Ajax: Driving for a Three-peat

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Aug 14, 2012.

1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lol. Do you even watch PSV play? Everybody scores there except Matavz. Not to mention that Matavz is a pure poacher and a horrible footballer if you want to play well as a team. We got Sightorsson btw. In case you don't know.

Fischer is going to be a starter for us for years. He's already one of the best wingers in the league. He's going to make Ajax a fortune when he leaves. He's a great investment for Ajax. But you'd probably prefer we'd pay a shitload on transfers and salaries of players like Assaidi, Narsingh and Tadic. Money we'd have little guarantee of getting back when they leave. I can promise you that is not going to happen anymore. Not after Sulejmani.

Orange14 repped this.
  2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know that feeding trolls is a waste of time but I don't have anything better to this morning other than reading some financial statements (beginning of the month and it's time to rebalance the investment portfolio). Fischer is going to be a very fine player and I think in the end will turn out to be a better player than Eriksen. Babel came in on a free transfer after he bought out his own contract; he may or may not leave at the end of the season (it's not clear to me who really will want him other than Ajax at this point in time). I've not been impressed with Hoesen as I think he's a step too slow (as is Matavz BTW who is not the great finisher that you think he is, but maybe you are really his agent).

You don't seem to have any grasp of how Ajax have financially restructured the club. They are not going to pay any player more than €1M/year and have predicated success on Europa League qualification every year (remember the Dutch league only has one guaranteed CL spot, the second has to be through qualification which Feyenoord failed at this past summer). The club maintains a strong youth academy which also costs money and given the current state of European football has to put youth players under contract if they don't want to lose them to many of the predatory teams in England who cannot develop players at all.

None of us have any illusions that Ajax will return to European glory and win the CL. What we do expect is for the team to play solid fundamental attacking football using homegrown talent. You commented on an earlier post about our young Danish players not be 'homegrown.' Yes, there is 'some' truth to this as they came to Ajax as 15-16 year olds. However, a great amount of their skills were polished in the youth system. This is the type of thing that you do not see at Madrid.

You might also consider the fact that there are lots of Ajax youth academy players on other Dutch teams. I think this points to the fact that Ajax do a great job of educating and developing players.

3. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fisscher sucks in finishing chances. Ok, he can on different positions and his technical skills are decent, but he sucks in finishing chances. Like the match versus FC Utrecht (0-0), 6 (!) big chances and he still couldn't score. He is also overhyped IMO

Sulejmani was a huge mistake by Sir Van Basten, but that doesn't mean that every winger become just like him.

You just can't solve everything with the youth. Ajax has many promising talents, but in the big matches, the important ones, there is no one who has the mentality or the skills who can crush the opponent. That was painfully proven against Steau.

4. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So having a different opinion means trolling ? BS. from a simple minded person.

England has a different, geographical system when it comes to the youth. Clubs are allowed to sign youth players in a specific arrea. For instance, Southampton has many talents because they have a wider arrea than Arsenal.

I'm talking about Ajax, not about Madrid but since you want to talk about us, fine. It's true that we don't use our youth in the first squad much, because there is no need to. We have the biggest turnover of all football clubs, so we don't need to play with youth players in order to sell them for a higher price.

You cannot become champion with only educating and developing players. They are doing a great job, but you need also quality in your squad, real quality.

Ajax won't become champion this season IMO:
    PSV has a better squad (except the defense), Feyenoord has a similar squad + Pelle. Vitesse has Bony

5. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    We haven't had anybody even close to leading the league in goals the past two seasons (although you could speculate that if Sigi was healthy he may have last year) and we won it both times. When we relied on goalscorers like Suarez and Huntelaar we were in the middle of a 6-7 year title drought.

PSV can score as many goals as they want over the course of the season but the past few years we have seen them collapse as a team. Maybe this year is different but there is absolutely no reason to declare that Ajax can't win.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Having an educated opinion is fine, stating things that are flowing from stream of unconsciousness is simple trolling and I suspect you know the difference. Interesting how only a couple of days ago you mysteriously appear and start saying you know it all. Perhaps it would behoove you to go back and look at the archives and get to know who much some of us know. I go back to the early 1970s when I first visited my relatives in Amsterdam and saw my first Ajax match. I also spent two years on a fellowship at the university in Utrecht and saw lots of Ajax matches at that time. You might not like what I've said about you but let's put stuff in historical context. Of course the club has always brought in some select players that didn't come through the youth academy and some of these players have helped Ajax win championships. However, the club has always relied on players from their youth academy and certainly the last two seasons prove this in spades. When you start having to balance financials (as opposed to getting bailed out by the city of Madrid which your club had to do several years ago as they were on the verge of bankruptcy; an inconvenient fact that many Madridistas seem to forget) then you might have something intelligent to say.

