Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish walk into a bar - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see nothing but decline for Tevez from here on out. There's a thin line where talent supercedes personal flaws but I think he's going way beyond that line now. I don't think teams like Inter who could use his service are willing to gamble on him and I think Man City will make life difficult for him. I don't think he's going to find very much sympathy. It was a hassle for ManU to get him transfered from West Ham and West Ham had their own issues with him, then after finding success at ManU he leaves for $$$ to the crosstown "rival." He's rewarded at Man City with a handsome contract and decides there's more to life than money. So if winning teams and big money contracts don't inspire him I don't know what a club could offer that would make him happy.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    West Ham did hide important documents concerning the transfer, and this is why they got a hefty fine. I don't see how it is Tevez's fault that West Ham didn't provide crucial documents to the FA. Manchester United got Tevez on loan, and contrary to popular belief, Tevez didn't "leave for the money", Manchester united had a buyout option for 30 million euro, that they chose to pass on.

What people fail to understand is that European clubs have no emotional value at all to Tevez, and other South American football players. They have for some of them (Higuain, Kaka, etc.) but for many others, they are fans of the clubs they grew up watching.

3. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "We are doing everything possible for Guardiola to continue," he told Al Jazeera.

"He can choose to sign for a year, two, three of four. Or even if he wants, he can sign for one year with an option for another one, or an option for two more.

Goal.com

[​IMG]

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was surprised by the amount of racist chants i heard in the Bosnia vs Portugal and Macedonia vs Albania game.

Bosnian fans were chanting "Cigani, Cigani..." quite often, which means Gipsy and is used often to offend someone.

In the Macedonia vs Albania game, the Macedonian fans were chanting "A good Albanian is a dead Albanian" and "Gas chambers for Albanians", among others. It came as no surprise to find out that those fans called themselves Monkeys.

I wonder if FIFA will do anything about it :rolleyes:.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neither team gets qualified for anything really, and you won't go far with fines for either federation.

Only thing you could do is give them stadium bans, but that's all too much hassle for the football authorities.

6. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hilarious :D

http://newsthump.com/2011/11/15/terry-cleared-to-play-all-white-sweden/

7. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't know if any of you caught the Portugal-Bosnia game, but the ref was Stark. Well during the game there was a foul by a Bosnian player on Pepe that was exactly the same as Pepe's on Dani Alves...except the guy hit Pepe's leg.

Mr. Stark was very close to the foul, called it and didn't even give the Bosnian a yellow...

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That isn't a foul or a red card unless he's wearing a barca shirt, screaming and rolling around like he is dying.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    El Mundo Depotivo capture: Handball by Pepe, clear yellow card for the Portuguese and Real Madrid defender, not given by the German official.

11. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Since I can't rep you or YS I am asking others here to do so. :(

12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Welcome to the Balkans :p

13. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    There you go. ;)

14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There you go what? 'Welcome to the Balkan' doesn't make sense.

15. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    There is only one Balkan. It's like saying ''I'm going to Germany to watch the Berlin walls''.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is called "The Balkans", or "the balkan peninsula"(though i've never heard it being said like that.

17. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Wow. Now this is something new. Guess you learn something new everyday.
    I've never seen a world that is in the single form be translated into the multiple form.

18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There you go ;)

:D

19. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Sepp Blatter apparently said on CNN that "there is no racism in football" and that players subjected to racism should understand that "it's just a game and resolve it with a handshake". He has since gone back on those remarks, pointing to his "Say no to racism" campaign.

21. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    The man is a moron.

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That is an understatement. Fifa needs to clean house. The organization has long become larger than the game itself, and is rotting with corruption. When the figureheads of an organization become larger than it's cause, moral ground seizes to exist. Blatter says and does what ever he wishes with no fear of repercussions, and that has been proven time and time again. Look at Penn State as another example of this... the lack of morality and conscience these people posses is beyond uncomprehending.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has the Barca DNA.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's 75 and still running FIFA. There's a bigger chance that he will die sooner than be replaced.

25. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    SSN Reports that Tevez still hasn't return from Argentina and City have had their first practice.

It does look like this is gonna get worse.