Ajax: Driving for a Three-peat

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Aug 14, 2012.

1. knikkende knieen;)

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very little offense for either team at the half. Moisander toed a corner kick, hitting the post and Boerrigter stung a shot cutting across the middle that Esteban parried but that was about it. Dijks is controlling Berrens very well and our defense has yet to be really tested. Altidore is leaving early on the high line. Serero continues to puzzle, I'm not convinced he is the quality player for this side; he's not quite as static as de Jong in midfield but doesn't seem to know what to do when he has the ball. Lukoki continues to think he is the greatest winger in the world capable of beating any double team; he is wrong. Hoesen is holding the ball up well but has no options when it's at his feet.

We will see whether FdB sticks with this 11 in the second half. Surely he doesn't want to go to extra time! [​IMG]

3. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Ajax started out controling the game but niether team is making much happen

this game needs a goal badly

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe we end up at 0-0 and go to penalties. With this bunch we could see a lot of penalty misses!

5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Schöne was the only decent midfielder, Hoesen the only decent player on the front line, and Moisander has been a bit of a headless chicken at the back.

6. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Altidore looked pretty good today--one goal--one set up

7. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Rhijn was primarily at fault for both goals. He was also indirectly at fault for the second goal because he didn't pressure the AZ player when AZ got the ball back at the top of the box. He was the closest player, and close enough to put on pressure, but he chose to stay wide which gave the AZ player time to start the counter attack.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a depressing display of football this was. Maybe Schöne can be complimented for putting 100% into the match but it's darn hard finding anyone else who was worthy. More schoolboy defending and again totally clueless about how to break down the AZ defense which quite frankly wasn't all that good. Serero and Lukoki (don't know why Sana has dropped off the map, he's a better winger) are clearly just not good enough at this level and need to move on. van Rhijn needs to get his head in the game, never give up the inside as in the case with Gudmundsson's goal (and the fact that the hand ball wasn't called is irrelevant). Disgusting and I have no aspirations of this team defeating Twente on Saturday.

9. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I couldn't watch the game, but was it really that bad or the result is misleading?

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Worse than bad; it was terrible. Team is totally clueless and has been for the past several weeks. No understanding of how to break down a defense and an inability to even shoot on frame. It was one of the most disgusting displays of football and I feel sorry for all those in the stands who spent €s on this match. They deserve a refund.

11. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yikes I'm glad I was distracted by work today and forgot to watch this.

12. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    niether team was any good and the entertainment value in the first half was pathetic

--it was a typical AZ game--so I figured we would lose

AZ scored a goal and suddenly there was some urgency in the game-

-I thought Maher was offside on the feed into the area that got Altidore the goal but no complaints

but Ajax could have just as easily got the first goal--they had more and better chances than AZ but shot poorly

13. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I'm afraid that with the players currently at hand we'll be seeing more of those dull and uninspired shows. Looks like we'll have to get used to it for I, as optimistic as I try to be, am not seeing the proverbial light in the tunnel. Looking forward to be proven wrong though.

14. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    knocked out of two of three competitions in a week. Fantastic...

15. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Ajax will become Champions this season :laugh:
    They don't have a decent striker, they miss a lot of chances.
    Only Eriksen and Alderweireld are good players, the others are just average.

Time to buy a:

- DM
    - Winger
    - Striker

Lukoki, Hoesen, Schöne, Poulsen are all weak players. Boerrigter played the last season well, so we know what he is capable of

They have to realize that not everything can be provided from the youth

16. runnerup

runnerup Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Is it this time a negative change happening with Ajax after the winter break? The last seasons they were onstoppable, last year with Anita becoming important, the year before it was the De Boer takeover, the season in which Twente won the league it was Pantelic with Siem behind him that went as a tierelier.
    Does this year bring a change by not bringing one? No real change or solution for the midfield, Moisander stays as a weak link in the back at times, no best position for Siem. Perhaps Sightorsson's return might help. Or does Frank have a hidden trick somewhere?

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well they certainly have a much better chance at winning the Dutch league than your favorite team has of winning La Liga. You will be lucky to overtake Athletico for 2nd place. Don't come in from out of the blue and talk trash on this board.

KPSmit and TFC Ajax repped this.
  18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The club actually has more points at this point in the season than they did last year! I don't think everything has been negative. Go look at the match result for January 20, you might be surprised at the opponent who was thoroughly defeated!:D

19. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Can we not talk about Anita? It makes me sad.

We are two points off of the pace in 2nd place with a long road ahead.

[​IMG]

20. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    talk trash? My opinion is based on valid arguments and I have the right to have a different opinion. Or do you honestly believe that Ajax will become champion this season? wakker worden :rolleyes:

Btw becoming 2nd won't be that hard, since we are in good shape. Atleti won't be 2nd at the end of the season

21. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    yet somehow we only sit two points back of first :rolleyes:

Ajax aren't going to go waste money on another winger when they have Fischer, Sana, Cuenca (for now), and Andersen (for the future). Babel, de Jong, Siggy, and Hoesen are adequate strikers. Lukoki has most of what he needs to be a good winger, and just needs to improve his decision making. He's still only twenty! On the other hand, Boerrigter played well enough until November 2011 when he got injured, and has been complete shit ever since. For a 26 year old, I see absolutely no reason why we should hold onto him. Schone has been one of our best players this season. He may not be a world class midfielder, but he fits our style of play better than most.

We definitely need a new DM though...

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    "Just buy new players". Typical Real supporter...

Orange14 repped this.
  23. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    good point. Those Danish players are all homegrown, right? :rolleyes:
    Cuenca, Boerrigter, Schöne, Serero, Poulsen, Sigthorsson and still eliminated by Steaua, impressive achievement.

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know. So we should simply buy more players. Like you in your infinite wisdom suggested.

Orange14 repped this.
  25. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You should buy players who proved themselves. You cannot win with only promising ''talents''
    Fisscher is overhyped, Babel is gonna leave at the end of this season and Hoessen sucks. A solid striker like Matavz would be a great transfer for your club. Someone who can finish chances.