All Falcao, All The Time! - The Transfers and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Alma Merengue, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't see how we'll improve then. The striker in the formation that we play, with Ronaldo taking 800 shots per game is pretty much good for about 25 goals. Both Higuain and Benzema can provide that.

Rooney was pretty much doing the same for Ronaldo at Manchester United. You're there to score the goals he happens to not score. It's not criticism in the way that Ronaldo is bad, but the improvement will be marginal if we hire somebody who was the focal point of his team's attack (Cavani, for example), and turn him into a mule for scrappy goals with Ronaldo shooting from everywhere on the pitch.

MISH and natenate101 repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's the only reason we're still having a Copa return leg worth playing.

3. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I agree, but that was one of his worst games of the year.

4. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree here, hence the reason why I personally see no point in signing another striker, at all. And if we are to sign one by Perez's or Mou's orders, then surely it would have to be one which would be more welcoming to two inverted wingers on his flanks than a 'true number 9' or a target man would be.

On large proportions of the last two or so years, Benzema has looked much more comfortable than Higuain has done in our set up. So if we are to make a move for a striker, the likes of Aguero and Suarez would therefore be better suited, however there really is no point going ahead with this because neither are better than Benzema.

There are other areas to our game which need to be tweaked, and Mourinho needs to wake up and take this action. Like Benitez has done with Luiz.

5. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Would still go for Laudrup.

7. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ahh no ot benitez and NO to AVB....

8. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Get Lowe.

halamadrid00 repped this.
  9. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why is Toni Grande so unlikely...

10. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Toni Grande is, publicly at least, united with VDB in his beef with Uncle Flo. After some of his strong comments I'd be shocked if the Uncle was even considering him or if he was taking the position would involve Grande eating a lot of crow.

Personally in keeping with my conspiracy theory that our next coach will only be keeping the seat warm for a certain Frenchie I wouldn't mind Benitez one bit. Let's not underestimate the pettiness of grown men, he'll be hyped to one-up what Mourinho's done here and of all the candidates he would be the one most likely to address and fix our midfield issues IMO.

Laudrup is the sexy choice, literally and figuaratively, and I think he would be ready as well. It would be interesting how he would use Oezil, I remember reading an interview when he was at Mallorca where he alluded to building our team around him (or something to that effect) if he was in charge. I wish I could find that it was pretty insightful stuff from the Dane.

I wouldn't mind Toril or Karanka either tbh, they both are deserving of opportunities if not here than definitely somewhere else.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  11. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    We can't buy more strikers unless someone leaves. Ronaldo is essentially a 2nd striker, so you can't play 2 strikers plus him. Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Morata/Callejon

I think our bigger issue is that our midfield seems total crap this year. Di Maria is on sabbatical, and we don't have alternate option to him. Ozil/Kaka/Modric all like the more central position. We don't have players who can play wide or at least fill those gaps as a fake winger.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There are rumours that Zidane suggested Lippi as a replacement. I personally disagree and think that it would go all sorts of wrong.

13. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If getting Benitez means he will get rid of Alonso to the bench then i'm down for that.

604realmadrid repped this.
  14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Rumors are so much fun during the winter break.

Rumor 1: Casillas and Louro have not spoken to each other for 2 months!! (of course the videos of them at training suggested otherwise - LOL).

Rumor 2: When De Gea dumped his agent to join Club Mendes, he did so because he was promised that he would join Real Madrid (Casillas is benched, cue De Gea rumors!).

Rumor 3: Mourinho is following the same 'exit strategy' he used at Chelsea, where he famously said: "If I am fired I will be a millionaire and I will be working for a new club 2 months later."

Good stuff!!

At least Roncero is back to his 'we will turn this around in 2013' self.

15. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think I'm going to start a poll this is going to be awesome.

16. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    If we get Cavani and don't sell Benz or Higuain I could see the two striker combination as just another tactical option for us, probably not the main set up though. Ozil on the right for when Di Maria is playing shit, Benz playing second striker and one of the others up top.
    Says who? Manchester United play with three strikers very frequently, and it works out pretty well for them.
    Anyone on board with him being on our radar this summer? Obviously not as a center back (though he could deputize there during some type of injury crisis), but I think he could be a fantastic addition to our midfield. Play him as the lone defensive midfielder, you're basically playing him as a 3rd center back that busts up attacks before they get to the defense. I think we could run a midfield of Luiz behind Modric and Ozil and we'd be much better off than when Pepe, Ramos, and Xabi all start firing 40 yard passes from the back.

17. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm on board for Luiz.

Does anyone else want Fellaini too?

ambro repped this.
  18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Remember boys and girls, today is Spain's version of April Fools' Day. Add an extra grain of salt to what you read. ;)

natenate101 repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Holtby's (Schalke) contract is running out this summer and he decided to not extend. Florentino, him and Llorente are for free, and good!

Sign them up (please :) ) .

20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Several sources are reporting that Chelsea and Sevilla are engaged in discussions that could see Negredo head to the London club.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He could do well there, but i have to say that after all the stuff about Cavani or Falcao, Chelsea fans must feel strange when it's Negredo.

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the heads up. Might've seen some meltdowns in here if that wasn't pointed it.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Negredo could do well in England, smart move by Chelsea if true. Personal request from Rafa probably.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He brings that extra Europa League experience they need.

MISH, anticule and nicafornica repped this.
  25. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Holtby would acutally be good here only if he got consistent playing time. His style of play definitely suits La Liga. I hope he doesn't go to England, if he does it'll be the end of his NT career