Alemania vs CHILE, 5 de marzo en Stuttgart (Amistoso) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    He deserve...

2. Ludovico

Ludovico Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Paris, France
    Club:
    Audax Italiano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great news on Orellana! By the way, on the subject of who will cover the flanks, do you guys think Tello deserves a call-up? The man has been experiencing a rebirth as of late with his new team in Turkey; while in the Netherlands, the much requested Magnasco has been relegated to the bench once more.

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Perdón: en este caso el periodista se refería a Osvaldo.

4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Tello and Magnasco don't have chances for this match. The 1rst one is a bit "old", the 2nd one is not good enough imo.

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  6. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  7. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    La nómina
    Portero:

Claudio Bravo - Real Sociedad (España)

Defensas:
    Gary Medel – Cardiff City FC (Gales)
    Marcos González – Flamengo (Brasil)
    Gonzalo Jara - Nottingham Forest (Inglaterra)

Volantes:
    Eugenio Mena – Santos (Brasil)
    Mauricio Isla – Juventus (Italia)
    Carlos Carmona - Atalanta (Italia)
    Marcelo Díaz – Basel FC (Suiza)
    Francisco Silva - Osasuna (España)
    Jorge Valdivia - Palmeiras (Brasil)
    Charles Aránguiz - Internacional (Brasil)
    Arturo Vidal – Juventus (Italia)
    Felipe Gutiérrez - Twente FC (Holanda)
    Matías Fernández - Fiorentina (Italia)

Delanteros:
    Eduardo Vargas - Valencia (España)
    Alexis Sánchez - FC Barcelona (España)
    Fabián Orellana - Celta (España)
    Mauricio Pinilla - Cagliari (Italia)
    Jean Beausejour - Wigan Athletic (Inglaterra)

8. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think Sampaoli had to nominate Miiko and David. Miiko has played a very good game against Costa Rica and deserves to receive more chances. Even if Sampaoli has no plans to use him against Germany, he could have called him, just to be part of the camp, to feel the real spirit of a big friendly. Thats a real shame actually, because I cant imagine it, that Sampaoli has expected something more from the youngster in his debut. If thats not the case, why the hell he has nominated him for the last friendly? Here Im a little bit dissapointed, because I finally thought with Miiko we have a good alternative for the left side, because Bosa is just a tragedy in the last months and actually he plays in.. the second english division. Chile has big ambitions for this WC and its not very serious using players playing in a second division.

The same can be said bout David. I cant really get it. So much and long discussions with him to change his mind and come back to the NT and at the end he is even not considered for a friendly in Europe. I dont think he has a place in the 15-6 regular players of this chilean team, but he has to be part of the squad - his skills and experience are priceless.

Medel?!? I have watched the last 2 games of Orellana and was almost sure, that he will be nominated. He deserves a chance, even if I doubt he will play more than 5-10 minutes. Pinilla.. I dont know, I really dont know:)

Sampaoli has to find some solutions, because there are only 111 days left. From the probable starting line up for the WC we have many players, who are not playing in their teams- Marcos Gonzalez, Isla, Diaz. If we add Bosa and Jara, who are playing in a second division and on strange posissions (Jara is playing as a right winger in Forrest and Bosa as a left back in Wigan) then we have a real problem!

P.S. One of my dreams will finally get true :D I will be on the stadium in 2 weeks and finally will be able to see La Roja live!! :) :happy:

9. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I agree that its weird the absence of Pizarro and Albornoz. Wonder whats up.

10. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Orellana y Gutiérrez bien llamados.
    Pinilla y Beausejour tengo mis serias dudas.
    Silva para mí no tiene nivel de Mundial.
    Me sorprendió que no llamara a Albornoz.

Me imagino que nominará también a Herrera y a Rojas.
    No creo que nomine a Hernández.

11. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Herrera and Rojas will be 100% nominated. Andia and Osvaldo Gonzalez maybe too.
    Hernandez is a good, actually very good player, has made an amazing game against Lanus last week. I think he will be nominated now, but neither will play, nor has any chances to be in the final squad for the Mundial.

12. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    It appears as though the wing-backs of choice in Sampaoli's preferred eleven are Mena (left) and Isla (right). What is left to work out is Mena's alternative and also Isla's.

It could be that Sampaoli was not to pleased with Albornoz as an option for Isla from what he saw in the Costa Rica game from a functional perspective; it did not help that the rival on the night was so limited. I have to admit that the situation seems a little odd to me because if you want a player to be Mauricio Isla's alternative in the world cup, you would want to test out that alternative (in this case, Albornoz) against quality opposition to be certain that whatever decision is made is the correct one. So, if someone were to argue that he didn't call up Albornoz for this match because he probably thinks that the opponent will be 'too much' for him, I wouldn't believe it.

Also, I'm not sure that I agree on Beausejour. As I've said in these parts more than once, the guy's best position is as left wing-back. Where he also gets the job done competently is in left full-back. These are his two best roles. I have seen him used as a wide left midfielder where he is all right, but his best two positions are the ones mentioned above.

The truth is that Beau has nothing to do as a left winger or left forward on the far left in a line of three because he has very, very little to offer. He is wasted there.

I would take him only as an alternative to Mena. If, for some reason, Sampaoli chooses another player as Mena's alternative in left wing-back, then Beausejour has nothing to do in the final squad list of 23.

I can't stomach the idea of taking this guy as a forward because it just seems like such an illogical decision.

That's just my view.

Anyway, enjoy the match. This will be an excellent test.

13. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Albornoz played as left back against Costa Rica;) so Sampaoli wasn't thinking in Albornoz as Isla's alternative, but he tested him as Mena's alternative.
    Fierro played as "Isla" in that match.

freeestyler repped this.
  14. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Miiko is a left back! He has nothing to do with Isla :) Sampaoli thinks he has already an alternative for Isla. His alternative is Jara, but for me its a joke..

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Muy probable que para cuando venga el receso pre-mundialero y esos 2 últimos amistosos de fines de Mayo y principios de Junio, para ese entonces si considere llamar a Miiko, como a alguno de los otros jugadores que fueron llamados para el compromiso ante Costa Rica.

Creo que Sampaoli prefiere jugar contra Alemania, basicamente con quienes serían los titulares de nuestro equipo, dado que el rival es del primerísimo nivel, en lo que sería el último verdadero apretón pre-mundialero de nuestra Selección. A no ser, que tras este partido y antes del próximo de fines de Mayo, aparezca otro amistoso de último momento (ojalá así sea, contra otro oponente mundialista).

MetroChile and Yañez repped this.
  16. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    You're right; I forgot about that. Although, Albornoz is bilateral.

On that point, I would stick to a healthy Beausejour over Albornoz at this stage as Mena's alternative. 51 caps for Chile including one world cup, plus 3 seasons of championship football and 2 seasons of premier league football in England, playing mostly as a 'carrier' and in a wide midfield role on the left. Add to this some extra game time playing Europa League football.

If Sampaoli takes (1) Mena, (2) 'x' (e.g. Albornoz) and (3) Beausejour (as a forward) to Brazil in June, he will have 3 guys who can only function as wing-backs and full-backs.

This, to me, is a mistake.

17. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I'm aware of this now. But, I'm still pulling my hair out, man. Chile's best two options at left wing-back and left-full back are Mena and Beausejour, in whatever order you choose. Mena is getting some good playing time in Brazil, and Beausejour has more than enough experience from England's top two leagues playing in those positions. On top of that, Beau's defensive side as a wing-back is solid, which is more than I can say for any other Chilean wing-back. This is what 5 seasons in the English Premier League and Championship gives you.

Yet, Sampaoli still sees him as a forward. He will kill Beausejour in that role, and this is causing fans to lose faith in Beau for completely wrong reasons.

18. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Never have I been more in agreement with Rickdog :eek:

The only logical explanation is that Sampa settled on his tactical scheme and will use Mena and Isla on the sides in the back 4. No more experimenting, this is what he will use.

If thats the case, the battle comes between Beausejour and Albornoz. I have no idea what will Jara do, prob. as a last person replacement for a line of 3 in the back.

And Chewie, I wouldnt worry too much by Beausejour being used a forward. I think Sampa also settled that the only 2 forwards are Alexis and Vargas.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  19. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Where will Valdivia play? I thought he was to replace Beausejour?

20. freeestyler

freeestyler Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The problem is, that 2 of the other 3 teams in the group are world class. Chile will play in the 2nd and 3rd game against them, which means that everything is possible - an injured player, a banned player etc. Look on the list with the injured players before the last games of the team: Vidal was out against England and Brazil, Isla was out against Brazil, now Medel will be out. I cant remember when was the last time, we had all the player fit, not banned etc.

This was a golden opportunity to see how can some players act against a world class team, because neither Romania and Egypt nor Northern Ireland and Serbia are anywhere near Germany, Spain and Holland. We all know how can Isla and Mena play against the big teams. 2-3 experiments in the starting line up for such a game are not a problem. Thats the reason of the friendly-games.

21. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    With Sampaoli, he plays as "false 9".

22. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Wow, but i see him as a classic playmaker

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  23. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #48 Rickdog, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Well if the main team doesn`t play together at least once before the WC begins, it will mean that they would have played together since the game against Ecuador in October, last year. From October 2013 to June 2014, it is almost 9 months without having any games playing all together, which is awful for the team in terms of maintaining their conditions to play together at the excellent level, they were playing back then.

They do need to practice and play more often together, and since our team is not playing much friendlies, specially against top opposition (except this game against Germany), by the time the WC begins, it is improbable to have them playing at the same level as they did before (keep in mind that each one of them plays usually in diferent positions and diferent styles than the one where they play in our NT, in their respective teams).

Its no use to have an excellent reserve team, if our starters aren't up to the level required and messes it up, when it matters the most, which is in the WC. In my opinion, I prefer to have them play this game and leave the reserves for the not so important games coming afterwards, against Egypt or Northen Ireland. This is the reason why in other threads I have talked crap about the issue of not having many worthy friendlies before the WC begins. Our main team is not getting much opportunities to play together in sampaoli's style, which is not good for our team (against lesser opponents, they don`t get the required pressure to keep on playing at excellent level and what is worst, they get an exagerated confidence that when the time comes, they might play equally as well against top teams, which as our own past has shown us, ends being like "putting a foot in our own toombs", and plays against us)
    :)

freeestyler repped this.
  24. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Creo que este será el equipo que juegue contra Alemania (salvo algún lesionado de última hora que se sume a Medel). No creo que haga "experimentos" ante una selección grande.

Bravo;
    Isla, Jara, González, Mena;
    Aránguiz, Díaz, Vidal,
    Valdivia;
    Sánchez, Vargas.

D.T. Sampaoli(Arg).

Banca: Herrera; Rojas, ¿O.González?; Silva, Carmona, Fernández, Gutiérrez, Beausejour; Orellana, Pinilla.

25. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Before Messi invented the "false 9" concept, that was the role that the traditional "10" had in the past, and now it is called as "false 9". Anyhow it is the same shit and it doesn't really matter how you name it.
    :p

JAIME CHILE repped this.