All Falcao, All The Time! - The Transfers and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Alma Merengue, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 604realmadrid

604realmadrid Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Reus definitely plays wing. Best german winger available. Im starting to think some users here only watch epl and madrid play.

2. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    i only watch el clasicos

nicafornica repped this.
  3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I don't even watch those, I just read the summaries of the games on goal.com. I'm a very busy person.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's scored more goals than provided assists at Gladbach. He plays on the flank but is a player to finish the move, not a player for a 4-4-2.

5. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    So like Walcott then?

And yes,I'm the type that only watches Madrid and EPL teams nowadays. For real.

6. 604realmadrid

604realmadrid Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is definitely a winger with a scoring touch but lets not make it out like he can't make an assist to save his life. I'd say he is a much better playmaker then both Ronaldo and Di Maria. Both for different reasons.

Ronaldo obviously has the tools to provide the assists from the left side but he's too selfish and goal hungry to do that. As for Di Maria, he has no right foot so it's always obvious to defenders where he's going. Reus is less selfish then Ronaldo, is two footed, great pace, great football brain, and the biggest upside is he'll gel with Ozil immediately.

He's played 31 games in 2012/2013 for club and country, 15 goals / 9 assists playing as a striker or a winger. He can be an inverted winger or the classic one. He seems to be on a fast track to being the best German player so I hope we get him while he's relatively "cheap".

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Di Maria and his left foot would be more than enough if he would have some brain.

Bah just ship Kaka to MLS, buy some replacement and that`s it. Also Mou can ******** off. As for summer it all depends on Cristiano, i say let him go for proper money if he wants to go. With this transfer we can buy another winger, striker ( if Benzema and Higuain cant cut it ) and bring back Carjaval.

Also Jese should be getting some proper time to play in first team. Just sayin...

Do it Perez.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Özil is far superior. Not saying that Reus is bad, but Özil is one of the most talented German players of the past decade or so. I laugh when people start comparing Özil to Ballack.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, pretty much. Good player, but not for the flanks on a 4-4-2.

Di Maria's talent is sold short, also, he covers tons of ground so he's quite good for a system where the fullback provides meaningful attacking threat.

10. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For a 4-4-2 system, I would say that you don't need to look any further than Valencia from United, he is very comfortable on the right side of midfield, and we would be more than open to converting the midfield into a diamond formation with Mesut stepping further into attack, with Di Maria (left) and Valencia (right) having the energy and pace to charge on the flanks as well as helping out at the back.

Not the sort of position that Reus would be best utilised in (the right side of a 4-4-2 is hardly the same as the right side of a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3), as for Walcott, I would rather have another Arsenal player there; Oxlade-Chamberlain.

11. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    4-4-2 is played out....and we can't buy Valencia, especially not if Ronaldo leaves, because we all laughed when Man Utd signed him as their replacement for the Portuguese :D

Umar and Zidane05 repped this.
  12. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I can't believe people are taking this 4-4-2 formation seriously.

How about no?

anticule, YOUNGSTARS87 and Umar repped this.
  13. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    "Formations" are played out. The modern game works off of a more elastic approach. It is the discipline that accompanies this approach that is key.

14. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Uh-oh, we opened the door to the tactical flexibility discussion with Alma Merengue :D

4-4-2 is whack juice though....

15. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    LOL.

Obviously the coach has a "formation" in mind, but back in the day that meant a much more rigid approach to the game.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Buying another striker is pointless if we're going to play with just one striker. We'll have one unhappy player at best, or two at worst if we have three strikers. If we pay over 50 million Euro for Cavani, he's starting the first half of the season by default, especially since the press will fall over each other presenting him as

"The best number 9 in the world."
    [​IMG]

Considering the strikers that we have, the best way to utilize them is to play with two strikers. If we don't, the guy who is on the bench is fit for transfer talks the next summer. Playing with Benzema as the number 9 in our formation is starting to annoy the **** out of me every week.

Raul - Van Nistelrooy was the best thing ever.

MISH repped this.
  17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Cant play two strikers if we only have two and Morata. One gets injured/out of form and we're ********ed. Also can't play two as well as a creative midielder, if we're also using Ronaldo.I'd rather see Ozil behind a striker.

Ruud was phenomenal. I miss him regularly.

9Qui, nicafornica and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  18. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I don't get it. Why do we need a different striker again? Last time I checked the problem was our midfield and wingers, not our strikers.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You figure our problem is Özil, Ronaldo? I'm all ears.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    +100%

21. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo can also play as a striker. But then what do we do with DiMaria and Callejon and that's all our wingers?

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The idea is that Ronaldo wants to go and we get a ridiculous offer for him. Otherwise we're pretty much tied to the system that suits him best, in which case, in my opinion, another striker makes no sense unless we sell one and the other is more or less comfortable with being substitute. I don't think we're buying a striker for over 50 million Euro unless we sell Ronaldo in the first place to be honest.

23. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Yes, because Ozil is our whole midfield. :inlove:

I was talking about Xabi, Khedira, Essien all being in very poor form (not to mention Di Maria). And yes Ronaldo who is the face of this team and is playing crap the last 10 games. If our best player plays like he does, no wonder we're behind 16 point. Don't get me wrong, he's not the sole reason why we're looking so out of it, but last year he was the one who was pulling the cart and this year he just looks like he's given up.

24. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's quite obvious that with the players which we have there is little to no chance of us moving to a 4-1-2-1-2 / 4-4-2 formation, and I personally wouldn't want this anyway...just offering some thought on the topic.

However there is no doubt that it can be painful to watch a team with two inverted wingers trying to get through a defence when you have someone like Gonzalo Higuain in the centre.

25. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or unless Benz or Pipita (more likely of the two, unfortunately) gets shipped off...