African friendlies 2012

Discussion in 'Africa' started by JAIME CHILE, Feb 17, 2012.

1. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    February 2012:

15. Liberia-Nigeria 0:2
    22. Namibia - Mozambique
    23. Tanzania - Congo DR
    25. Egypt - Uganda
    25. Malawi - Mozambique
    29. Chile - Ghana (in Chester, USA)
    29. SouthAfrica - Senegal
    29. Tunisia - Peru
    29. Angola - Equatorial Guinea
    29. Egypt - Botswana
    29. Morocco - Burkina Faso

2. OG Junglist

OG Junglist Member+

Jul 21, 2005
    El Jebel, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry, I didn't know where to post this, and I didn't wanna open an entire new thread for this question, a friend of mine is looking for a Congo DR soccer jersey, I have looked throughout several sites and still have not been able to find a site that sells the kit. IF anybody knows where I could purchase this kit, I would appreciate it. thank you

3. Caveman Ninja

Caveman Ninja New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  4. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Results (only FIFA matches):
    22. Namibia - Mozambique 3:0
    23. Tanzania - Congo DR 0:0
    25. Egypt - Kenya 5:0
    29. Chile - Ghana 1:1
    29. South Africa - Senegal 0:0
    29. Tunisia - Peru 1:1
    29. Cote d'Ivoire - Guinea 0:0
    29. Egypt - Niger 1:0
    29. Morocco - Burkina Faso 2:0

5. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Watched the Chile game, so will grade players. Ghana played with a very depleted and experimental side with 5 players being handed debuts. Out of the 18 players called up 17 got to play (only the keeper Adjei missed out).

GK Adam Kwarasey - 8,5 Multiple saviour for Ghana. Were it not for his interventions Ghana would have lost the match. An assured outing. Could do nothing to save the penalty.

RB John Paintsil - 5 Took over as Captain, but failed to lead the team. Had some timely tackles, but in general struggled with the pace and his passing was off. Also culpable for giving away the penalty.

CB Jonathan Mensah 4 Lack of playing time has greatly hampered his development. Lost the ball in dangerous situations and had Kwarasey and Boye saving his back. Got a needless yellow in the first half.

CB John Boye 7 The meteoric rise of Boye continues and honestly now seems to be the number two Ghana defender behind John Mensah. Was the only defender who remained calm and collected reacting well under pressure. Did make the odd mistake, but was the only defender to consistently rob Sanchez and co of the ball. Positioning is remarkable.

LB Alhassan Masahudu 3 Confirmed that he is not up to the task just yet. A boy among men got raped down the left and failed to defend as well as attack.

DM Anthony Annan 5 Not his best performance. Did little to take control of the midfield and was one of the causes Ghana got overrun in midfield.

CM Derek Boateng 8 By far the best player in the pitch in the first half. In full control of the ball and the play, although got tired in the second half and his accuracy, work rate, passing and ball control suffered drastically as a result.

AM Sulley Muntari 7 Sulley returns to form with an assist and some excellent crosses and freekicks, which let to 2 free headers in the first half. His shooting on goal is off, but there were hints of the Sulley of old. Work rate still suspect, but welcome back!

LW Kwadwo Asamoah 6 Had a couple of nice runs, but failed to add much to the Ghana attack and missed a glorious chance to put the game out of Chile's hands, but instead hit the post.

RW Dominic Oduro ? Played 16 minutes after being changed. Had one good run, but was taken off. Injury?

ST Emmanuel Baffour 3 Invisible most of the match, but managed to mess up two great chances to win the game. His movement was good at times, but no service and stage fright got the best of him.

SUBS:

CB Lee Addy 4 Little to no improvement on Mensah. Panicky, lost and almost gave away a goal.

RB Daniel Opare 7 Still suspect as a defender, but added speed and creativity to the left wing, which suddenly made Ghana's attack click. Picked up a stupid yellow for diving, when he could have gone for goal.

DM Afriyie Acquah 7 WOW! One pass that he made was world class. Helped Ghana take back the midfield with assured tackling. Forced Chile to go out wide.

LW Patrick Nyarko 6 Nice find with this late call-up. Worked well with Opare and was the main cause for a flourish of chances in the last 20 minutes of the match.

RW Richard Mpong 6 Replaced Oduro and scored a goal, but wasn't very constructive apart from that. Nonetheless took his chance wonderfully, which can not be said about other Ghana players.

RW Abdul Waris ? Didn't have enough time to show up, but looked much more confortable with the ball than Mpong.

6. Fatso

Fatso Member

Jun 13, 2005
    But Ghana also missed a lot of glaring chances? I think Ghana should have won that match. Ghana's chances were far more clear-cut. Kwadwo Asamoah for one hit the post. And that Baffour killed a bird with a sitter.

7. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I agree that thanks to Adam and Boye Ghana should have won the match. The two players rescued Ghana time and again, which made the difference between the teams - Ghana was essentially better.

On the other side Kwadwo Asamoah, Paintsil and Baffour were guilty of missing open goals, free headers and 5 yard shots. And should have won the game with ease.

8. abroun

abroun New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks !
    Good luck Morocco ! [LINEUP-4-3-3][/LINEUP-4-3-3]

9. encorelui2

encorelui2 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Peru-Nigeria on 5/23. Peru playing apparently selected a university team. Nigeria selected mostly homebased players (I think only 5 foreign based players called up)

Egypt 2(1) - Cameroon 1 (0) played on 5/20 in Khartoum. Cameroon played a 100% homebased squad.

10. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Not true.
    The Nigerian squad that played was fully home-based (the five foreign based players were not used), while the Peru squad had star players Farfan, pizarro, Guerrero and Palacios starting. Only 3 players had less than 20 caps for Peru (and even they had 8 to 13 caps), so this was very much a first team vs a home-based team.

11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Iraq 1-1 Botswana in Turkey

12. encorelui2

encorelui2 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    ... I got to watch the game & yes Nigeria was 100% homebasd. As for Peru, I know close to nothing about them to say who was who (but for the 3 u mentioned above)