African National Team Chants

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Bengoechea, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hi, can anyone tell me where i can find the main chants from the fans of Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Algeria, Ghana and Cameroon in youtube, and their lyrics?

2. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    #2 Unak78, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    There were some that I remember us singing during the '94 World Cup during the Nigeria-Bulgaria game, but they were very local and particular to Southeastern Nigeria. One was "Enyimba Ehi" and another was "Oshe, Oshe o, Oshe o, Oshe Baba". I've never heard these songs sung online since but I assume that they're sometimes sung in Nigeria.

Here's some stuff anyway that I scrounged. Not so many chants. You won't find many of those outside of North and South Africa. I can post some from South Africa later. West African nations are still too ethnically diverse to have such cohesion on the national level and the clubs are so sparsely supported that it's hard to build a movement there. Most Nigerians follow the EPL for example. I think that as club soccer builds popularity, then you'll see more chants as has been shown in South Africa.

I'll keep my eyes open.

E2A: At the Nigeria Italy game, listen after the Bright Dike goal, they were chanting Oshe Baba! Brought tears to my eyes, back when my pops was still alive I'll never forget that chant when I was at Nigeria v Bulgaria! The only thing that pisses me off is that noone thought to record that and put it on Youtube. :cautious:

3. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    #3 Unak78, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    I think that I'll just post pics from wherever that I find them... no translations though. :(

4. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    #4 Unak78, Nov 21, 2013
    Best one I've found yet from Nigeria. I don't know where this one took place. Shame that there aren't more views.

5. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    #5 Unak78, Nov 21, 2013

Ethiopia was close to qualifying so here's some Eastern Horn of Africa flavour...

6. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
  7. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC