afshin ghotbi!

Discussion in 'Iran' started by doooodooool, Mar 29, 2009.

1. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Word!!

2. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't even know what to say. I would cry, but our football federation is far too laughable to draw tears.

I can't believe some people are actually somewhat satisfied in the fact that Mayeli Kohan has an affinity towards the likes of Mobali and Kazemian and other players that Daei neglected to invite. If you think a terrible coach with big-name players suggests anything but miserable results, you're in for an awful surprise.

According to PFDC, Mansour Ebrahimzadeh will be Kohan's assistant. Ebrahimzadeh is the current head coach of Zob Ahan and the same clown that "coached" us in the period of time between Ghalenoei and Daei. Some of you may know that I call that period the Team Melli Dark Ages. We failed to score a single goal in 4 games, and more importantly, we displayed embarrassingly disorganized football.

I'd like to remind everyone that we had plenty of talent and big names on the pitch during that time. Mahdavikia, Karimi, Aghili, Hosseini, Teymourian, Nikbakht, Kazemian, Mobali, Khalili, and Samereh (who was a UAE-based fan-favorite just like Mobali and Kazemian) are just some of the big-names that played together in those matches... and yet we still managed to play the worst football that I had ever seen from Team Melli.

Big names and new faces will not save us. It takes time and quality coaching for a team to play decent football. I can only hope that the new clowns in charge of our beloved Team Melli take that into consideration and change as little as possible from our current team. Unfortunately, the very much in-form Zandi doesn't have a chance at being invited, since Kohan is notoriously anti-Zandi.

While I will always love Team Melli with all of my heart, I have lowered my expectations considerably. Let's casually hope for the best.

3. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Actually at this point, just having big names is probably the best way to get through!! No decent coach would a) want to touch this team, knowing the difficulties ahead, b) is likely to be successfully chased by IFF (there is so much here but I guess everyone knows where I'm going with it), c) has enough time to make this into a decent team! So, this reminds me of France with an incompetent coach but great players! Sure, they were much better players than the Iranian bunch, a well gelled team some of whom had won the WC and a better coach, but let's not forget that they also got to the final of the WC.

I should point out that I don't think some of the big names being associated are necessairly good players. For example, I haven't seen Mobali for quite some time, but when everyone else used to rate him very highly, I never saw anything special!! Unless he's improved a lot, don't see what he might add other than sheer drive to prove himself (which he didn't have back then either!)

My only hope is that IF iran makes it through, IFF would try to get a decent coach.

4. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    MK?!?!
    Not much hope at this point... yet I hope to see Zandi.

5. doooodooool

doooodooool New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My hopes are back:d
    afshin ghotbi is the new tm coach!

He said south africa better prepare for hosting iran summer of 2010:d

6. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Welcome, Afshin Ghotbi :).

He's the best we could realistically ask for at this point in time, and I doubt he would have accepted the position if he didn't think he could steer us to qualification.

I just hope he's not replaced before the end of qualifications!

7. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Def. better than Kohan.

8. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    va shoma veri veri irani:D:D

9. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Apparently the new list of invited TM players will be released after Sepahan and Perspolis play their respective matches on Thursday.

Ghotbi has made a tour through the UAE, and if he liked what he saw, we might see the likes of Mobali, Kazemian, and possibly Oladi in TM again.

I'm just going to assume that Madanchi will be an automatic invite, since he has performed very well for us recently and he's our only decent natural left-winger. I would love to start Mehrzad, but I just don't know if there's room in our competitive starting 11. He, like Mahdavikia, provides game-changing sparks along the wing that stimulate the entire team. Hopefully Ghotbi can figure out how to best utilize our talent!

10. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    One gibberish post...maybe funny but at least tolerable. Can you stop posting unintelligible crap that makes little sense?

NOTE: If you respond to this post with the same crazy shit, I will ban you from Iran forums!!

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I would just like to say that my intent was not tu offend you personally. Your post had a very "irani"-tone, and i just messed with you a bit. If you took offense I apologize.

Agar inglis barat sakhte, mitoni be farsi benevisi. Shaiad injor behtar mifamim shoma chi mikhai begi.

