Afghanistan soccer

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Gerrit, Jul 31, 2005.

1. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    In the SAFF Champions:
    Afghanistan 2 - Bangladesh 2
    Afghanistan 2 - Sri Lanka 2
    Afghanistan 1 - Bhutan 3 (surprisingly)

The team is getting preparation for the Challenge Cup starting on July 30 in India.
    Afghanistan - India
    Afghanistan - Turkmanistan
    Afghanistan - Tajikistan

It is a though group compared to the other group: Nepal, Sri Lanka, Korea DPR and Myanmar.

2. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Someone says that Afghanistan National Team has been disqulified for the 2008 challenge cup in India, although it topped its group and qualified two months ago. Who knows the reason and is it officially announced?

3. biyadegakhera

biyadegakhera New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    dont believe that man
    cuz i dont think thats true
    i mean come on, it dont even make sense u knw
    so i guess afghanistan still in the finals AFC chalenge cup

4. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Dear Friends

My friend who is a football coach called Afghanistan Football Federation. THe federation rejected the claims about suspension of Team Mellie. THe team is getting preparation to participate in the Challenge Cup on July 30.

5. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Good, i think it's all a complete rumor anyway, possibly even some kind of prank or possibly even Kryzgstan trying to pressure AFC into the tournement.

If Afghanistan were kicked out, then surely a decision would have been made by now, i mean it's less than 30 days until it begins in India.

Although, nothing surprises with AFC so i wont be shocked if they release a statement with only a few days to go until the Challenge Cup.

6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Football Federation received confirmation from the Asian Football Confederation that the team of Kyrgyzstan participates in the Challenge Cup finals instead of disqualified team from Afghanistan. Our team will play with Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and India in one group.

http://www.nts.kg/?action=news&na=read&topic=2890

7. AlgaKG

AlgaKG New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Japan
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Kyrgyzstan
    I think, if AFC is making any decision they are doing without any pressure from any country...
    if AFC going to disqualify AfganFF than it seems that AfganFF have done something for which they will be disqualified.. the reason and why we don't know yet...

8. AlgaKG

AlgaKG New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Japan
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Kyrgyzstan
    you always keep saying the name of my country as "Kryzgstan" which is incorrect... The correct spelling is KYRGYZSTAN. pls, let's follow right spelling for each country. thanks!

9. AlgaKG

AlgaKG New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Japan
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Kyrgyzstan
    I hope....:)

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Sorry for spelling the name of your country incorrect.

I will try harder in the future. I apologise for any offence i may have given to your nation.

11. biyadegakhera

biyadegakhera New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    man quit fukin lyin, afghanistan is goin 2 AFC CHALLENGE CUP!!!

12. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Today, AFC have an article on India and their preperations, it states that India will meet Afghanistan on Matchday One.

So either AFC don't know what they are doing, or it's all a lye about Afghanistan, to try and make them drop out felign they have done something wrong.

13. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    In the football tournament for the districts of Herat, Shindand defeated Islam Qala and became the champion for this year.

In the First League in Herat, Ansari could win Etafaq only with one goal. However, Esteqlal stands top with 13 points in the last week of the league.

14. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  15. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
  16. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Afghanistan Team in the Homeless World Cup

Afghanistan Homeless Football Team is leading Group E in the Melbourne Homeless World Cup 2008 by 12 points winning all the 4 matches in the preliminary stage against Scotland, Mexico, Zimbabwe and Belgium. Now the team is playing in the next round.

Rank
    Team P W D L F A GD Points CARDS 1
    1. Afghanistan 4 4 0 0 38 19 19 12 0 2
    2. Scotland 4 3 0 1 35 16 19 10 0 3
    3. Zimbabwe 4 2 0 2 41 21 20 7 0 4
    4. Mexico 4 1 0 3 23 30 -7 3 0 5
    5. Belgium 4 0 0 4 6 57 -51 0 0

17. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    The 34 provinces of Afghanistan football teams are playing qualification games in 7 regions of the country for the national cup. Only 8 team will participate in the final round.
    Up to now these teams have qualified:
    1. Balkh
    2. Baghlan
    3. Herat

18. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    Re: Afghanistan Team in the Homeless World Cup

did you say "homeless world cup"? :confused:

19. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Yes. The homeless people participate in this Cup. They have different social backgrounds, but the common thing among them is being poor and having problems in their lives.
    By the way, in the second round, Afghan team passed Russia, Germany, Austria and France. It will play Lithuania today. