Ajax: We Want More; Let's Go for Four

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Training for the new season has begun and the first pre-season match has been played. It makes sense to finish up the last thread and start a new one to give FdB and the boys something to shoot for!

Forza Ajax

Pavlin Arnaudov and TFC Ajax repped this.
  2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice thread title. I approve :thumbsup:;)

3. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    PSV has sold Lens, Mertens and Pieters and brought in Bruma, Maher and Jozefzoon. Not sure that is an improvement for them.

4. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    When does the transfer window close? Can we just close it now and keep Eriksen & Alderweireld?

5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bruma could be an improvement over Pieters, but that wouldn't take very much. They've sold their top two attackers and replaced them with a mediocre winger, and an unproven (but high potential) AM who I don't think suits the style they've been playing.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    End of August I believe. The club would expect both Eriksen and Alderwiereld to extend their contracts by a year if they were to stay. Eriksen has already said he would if he doesn't get an offer that appeals to him (and it's looking right now that he won't) but I don't know about Alderwiereld.

7. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predicted that Eriksen would stay. If it turns out that I am right about that, it would be a first. :D

8. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    This Bojan rumor is ridiculous. No way any Dutch club can afford his wages.

9. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    apparently all the traditional big three and five other (non Dutch) clubs have put in offers. If he cares about restarting his career, he'll take a pay cut. If he cares more about his short term finances, he'll sit on the bench at a team that can afford his wages like Milan. He's already tried restarting his career at other big clubs, it's time for him to take a step down and get some freaking playing time.
    Of the Dutch clubs though, I think PSV is the only one that could possibly sign him. Feyenoord has Pelle and no money, Ajax has Siggy, Fischer, Hoessen, de Jong (for now), and then there's those two 18 year olds that we just brought in. PSV on the other hand only has Locadia, unless you want to consider Matavz an option. I could see them being dumb enough to go after him

Orange14 and JC-14 repped this.
  10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Bojan is headed back to Spain and Betis, though I have no clue where the money is going to come from to pay his wages as almost all Spanish sides are figuratively bankrupt.

11. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perhaps they'll spend the 8m euros they received from A. Bilbao for Beñat.

Don't think a Dutch club can afford him though. Ajax couldn't pay more than 30% of Cuenca's salary and they are probably the wealthiest club in the Dutch league if I'm not mistaken.

LOL.

12. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lol where does that article say that we couldn't afford to pay it? It's a simple matter of it not being worth it for us to pay his full salary, and Barca needed him him to get playing time. They got 30% of the wages of a player they weren't going to play off their books. Ajax would have been stupid to pay his full salary if they didn't have to.

But I guess one can't expect a Real Madrid fan to understand being financially prudent.

And even if Ajax are the wealthiest Dutch team, you don't have to follow closely to see that PSV pulls money out of their ass to sign players every summer

13. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now that Babel and Sulejmani left the club, how many transfers will Ajax make this summer according to you?

I've heard that you're close to sign Utrecht's Van Der Hoorn. Does this mean that Alderweireld will leave the club?

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Babel and Sulejmani both left on free transfers so the club got no money at all for them. Alderweireld is most likely to leave but it's not clear what team will bid for him. I cannot see the team bringing in more than 2 players and that's also contingent on Eriksen leaving which is no certainty. They have brought in a number of foreign youth players over the last 6-8 months and are keeping with the policy of promoting youth to the first team.

15. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Ajax will spend the money they'll be getting from Eriksen's transfer (if he leaves the club this summer) on Van Ginkel, now Maher is going to PSV. Although it's indeed not sure if Eriksen will leave the club. Dortmund were interested in him but they're also interested in Bernard and Mkhitaryan, and there haven't been many Liverpool rumors lately.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^Vitesse won't sell Van Ginkel to Ajax; if he leaves he goes to Chelsea.

17. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    ^ Fischer, Andersen, Serero, Meleg, Klaassen, Schone and in due time Nouri. We want to look at our academy first before buying big.

'T was a great game yesterday. VDV with a hattrick, Kluivert missed a shetload of chances.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  20. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That picture of Cruijff gives me the chills.

21. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh come on Siem, that's weak sauce. :p Someone get this guy a Seedorf to work out with :D
    [​IMG]

Warning: There is a lot of awesomeness in this photo:
    [​IMG]
    Snejder, Cruijff, and the man of the hour, all on one pitch, all wearing Ajax kits. Especially seeing Sneijder in an Ajax kit again. Lets hope we'll get to see that again in some real matches:)

22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

It's beautiful, but it reminds me of

[​IMG]

"Moche" means ugly in French lol.

23. Vini Vidi Vici

Italy
    May 21, 2013
    Tivoli / Fiesole / Anywhere Italy w turq water
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bit of a random comment, but I was in Amsterdam for my birthday last week. Stayed in a hotel which was around a 45 second walk from the Amsterdam ArenA, right beside the train station.

During my week there, I met 3 players, both at different times, but both on the same train coming in to the stadium.
    1: Some Brazil youngster apparently with one of the youth teams.
    2: Fischer which felt surreal. He complimented a jacket I'd just paid 400 euros for... the same exact jacket he happened to be wearing, only his was in red :inlove:
    3: Finally, some defender who plays for Utrecht (I think)? I think Ajax have been linked with him recently but it might be another player. My mum who was with me (and totally cramped my style) had around a 20 minute chat with him. He declined any pictures yet said 'under normal circumstances he'd happily take a photo' or something. Make of that what you will.

Anyway, I feel I've picked up a magic rub from my time in Amsterdam. I've been wanting to follow a Dutch team for a long time now, and I guess I'm going to go with Ajax :inlove:

24. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to ditch Chelsea while you're at it. You're supporting a much more worthy team now. :p

25. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    If it's Van der Hoorn, he has just signed for us less than an hour ago. :D

http://www.ajax.nl/Ajax-nieuws/Ajax...wsartikel/Ajax-contracteert-Van-der-Hoorn.htm

He's 6'3" so will hopefully prove a valuable asset to us and especially since none of our other defenders are as tall as him.