AFIP changes the rules.

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by la saeta rubia, Aug 24, 2012.

1. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It seems the tax authorities are finally clamping down on the corrupt agents who have screwed Argentine futbol for twent years.Bottinelli and Piatti are officially the only two players not allowed to play this weekend but the clubs have agreed not to play at least ten more.146 agents are to be stoped operating along with investigations into foreign clubs who participate in these triangulaciones.I think long term this will be hugely beneficial for our futbol

SupaMario and cigar_city repped this.
  2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm all for clamping down on the shady people who corrupt the game with their shady deals. The dirigentes, the players representatives, and other shadowy individuals who hang around and manage to make out well while doing nothing productive. But it pisses me off that the ones who have to "pay for the broken dishes" -as we say- are the players. I may be wrong but I doubt Bottinelli and Piatti are the ones who planned and executed the dirty deals. They are just pawns, and I'm sure all they want to do is to play and get payed for their efforts as professionals. But they are the ones who end up getting penalized, and the fans who want to watch them play. Doesn't seem fair. Let's hope they go after the right people and punish them.

RiverGaucho, SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is always the question in argentina in any walk of life isn't it? Will they actually go after the right people and will they actually follow through in a timely matter? Lets hope so...

The part i find a bit funny is that the man who has allowed all of this to happen under his nose (and received quite a bit of cash from this) who also has plenty of off shore accounts and has been caught on camera discussing dirty money, won't be a part of this investigation... Julio Humberto Grondona (unsurprisingly) will continue unmolested

Lets also not pretend the AFIP is some holy institution, they are corrupt as hell and just CFKs right arm in this situation. I doubt they would be getting involved at all if these were pesos leaving the country (oh yea thats right, pesos can't leave the country because they are useless in all other countries). This has been an issue for 20 years, its no coincidence the first time these people even acknowledge its happening is during the tightest restrictions on the dollar... This clown Echegaray is filthy rich and has properties in uruguay, lets not pretend this man is some moral, just person who wants to save the argentine clubs, he is doing this because he has been told to and because there is a lot of money in it for him

Hell, River had a player, Rodrigo Mora, who has been unable to play because the club needed the AFIPs permission to buy dollars in order to pay benfica the loan fee o_O

Lets not kid ourselves either, the agents aren't going away, they will find new ways to make money by taking their players to mexico and the states and china and the middle east. The important thing is that the money goes to the clubs and isn't funneled through fenix or union san filipe, but then we have the question of who will watch the club directors? What will they do with the money from transfer fees? The problem of corruption in futbol isn't going away... Its a good start (If done correctly) but its just the top layer

I also agree with ASF that its absurd the players are being punished more than anyone.

cigar_city repped this.
  4. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Correct this is whats needed that ALL the money goes to the clubs.But also that less players are enticed to move.As for watching the dirigentes its called elections use your voice

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dude you always talk about elections as if they solve every problem... The problem is no directors live up to their promises, just like politicians... 4 years is a long time

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    true but it tends to be less than dictatorship terms dont you think?