12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Based on previous tm-games and also ipl games, which players do you think should be invited to TM for the remainder of the wcq-campaign?
    Here is my list:

GK: Rahmati, Talebloo

DF: Kaebi, Heydari (can also play right mf), Hosseini, Aghili, Nosrati, Ashjari, Pejman Nouri

MF: Nekounam, Ando, Kazemi/Bagheri, Madanchi, Khalatbari, Karimi, Zandi, Hajsafi, Mahdavikia

FW: Shojaei, Kazemian, Hashemian, Borhani

left out someone? This list consist of 22 players. i dont know how many are allowed. If someone could fill in on that..
    The one player, I'm not so sure about is Hajsafi, the left side looks pretty packed as we have many players in this list who can play there. It might make more sense switching him for a right mid and thus making it a little more balanced. Give me your thoughts

13. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well, the coach can invite as many players as he'd like to the training camp. On match-day, however, he is allowed 18 players (i.e. 7 subs).

If I could have my ideal 18-player-list for the N.Korea match, it would be:

DF: Kaebi, Heydari, Hosseini, Aghili, Sheys, Ashjari

MF: Andranik, P.Nouri, Madanchi, Khalatbari, Karimi, Zandi, Mahdavikia

FW: Hashemian, Borhani, Shojaei

I'm intrigued by the notion of having the likes of Bagheri and Gh.Rezaei on the bench, but alas, 18 is the limit. The only issue I have with my list is that it lacks strong aerial ability. It's very difficult to score on N.Korea from anything but a set-piece or a header. I guess Hash, Borhani, and our CBs can do the job alright...

I include P.Nouri not for the LB position, but rather the DM position. Ghotbi likes to use 2 DMs, and Andranik and Nouri can be an intimidating duo.

I'm not crazy about Sheys, but I definitely don't feel comfortable playing Nosrati or R.Rezaei. Montazeri would be a decent option, but he's recovering from an injury and he won't be in top shape.

I know a lot of people are excited about Mobali, but I simply can't include him in my list until I know what kind of form he's in. Until someone can prove that he's in top shape, I can't include his name. If Ghotbi discovers that Mobali is in great shape, we can effectively use him as a DM or a CM (he played DM a couple of times for us and performed rather well). He was always a very underrated long-range passer, and I can only hope he's ready to go.

Three forwards may seem like too few, but keep in mind that Madanchi, Khalatbari, and Karimi can all play as forwards if need be.

Now... Do I think Ghotbi will use the same 18-man list as me? Not at all. I'm quite sure he plans on inviting a couple of players that haven't played for TM in quite some time (if at all).

14. doooodooool

doooodooool New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    in the north korea game we need good shooters..we need to shoot at every chanse we get...players like zandi have good long range shots..in that way i think we can be successfull!:D

15. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    فارسی** یا انگلیسی که مینویسه معنی** نمیده! اگه فارسی** میتون بخونه، یعنی** از قسط داشت چرتو پرت مینوشت! اگه میخواین فارسی** بنویسین، این وبسیت "بهنویس" چیزهای رو که به فینگلیش مینویسین فارسی** میکنه. خوندن این از خوندن فینگلیش خیلی** راحت تره!!

16. doooodooool

doooodooool New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    when is afshin ghotbi gonna represent the chosen 18 players for the TM camp? I heard it was today after the hafzi cup? what time its gonna be?:confused:

17. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    An 18-man list is only released for a specific match (on match-day). It consists of the starting 11 and the 7 players on the bench.

The coach invites many more players, however (20-30, usually), to a training camp in which the players' skills are assessed and various formations and tactics are practices. The list is then cut down to 18 on match-day according to the coach's plans.

As you've stated, Ghotbi is expected to release the list of invited players after the Hazfi Cup today. Give it a few hours...

18. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is the 41-man list that Ghotbi as released... Remember, only 18 will be chosen for match-day:

Goalkeepers: Seyed Mehdi Rahmati, Vahid Talebloo, Mohammad Mohammadi

Defenders: Seyed Jalal Hosseini, Hossein Kaebi, Hadi Aghili, Mohsen Bengar, Hassan Ashjari, Mohammad Nosrati, Sattar Zare, Rahman Rezaei, Pirouz Ghorbani, Khosro Heydari, Pejman Montazeri, Ahmad Alenemeh, Farshid Talebi

Midfielders: Ferydoon Zandi, Andranik Teymourian, Hossein Kazemi, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Farzad Ashoubi, Javad Nekounam, Masoud Shojaei, Karim Bagheri, Ali Karimi, Mehrzad Madanchi, Maziar Zare, Ehsan Hajsafi, Mohammad-Reza Khalatbari, Meysam Baoo, Iman Mobali, Pejman Nouri, Alireza Mohammad, Mohammad Salsali

