All Falcao, All The Time! - The Transfers and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Alma Merengue, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verbatim100

verbatim100 Member

Apr 25, 2012
    B.A.
    It is untrue. The British tabloids are getting rather desperate to sell papers, and gain millions for Britain: buy Spanish players cheaply for them and sell EPL players to Spain at exorbitant prices.

Realistically, where do you think RM get money to pay Levy 60 m? We spent 40m for one player in summer. Do you think RM would be willing to spend over 100m for two rather mediocre players from Spurs in just one year, even though there is a kind of Portuguese connection? Perez has now been forced to look for investors and sponsors overseas to obtain funding. It would be very unlikely that we would spend a lot on transfers unless we sell our highly rated players first, which is in this economic climate very difficult to do.

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    It is no secret that he is a player the Mourinho likes, whether he comes or notis another question. This morning the story was the Coentrao might go the other way as part of the deal. Not sure I believe that either.

If we do not finish the season with the CL, I think we can expect Uncle Flo to make some big investments this summer.

3. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I've personally had enough with "players Mourinho likes."

Oscar, MISH and Doni repped this.
  4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    LOL. Understood.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    While I would rather get a player both the club and manager can agree upon, I agree here. Do not want Bale.

That money could be used on someone who won't be a bench player in two years like say Falcao (I know not too realistic), Neymar, Cavani, anyone...

EDIT: Ah, I'm sure my Hazardinho demands from last summer seem more attractive now considering our options/current form.

6. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    With the way he's playing I'm kinda glad he went to Chelsea :D

4x4s repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Totally. Never understood what about him was worth over 40 million Euro.

Bale is a very capable player. The price is too high, but he's a pretty good player..

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    There is no way you think Bale would be better for Madrid than Hazard... right?

Then again, you hate all of my favorites, example; Neymar. :D

9. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard needs time to adapt to the PL. I agree that he hasn't warranted his price tag so far, but I expect him to improve in 2013.

As for Bale, I can only see him coming here if Ronaldo leaves. And I agree with YS that Florentino will want to buy a big name if we miss out on La Decima this season. Personally I still hope for Neymar.

10. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    The problem with Perez' choosing to buy a big name is that said player will invariably be a CAM or a striker, and those are not areas of concern right now. He needs to be looking at the defense and central midfield because Alonso's clock seems to be ticking.

Modric was a bad buy I feel, not because he's not a good player but because he was intended to fill the Alonso role and he's just not that kind of player. Alonso is the essence of a deep-lying playmaker, Modric is a runner who makes it to the final third more often than not. Sahin was supposed to be the 'new Alonso' but seems like it's not happening for him at Anfield.

I think Vidal would be a great, great buy, if he really wants to splash cash. He's basically a very rich man's Khedira, and versatile enough that you can play him with basically any midfield partner and he can cover up their deficiencies and adapt to their strengths. Unfortunately he's not a glamorous enough player for Perez, so...

11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Modric to me is more of an Iniesta type player than a Xabi. And to get the best out of him he needs a different midfield set-up to Xabi. Xabi plays from deep and gives long passes to the forwards whilst staying behind the play, and so he needs a defensive runner breaking up play ahead of him to be most effective. Modric plays slightly higher up the pitch, links with the players ahead of him with shorter passes (and therefore gets further still up the pitch than Xabi) and therefore needs a holding player behind him to be most effective. I like the signing very much, but he won't be optimally effective in the current set-up.

Not seen enough of Vidal to comment. Have seen enough of Bale to say he'd be good here if Ronaldo left. He's quick, direct and has tremendous end product, whether from his crossing or finishing. I can't think of a better crosser in the world right now.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale is doing better than Hazard, and he's a better refined player, which means he'd be of good use at day 1.

I don't see the big difference between Mata and Hazard to be honest, and Mata seems like he's the better player. Even Silva looked more brilliant at their age. I don't see the hype, obviously he knows how to play football, but 40 million Euro? How is that in any relation to what he's doing on the pitch?

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Vidal is a good hardworking midfielder. He isn't the type to sit back though and is more of a box to box type with more flair and eye for goal. I will admit he can make the mistake here and there but he can be pretty dynamic. Another one of my likes that is a 4x4s dislike. :D

Regarding Bale, great crossing is meaningless when we play with one striker; one of which is Benzema. If Cristiano were to leave (he won't), we'd need to replace his goals not his crossing ability.

