Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish walk into a bar - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Graham Hunter is a mother ********er of a cocks whore! Basically came on SSN news to report the spanish view on it (how spanish media isn't interested in this whole blatter thing) and he made it out that Real Madrid fans are racists with the monkey chanting in the classicos in particular and put a partial blame on Barcelona as well.

What a ********er!

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wish my name was Tokyo Sexwhale. :eek:

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You don't use twitter to communicate about such issues. The english football players that did have shown on what level they are as individuals.

You want to do something? Talk with your teammates, do something proper, wear a shirt going into the field with the cooperation of your club (something catchy, like "no handshake to racism" or whatever).

I think the players that reacted have a point, but twitter is the same medium Rooney uses to complain about X Factor votes and collect tips about what to watch on the television. it drags the whole issue down to a level where it's a 15 letter rant and that's it.

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ I disagree, twitter/social media >>>>>> t-shirts at this point. Where has t-shirts and anit-racism campaigns gotten FIFA? Public embarassment and call for resignation seem appropriate to me on this one.

twitter and the like have given players a chance to speak their minds. Of course this can be counter productive in some cases, but it also can give them a forum to actually be honest. While that can lead to fines or anger from club management, it also can lead to action. Seems as if no one else in the organization has the nuts to change things up high anyway.

6. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I don't have a problem with the players using Twitter but I do take issue with Blatter responding, that's just stupid. It's a good thing racism isn't a big problem in European football and it's mostly isolated incidents because this could be ugly if it weren't :D

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Imagine somebody calling him from the other side of the room saying, "Mr. Sexwhale"........ and him saying, "Yes i am". :D

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Social media are mostly used by idiots, and yes, i use some of them too.
    Sorry, but if you figure that 100 replies of "yah m8, tell dem ol farts wuts gud!" are contributing anything, i'll just simply disagree.

This is a matter of the football community, i don't see why people that don't really have a connection with football, and or attend the games should be involved in this, plus the talk is about what players say to each other.

9. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even UK Prime minister David Cameron has responded on this:
    http://www.number10.gov.uk/news/pm-statement-on-racism-in-football/

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Cameron wants to show he's got his finger on the pulse of British culture. Trouble is, he's actually got both hands around it's jugular.

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Top news in Holland is not the crisis, but van Gaal being named general manager of Ajax and the ensuing backlash of the Cruyff camp. This was done by 4 members of the new commitee one day after the 5th member went back to his mansion in Barcelona thinking of bad things to write about Madrid in his column.

Ajax's internal struggle since Cruyff managed to get the people in charge out of the club a couple of months ago, and himself into a position where he actually has some power despite practically never being in Amsterdam, is a gift that keeps on giving. The other members appointing van Gaal behind his back is the biggest "******** you" to Cruyff imaginable, these two guys hate each other with a passion and aren't shy about it.

There's not enough popcorn dammit, not enough popcorn!!

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I read about that today, the media in Germany are having a good laugh about it, considering that Van Gaal amused the media quite a bit. :D

14. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think i agree with the handshake/racism guy. It seems that you guys are attempting to out do each other by showing who is just more politically correct and !!OUTRAGED!! by racism. Give it a rest. Of all the problems in the world, racism in football games ranks about 5,000,000th in the world. And for the dummy that somehow used it in the same sentence with the truly evil Penn State issue...i just don't know what to say. You don't compare a paper cut with the USA dropping 2 nuclear warheads on a few million in the far Pacific.

15. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would pay money to be in the same room the first time these 2 have a meeting about the club with each other. :D

I never thought van Gaal was a man with humor, but he has proven me wrong by accepting this job knowing full well what it would mean. Some Ajax staff's first reactions to the news was that it had to be a joke. Indeed it is, but only the funniest one ever. Good show Louis, good show.

16. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    oi oi mr justice man. Can i call you whatever makes you feel less human then shake your hand after. Sometimes it might not be the word but how you say it or how you mean it, you might shake hands but you still remember. And what does paper cut nuclear bombs have got to do with this? You said to give it a rest but it looks like you just want to stir the pot.

Thank you and a have a good day Mr. Give it a rest.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I disagree with Blatter about the handshake thing, but it's basically only the English media and players being so mad about this, which is understandable, considering that they started this whole thing by what's going on between them, so i fail to see how this became some sort of "issue of the sport in general".

I prefer the Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Kanoute option. If somebody says something to you, wait till the end of the match, give him a solid knock in the ankle and call him a fanny as he's fake waving from a fake injury.

Obviously, that didn't teach Fabregas much of a lesson, and neither did it do anythign for Busquets, but it is more of a statement than anything else posted on twitter.

Also, as much of a whiny girls blouse Eto'o was, doing something right there is always better than going to the microphone about it.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If used to its potential, especially as we've seen this past year, social media can have a huge impact in relation to a myriad of issues. Pretty wierd that you think every one of the Twitter followers are so crude and simple. Kinda short-sighted. I'm not sure how racism anywhere is not a big deal. As for the response of Ramos. Marcelo,etc...I would've probably done the same thing, but a lotta good that's done. Like you said nothing happened to any of these pieces of shit and the incidents are all but forgotten.....and we lost those matches. Mission Accomplished?

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And I would think the way Ramos, Marcelo, and Kanoute reacted would actually be counter productive considering it achieved the purpose behind these racist remarks, which is to get under the skin of the player and have him sent off and put his team in a disadvantage. Yeah, that feels good for 5 or 10 seconds, but really goes nowhere in solving the root issue.

Well put by Nate on the role of social media. Look no further than to the role it has played in the uprising of the people vs. oppressive states.

20. Gbonyx23

Gbonyx23 Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry, im from puerto rico, what exactly is racism?

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's what would happen if you went to Mississippi...

22. Gbonyx23

Gbonyx23 Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and what is that???

23. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    okay see what he did. He said to give it a rest but he just create more of a chaos by just giving it a rest. This is other teams thread not a racism thread. so sticking to the thread which other team is it going to be Lyon or Ajax for 2nd place?

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The best part about racism or any kind of social derogation is when people whom have either never experienced or had to live with it for much if not all their lives telling those who have, how to deal with it.

It's no wonder they applauded busquets for his hardwork and bravery.

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s2GXSf_2MI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s2GXSf_2MI[/ame]

Thats how you deal with dem midgets.