Alex Del Piero - A Legend among Juve Legends

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Apr 30, 2012.

1. william6 and 3 quaters

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    damn you saw it before i corrected it haha

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but Cagliari's excuse is because they never win and don't have a safe stadium to play in. Juventus had the same problem at Delle Alpi and they were winners. I'm sure if Cagliari gets a brand new shiny stadium, people will flock to the island. There is only so much you can do in a hat box though....

3. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    A-League attendances are generally poor for several reasons, but the main one is the same reason why MLS crowds aren't huge: Soccer isn't the only game in town, and there are other sports that are more popular. The reason why Sydney went and got Del Piero is because they are hoping that he can be their Beckham. They're hoping that his arrival can draw huge crowds and generate buzz, so that Sydney FC, and essentially the whole A-League, can try and stay afloat because the A-League is in disastrous financial shape. There's also a TON of apathy for the A-League, just like here in America. Nobody wants to pay money to watch the A-League when you can watch better quality leagues on TV.

While what you say about getting new stadiums in Italy is completely true, the fact that it isn't happening is giving people the opportunity to stay away for good. Every match is on TV. You don't need to leave your couch to see any match, and you can still share the experience with your friends and family. Also, it's not just the dilapidated stadiums that are turning people away. The atmosphere in most stadiums isn't as good anymore. Ticket prices seem to rise every year. Every year, there's a new match-fixing scandal. I'm sure that a lot of people are kinda fed up. I think even if Cagliari got a brand new 30,000-seater, the place wouldn't sell out unless they climbed the table, and that's not a given.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think MLS since the advent of their soccer specific stadia, attendance has grown quite a bit. Seeing 67,000 people in Seattle vs. Portland game last night was simply incredible. I'm not sure where the Sounders rank in world's attendance but I think its pretty high but they were basically only a 2nd division club for 15-16 years (drawing maybe 2,000 a game) until they gained MLS division 1 status a few years ago.I think the A-League should start modeling what MLS is doing because IMHO, they are doing everything right from their own stadiums to the salary cap....

Speaking of MLS stadium's, ground breaking and/or construction on my teams stadium in San Jose begins next week! It will be the first outdoor stadium built since 1932 and its going to be awesome!

Back to the thread, I hope fans flock to see ADP in his home debut!

5. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. william6 and 3 quaters

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    h
    he was paying $ 4.25 to score

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sick goal!

i miss him :( by the way its funny he scored on a team with JUVE colors LOL

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another angle:

This is what we needed for the CL.

10. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Happy Birthday

11. cattivo20

cattivo20 Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Does anyone think that ADP regrets going to Australia and playing for Sydney FC as they are now 2nd from the bottom in their league? I am sure ADP is not a fan to losing as bad as they are.

12. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

world class.

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    havent seen him run like that in a long time.

14. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Wow.

The commentator really appreciated the subtlety of what ADP did there, which was nice to see. It wasn't obvious to me until the last close up replay how ultraboss those touches were in the box.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bring him back for the CL.

Daei_10 repped this.
  17. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think he's more upset about the fucking heat.

19. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    scored 4 goals against Wellington Phoenix + 1 assist

phat and juventino13 repped this.
  20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    do they even know what a defense is over there?

21. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Even in English, his total class and elegance comes through.
    Gotta love ADP.

OldLady and phat repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice.

23. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

24 Ore Le Mans

Here is the press release of a new project with Alessandro Del Piero at the center of it.
    Patrick Dempsey and Alessandro Del Piero Announce Formation of New Motorsports Team and Plans to Compete in the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans and American Le Mans Series.Patrick Dempsey and Dempsey Racing join forces with international soccer star Alessandro Del Piero to form Dempsey/Del Piero Racing; ALMS efforts and a return to Le Mans in 2013 plans.
    LOS ANGELES, CA (January 21, 2013) – American actor Patrick Dempsey, of the hit TV series Grey’s Anatomy, Dempsey Racing, and Italian soccer star Alessandro Del Piero announced today the formation of a new motorsports team - Dempsey/Del Piero Racing. This past Wednesday, the newly formed team submitted an entry to the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) to compete in the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans and will also field a minimum two-car effort in the 2013 American Le Mans Series.
    As a current star player for Sydney FC, former franchise player and captain for Juventus Football Club S.p.A., and 2006 World Cup Champion, Del Piero is widely recognized as one of the most popular international personalities of the sport and brings a captain’s championship winning passion to Dempsey/Del Piero Racing. His dedication to winning and proven capability to motivate a team will prove central to the team’s success.
    “We are excited to join forces with Alessandro and compete at the highest levels of racing,” said Dempsey. “Alessandro’s passion for winning and leadership skills will be invaluable and he will play an important role in the development and direction of the team,” Dempsey added.
    “I have had a passion for motorsport since I was a young boy growing up in Italy” said Del Piero. “I am thrilled at the opportunity to team with Patrick. We expect to compete at a very high level and our central focus will be on winning world championships,” he added.
    The new team, based in the United States, submitted an entry to the 24 Hours of Le Mans on Wednesday with drivers Dempsey, Joe Foster and Michael Avenatti. Avenatti and Foster are also principals with the new team. Filippo Marchino will serve as a consultant to the team.
    “We are thrilled to have submitted an entry to the 24 Hours of Le Mans and anxiously await news from the ACO Selection Committee,” said Foster. “We would be honored to have the privilege to race at Le Mans. 2013 promises to be a very promising year for the team and our partners,” added Foster.
    The team expects to announce further details concerning its plans for Le Mans and ALMS, as well as unveil the car livery, sponsorship, and driving line-up, in the coming weeks.
    alessandrodelpiero.com
    COPYRIGHT © www.alessandrodelpiero.com 2013
    The website content may be reproduced by newspapers, internet websites and agencies only under the obligation to acknowledge the source 'alessandrodelpiero.com' and it is expressly prohibited to relinquish the usage rights to any third parties.

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D

And do the Aussies even know who Alex del Piero is, when looking at all those empty seets? :geek: ;)

Anyway, thanks for posting the clip. :thumbsup: It's always great to see Pinturicchio in action.