Hazard for 40 million Euro would have been bad business.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Far more awesome than Bale near what we paid for Cristiano.

Is it because he................. sucks? :D

11. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'd rather have Hazard than Modric.

12. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    I wouldnt..

Crimson and 4x4s repped this.
  13. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is there anyone that should be purchased or loaned here in January? Bale would be for the summer, but who isn't cup-tied aside from Falcao?

14. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dortmund's sporting director said their arms are always open if Nuri wants to return back and the transfer is within logical limits. There go our 10 million Euro.

16. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Would be good for him. No respect given to him at RM. Had everything going for him over there and I would be happy for him to keep playing at a top flight club instead of Liverpool.

17. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Says a lot when Joe Allen is in front of you. Sahin does not have the big club mentality. Simple as.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also, Jonjo Shelvy, the Carsten Janker lookalike.

19. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just wish this Sahin business would've turned out better for us. I never imagined such a sudden drop in form.

20. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently Inter is also interested in a winter deal.

21. verbatim100

verbatim100 Member

Apr 25, 2012
    B.A.

Luka Modric has been voted by Marca readers as the WORST signing of 2012 in La Liga.

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that too. Hey, seems harsh but for as much money as we paid he hasn't had almost any impact. Not necessarily all his fault by any means, but he hasn't lit it up. Let's hope he turns it around going forward.

The Sahin situation is a tough one. The guy has talent in there, but his stock has fallen so much and mentally seems a ways off of being useful in Madrid. The next move may make or break him.

23. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah I saw that this morning as well. Of course, he'll now come out with an official statement to deny he ever said such a thing. But it's quite the interesting twist in the plot. Has Uncle Flo done it again? :D

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Levante bought a striker, then bought another cup tied striker again because the guy they bought couldn't play because of personal issues. You can do a lot worse than Luka Modric. It's just that a lot of the people that vote are total idiots. Let me remind you, that by their standards, Raul was once the worst starting striker in the League.