Agudelo to take on the fearsome Frisians: tonight wed. 4/2 18:45 CEST FC Utrecht vs SC Cambuur

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Apr 2, 2014.

1. This matchin the Eredivisie only took place 4 times before. FC Utrecht won 2 and SC Cambuur 1.
    In the home match this season the mighty Frisians from the Frisian capital Ljouwert (aka Leeuwarden) turned a 1-0 behind score around in a 3-1 win.
    In the 8th round for the Cup FC Utrecht won in Ljouwert with 2-0.
    FC Utrecht couldnot win for 4 matches in a row and has 2 points less then Cambuur, who have been un beaten now for a stretch of 7 matches. But SC Cambuur is the only team that hasnot won an away match this season.
    It doesnot help that the supporters yesterday chased the Canadian born coach Dwight Lodeweges out of town, after it became known that he signed a contract for SC Heerenveen as the replacement for Marco van Basten.

But again my auntie from Ljouwert and I raise a glass ice and ice cold Berenburger to our victory over FC Utrecht. Sorry Juan, you should come over next season to Feyenoord:)

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    That's funny. But they should have run him out of Ljouwert for his time at PSV not 'veen!

3. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Agudelo came on at the half after Utrecht were already down a man and down two goals. He's been playing as a lone forward in a 4-4-1 and he's seen very little of the ball.

4. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    It's 4-0 now.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    And with this result, Utrecht is left 5 points from the relegation zone, as #14 out of 18 (16, 17 and 18 go down).

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Not exactly, but you don't want to come in in the the last 3 (although only last get auto-dropped. The other two get a playoff.

7. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Agudelo would do himself and his club a lot of good by scoring some more goals. Anyone hear anything from his manager about his progress?

8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hard to score goals when you play as the lone striker with your team down a man.

9. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Is that the way they play every game? I didn't realize. Maybe they should quit giving other teams the advantage?

superdave repped this.
  10. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Convincing the coach to fill out a full lineup card correctly is not Agudelo's responsibility. I think the board needs to take the blame for that.