Strikers: Arash Borhani, Vahid Hashemian, Mohsen Khalili, Gholamreza Rezaei, Javad Kazemian, Ali Samereh, Siavash Akbarpour

I'm very happy to see that Alireza Mohammad has been acknowledged and considered for the national team, even though there probably isn't room for him on an 18-man list. He's a fantastic talent at RB/RW, and if we weren't already so busy on the right side, he'd definitely have a place on our team. To be honest, I'd rather have him play LB than Ashjari. He's much faster and a match better defender. He's a great wing player, so I think he'd be fine on the left. Anyways, I don't think Ghotbi has the same plans in mind...

Here's my 18-man list:

DF: Kaebi, Heydari, Hosseini, Aghili, Ghorbani, Ashjari/Mohammad

MF: Andranik, P.Nouri, Madanchi, Khalatbari, Karimi, Zandi, Mahdavikia

FW: Hashemian, Borhani, Shojaei

-------------------Rahmati-------------------------------
    --Heydari---Hosseini---Aghili---Ashjari/Mohammad--
    -------------------Andranik------------------------------
    --------Karimi----------------Khalatbari----------------
    ---------------------Zandi--------------------------------
    --------------Shojaei----Madanchi-----------------------

The beauty about this line-up is that the 3 attacking midfielders (Karimi, Zandi, and Khalatbari) can freely switch positions.

19. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good list, no surprises really. Except I just don't understand why there's so many players invited. There's just eleven players in a line-up, is this necessary? to consider so many players in this short period of time. Imo the likes of Sattar Zare, Bengar and Akbarpour shouldn't even be considered any more than Nikbakht!
    Maybe I have misinterpreted it. Are these the players that will go to the training camp in China, or will it get shorter as we go along with hafzi and acl?
    Anyway the best possible players have been invited.

My 18-man list:

DF: Heydari, Kaebi, Aghili, Hosseini, Nosrati, ashjari
    MF: Kia, Karimi, Khalatbari, Madanchi, Zandi, Ando, P.Nouri(or as left back)
    FW: Hashemian, Shojaei, Borhani/Kazemian

Damn, reducing the preliminary list to 18 was a pain! lol

The reason I'm rather insisting on Nosrati, is because I still think he is one of Irans best CENTRAL-defender. Also the fact that his aerial game is really strong, which we will surely need in this particular match. Of course I'm not really aware of his recent form and performances, but if it turns out he's in form, I say absolutely.

20. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I see that you wanted to include all of those fantastic playmakers in the starting 11.
    But heres my problem with this line-up though. I think it would leave a little hole in defence. Particularly with Karimi out on the right side rather than more in the center. I dont think he would have the energy for that posistion and be that effective there, and thus it would put more pressure on Ando.
    Also, imo Kia should be in the line-up, same goes for Hashemian. As I'm still clinging to hope that he will be the helicopter again:D We need players with good aerial abilites. And Kia for the for his dangerous crosses.

My line-up:

Rahmati
    Heydari.......Hosseini......Aghili/Nosrati.......Ashjari
    Ando
    Kia..................................Khalatbari
    Karimi
    Shojeai......Hashemian​

Subs: Kazemian/Borhani, Zandi, Madanchi
    Of course the substitutions depends on the state of the game, so I can also consider someone like P.Nouri coming in for Ando.​

I still haven't decided between Borhani and Kazemian. Who would get the final place in the roster depends on the camp in China and the friendlys I guess. Oh, do anyone know WHEN our team will be heading for china, and the dates of the two friendlys?​

21. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    First, I'd like to note that after doing a bit of research, I've decided to replace P.Nouri with Mobali in my list. It turns out Mobali has been playing pretty well, and I know that he's very versatile in the CM role (defending, attacking, passing, shooting, etc.).

About my line-up...

The reason I've included so many "creative midfielders" and excluded (with great difficulty) Mahdavikia is quite simple. Our best available players are not fit for an aerial game. Hashemian is yet to prove that he's still got it, and Borhani and Shojaei are hardly known for their aerial abilities (it's a last resort for them). Same goes for Madanchi, Khalatbari, and Kazemian, who are all worthy of playing forward.