This is my last troll food on this point and I'll constrain myself to focusing on the upcoming Ajax matches. Good day and have some pleasant dreams.

7. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    KILL THE TUKKERS!!!

8. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You claim that I troll, but you are doing it yourself. BS. coming from a hypocrite.

''Mysteriously appear''
    So? I wanted to give my opinion about Ajax and their chances to win the title and I did that a couple of days ago. Am I not allowed to do that? Odd

I didn't say that playing with players from the youth is wrong, but cannot fill the first squad with only players from the youth, since most of them are mentally not prepared.

But I guess the people here get instantly butthurt when someone has a different opinion about their favorite club.

9. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I'm sorry but I have to ask because you are new. Do you spend time in your own club's forum on this website? We are like rainbows, unicorns and lollipops compared to the vibe over there.

TFC Ajax repped this.
  10. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Also would just suggest that if you are going to go to other forums and comment on a club that the actual fans of said club have been following closely and discussing for a very long time...Perhaps you should try it with an open mind. Maybe engage them under the assumption that they just might have a more educated and well rounded understanding of the club than you do.

Not every club is Real Madrid. If you want to talk about a club that is more in line with Madrid's policy of buying more players to solve their problems you should probably go check out the PSV thread. They need more posters over there.

11. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More than I spend on this forum :rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying, yet I have a right to my opinion about certain things and I will use that right. It's true though that the actual fans know more about the club and the situation as well.

12. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    You are absolutely right but to call somebody who has been an Ajax fan longer than many of us have been alive "butthurt" because they disagree with you isn't going to go over very well.

We don't really roll like that over here. Save that for the Madrid forum.

RomaRomaRoma and Orange14 repped this.
  13. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Frank said in a recent press conference that he thinks Meleg might have a future as a right winger.

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Seconded! :D

Verbeek was too generous with his compliments towards Ajax prior to the game. Gave us probably a false sentiment of pride. We're still in a bit of a slump.

Now Schreuder comes out and says Ajax are playing the best football in Holland. Hopefully they've (incl. FdB, 7 changes in your team in a semi-final, why Frank why) learned from it and are more focussed over the weekend. More focus in front of goal is all we ask.

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Topscorer of NextGen last season, scored 4 in 2 this season. Do you even consider his age when judging him? Had Babel, Sigthorsson and Boerrigter not been out for so long he wouldn't been considered a 1st team player right now.

Judge him next season and see if he still "sucks in finishing chances".

16. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since humiliating you in CL has become our second hobby, I might consider that as a
    compliment :thumbsup:

this goal will be never forgotten

17. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Awesome goal thanks for posting :thumbsup:

18. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    you are entitled to your own opinion. but when you write your opinion like it's fact, you're going to piss people off.

19. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so I have to write ''in my opinion'' when I give my opinion? Understood.

20. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Based on your posting so far I'd simply suggest you get used to your opinions being laughed at and not be so sensitive about it.

21. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if my opinions are based on valid arguments,
    those who laugh should laugh at theirselves :thumbsup:

Anyway, there is no need to continue this useless conversation.
    IMO Ajax won't be champion this season, you disagreed. Fine to me.

What Ajax IMO really needs is a leader. Since Verthonghen left there is no leader on the field. Eriksen and De Jong aren't leaders.

22. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Can I borrow your magic crystal ball sometime? I have a lot of bets I'd like to place.

23. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Use it good

[​IMG]

24. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Eriksen isn't really considered a "leader" just an exceptional talent who has an absurd amount of appearances under his belt for a 21 year old. De Jong is one of the most experienced players with the club but he's just not a good fit in our system and isn't the best player at any position. He did however score one of the most memorable Ajax goals in a long time and people respect him for that.

Moisander has actually been quite a good replacement for Vertonghen in terms of leadership. The guy captains his national team and was the captain of his former club. That's not something you can dismiss.

If you ask anybody who we miss the most this season it isn't Vertonghen. It's Vurnon Anita.

aveslacker, JC-14 and Orange14 repped this.
  25. Well, you can bet that AZ will let PSV win their competition match against them to make sure that PSV will play CL.