Bale has been in the EPL for over a decade. This is Hazard's first 6 months. It is only natural for Bale to be doing better and you can't really use that as a barometer for who could adapt or be usable quicker because you don't know this about Bale.

There is three years, that is the big difference.. especially for a player you don't see much of a playing difference between. Also, if you're going to harp about his price there is no way you could sit here and think Bale is sensible considering his is almost double.

60 million pounds? In what universe or alternate reality?

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still like our defense a lot, especially if Carvajal comes back. The midfield though? Needs work.

Akramzizou repped this.
  15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale's first couple of years with Tottenham were pretty disastrous too lol, his "rebirth" was sudden and surprising.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oscar was better in his first few months compared to Hazard's and the guy wasn't even playing in Europe. Mata was an instant hit as well.

One of them is 24 while the other one is 21, let's not act as if one is an ancient artifact while the other is totally new and modern.

I'm not talking about rumours, i am talking about what his market worth is currently based on his last transfer. We're also comparing Kaka based on what we paid for him, not on what we would get for him, why should it be the other way around for others?

He always looked like he had the potential though, he's a great athlete. I struggle to see what Hazard's promise is. Looks like a young Joe Cole to me to be honest.

17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Just watching Match Of The Day 2. Hazard was responsible for Everton's first goal.

18. 604realmadrid

604realmadrid Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Still can't believe Hazard cost 40 million euro while a player like Reus cost only 20...Mind boggling what hype can do to inflate transfer fees.

Dhajj and Obsidian repped this.
  19. verbatim100

verbatim100 Member

Apr 25, 2012
    B.A.
    Bale is overhyped and overrated. If you believe the likes of Modric and Bale do brilliantly in Spain, that may mean that your expectation of quality of football in La Liga is pretty low. RM should not turn into a team that plays an EPL type of football, the view shared by many Spaniards. It is sad that Anglo centric views of football encroach into Spain. Bale will not succeed in La Liga at his current levels, he needs to improve his tech and skills. The likes of Silva and Hazard can suit La Liga much better than Bale.

20. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Ronaldo is similar. There were far more flashy players than Ronaldo, who focused on perfecting Rabonas and outside of the boot passes (Quaresma comes to mind). Ronaldo worked on perfecting his shooting, and became a phenomenal player, far better than his "more technically gifted" contemporaries.

Bale doesn't have amazing dribbling skills but he is direct, athletic, has a great shot, and delivers quality into the box. We are for better or worse a primarily counter-attacking side, and Bale suits that approach far more than Hazard or Silva. He is slightly over-rated, but that doesn't make him a bad player.

And I like Hazard too, I think he's gonna be a great pick-up for Chelsea when he reaches his peak.

21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Many here arent in love with Ronaldo's very direct style of play and if it wasnt for his goals and influence plenty would want him out. IF Ronaldo does leave, and I am 99.99% sure that will never happen, the last thing I would want is for us to go out and sign a player who can really only run and cross with the occasional great finish. I would prefer Neymar but again, both arent even close to Ronaldo talent, influence, and even marketing wise. Bale would make an excellent fullback for Barcelona, but with teams playing so deep against us, how good will Bale be for us anyways?

Chinky24 repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The french promote their talents a lot better, because they are in the market of selling them for a profit.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Oscar has been just as good and you really have under-appreciated Hazard's start which was a phenomenal 3 to 4 weeks.

Let's also not act like one didn't just join a league 6 months ago while the other two have been there for a while (first one six years).

Rumors? If anything this past summer taught us is that Tottenham will get close enough to the rumored amount.

Bale has a deep contract and you are fooling yourself if you think Levy isn't shooting for around 60 million pounds. If you think he is even worth half that amount then, I don't know what more to say. The point is that you can't have it both ways, ripping Hazard for being sold for 40 million while saying Bale is a great alternative when his going rate is almost going to be twice his amount.

24. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Yeah but Bale opens up the lucrative Welsh market as well.

Umar repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Modric was just as important to Spurs imo so I don't get why he his price tag is so much higher. I wouldn't want Bale for anything more than 30 MP(which is unlikely). Like YS said, if you are spending 50 ME+, it should be for a regular starter. Is he a 50-60 ME worth upgrade on Di Maria? I'd say last year's Di Maria was better than Bale actually. Better spend that kind of money on Falcao.