For this reason there's no necessity to include a player like Mahdavikia in the starting line-up. All of his beautiful crosses will land on soft heads. He should still be invited, however, because his leadership and passion are unparalleled.

Instead, we should focus on our strength, which is midfield creativity; clever trickery and sneaky through-balls through the likes of Karimi, Zandi, Khalatbari, and Shojaei. In other words, we should focus on a game "down-the-middle" rather than a game on the wings. No reason not to work towards our strengths.

I'd also like to note that a formation like the one I proposed (4-4-2 diamond) consists of 2 CMs on the right and left, rather than 2 wing players. Therefore, Karimi will be playing RM, not RW. It might comfort you to learn that Karimi played in that position many, many times this season with Perspolis, and he performed very well.

Formations change (at least they should) throughout a match, and while defending, my formation would look like this:

-------------------Rahmati--------------------------------
    --Heydari---Hosseini---Aghili---Ashjari/Mohammad---
    ------------Andranik----Khalatbari-----------------------
    --------Karimi-----Zandi-----Madanchi-----------------
    -------------------Shojaei---------------------------------

.....so Khalatbari and Madanchi would press forward during the attack, doing most of the running on the pitch. Khalatbari is obviously not a natural DM, but he defends well enough to cover the position while the ball is near our box.

With regard to the China friendlies... all I know is that we are scheduled to play China on June 1st.

22. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Here is the list that he's invited so far. It'd be more interesting to see who he'll cross off:

Meysaam Bao
    Ali Samereh
    Javad Kazemian
    Mehrdad Madanchi
    Mohammmad Nosrati
    Iman Mobali
    Fereydoon Zandi
    Sattar Zare
    Andranik Teymourian
    Siavash Akbarpour
    Arash Borhani
    Pirooz Ghorbani
    Khosrow Heydari
    Hossein Kazemi
    Pejman Montazeri
    Vahid Talebloo
    Ahmad Alenemeh
    Mehdi Mahdavikia
    Vahid Hashemian
    farzad Ashoubi
    Mehdi Rahmati
    Javad Nekounam
    Masoud Shojaei
    Karim Bagheri
    Ali Karimi
    Mohsen Khalili
    Alireza Mohammadi
    Rahman Rezaei
    Maziar Zare
    Mohammad Mohammadi
    Gholamrezae Rezaei
    jalal Hosseini
    Hossein Kaebi
    Hadi Aghily
    Mohsen Bengar
    Ehsan Hajsafi
    Khalatbari
    Mohammad Salehi
    Pejman Nouri
    Hassan Ashjari
    Farshid Talebi

23. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Bagheri, I think there are enough midfielders!

24. doooodooool

doooodooool New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    we should use the same line up as we did againts japan and bahrain in the last wcq..btw isnt nosrati a good head player?:confused:

exluding hashemian from the list...

i think mahdavikia have alot to prove to..dont forget he missed a 1 on 1 chance against the saudi goalie..compare that to the goal he scored against usa in the 98 world cup where he was in the same situation and he even had a defender on his neck!

bring in the young guns such as borhani mobali etc etc

25. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah, I hope Mobali really shows his true self and potential, so he can be a part of the roster. He's a really good freekick-taker. Now in the absense of Nekounam, I guess I'll have him in the roster too against N.korea.

About, the line-up. I'm not necessarily saying I completely disagree with it. In fact the use of all these creative players, who can switch positions and thus making it more of a dynamic style of play, is certainly an interesting approach and could very well work to our advantage.
    On the other hand, North korea has proven to have a good and strong defence.
    Think about it, how did we win against them? The first was a header from mahdavikia, assisted by jabbari.
    The second goal was also a cross from Shojaei, which they failed to clear, and the ball finally landed on Nekounams feet, who scored the goal.
    In fact, how did South Korea manage to score a goal and eventually win? It was from a cross! I'm telling you, they are not that strong in this aspect. Therefore the exclusion of a player like Mahdavikia could be a very grave mistake. Not to mention we need his leadership and experience in this vital match, and on the pitch most importantly.
    We have a couple of players with a good aerial game. Nosrati, Hashemian, Hosseini and KARIMI.

I understand you dislike the fact of having Nosrati in the line-up. Good thing is, we have like 4 preparation matches prior to North Korea, and it would be an excellent chance to test players like him. Imo he's one of Irans best central defenders. What remains to be seen is his current form.