Ajax: Driving for a Three-peat

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Aug 14, 2012.

1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Our Mickey and Heerenveen's Djuricic have signed pre contracts with Benfica. Not good news for Ola John.

Van Kessel scored for Almere City today and Daley is on his way out according to the press.

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Fischer signed a new contract. Overmars extended his deal until 2017.

3. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What? You mean we're finally starting to sign players with obvious potential to contracts that allow us to hold onto them a while?

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Boerrigter in the XI agian :(
    Vermeer; Van Rhijn, Alderweireld, Moisander, Blind; Schöne, Poulsen, Eriksen; Lukoki, De Jong, Boerrigte

5. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    But on the left this time and he's playing against his old club. Lukoki and him have to show it today or else they won't be seeing any significant minutes any time soon again.

I will settle for this score line. :D

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not surprising since FdB already said that Cuenca and Fischer cannot play more than 60 minutes. I suspect that if the match is still close in the 2nd half that both might come on. Sigthorsson is being rested for the same reason though there is a better chance of him coming on for the full 2nd half.

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
  8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We get a nice Internet feed on ESPN here in the US!
    Well we did get two goals to make things comfortable going into the half. Still the team needs to do much better when playing against defensive minded clubs. The passing is still too slow and the player movement much too static. Lukoki other than one good run at the fullback has been poor. Boerrigter is getting beaten up and there should have been a Yellow card when he got kneed in the back early in the half. de Jong is standing around. Eriksen has done well and the defense seems to be up to the task against an opponent that is only playing one man up front. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sigthorsson start the second half in the middle.

10. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Vermeer is a great penalty stopper. I didn't even feel worried when the penalty was given

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Much less fluid on offense when Eriksen came off but the defense stood strong throughout the match to keep the clean sheet. Lukoki did not distinguish himself much at all over the full 90 minutes.

Player Ratings:

Vermeer (7) - after having nothing to do in the first half, he had a busy 2nd half saving his third penalty of the season
    Blind (6.5) - not as good in previous matches, beaten badly one time by Jozefzoon
    Moisander (7) - one bad pass was the only poor play of the match
    Alderwiereld (7) - very strong and a bit unfortunate to have his had out conceding a penalty
    van Rhijn (6.5) - quiet but solid match
    Poulsen (6.5) - some poor passes in the first half followed by a solid second half
    Schöne (6.5) - decent enough for this opposition
    Eriksen (7.5) - ran the offense well and took his goal with aplomb
    Boerrigter (6.5) - should have scored at least one time and took a lot of physical punishment
    de Jong (6) - pretty silent throughout, should have dropped back to take the ball which would have created a little more opportunity in the 1st half
    Lukoki (5) - average at best and perhaps disappointing is a better descriptive
    Dijks (6) - strong coming in for Blind but why isn't he considered for central defense given his size?
    Serrero (5) - maybe got one touch only
    Sigthorsson (5) - hardly involved until a nice touch near the end of the match

A lot of fixtures coming up fast and furious if we get past Steau in the EL. I hope this doesn't prove a distraction to our title quest.

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam

Eriksen has attracted more attention to him and hopefully more millions to his pricetag thanks to this goal.

13. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Ajax A1 - Aston Villa U19 today.

This generation isn't as talented as the one of last season so I'm not sure if they could make it to another final. Ajax were one of the best teams during the group phase, but had Fischer to thank for the splendid goal difference. He scored 4 goals in the only 2 games he featured in.

VDH, Boccara and de Sa are the 3 dispensation players for this match.

14. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    1 - 0 Djavan Anderson, good work from de Sa on the wings.

16. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    VAN DEN BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEN! (nothing happened as always I just like his name)

17. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    1 - 1 someone named Drennan.

18. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    1 - 2 Lewis

Right in time for me to check the Arsenal - Bayern game. :D I hope our boys turn the game around, about 30 minutes left to play. Safe to say that they're missing Fred Grim though, Perez and co not as experienced. Their 2nd goal came right after Ajax made two subs. Sorry no more updates from me.

19. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

Vermaelen, Wesley and KJH. Once at Ajax together and now featured in the CL 8th finals this week.

20. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and Maduro...

21. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Hedwiges no play in CL this week, Hedwiges no play CL at all this season. :p

Predictions for tonight? I'm thinking 2 - 1 for Ajax.

22. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It'll be nice to see us play against a team that can't really afford to bunk and counter attack. Getting tired of seeing so much of that in domestic competition.

23. MisterLee

MisterLee New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    www.dutchfootball-league.com
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Hopefully we'll see Cuenca in action, I am very enthusiastic about the Barcelona youngster.
    Since Ajax's right wing is their weakest spot, he could be an important asset for the remainder of the season!

24. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]
    Romanian Bergkamp and Arsenal fans forgot about his fear of flying..

[​IMG]
    Very beautiful stadium, but apparently the pitch is as bad as yesterday's Galatasaray match. Hopefully nobody gets injured.

[​IMG]
    Ajax Foundation in cooperation with Ogararu gave Romanian orphans a free clinic and free Ajax gear. Looks like Aron Winter is back with us.

25. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Guaranteed to start today according to the latest rumours. I'm a bit worried about Siggie on this pitch.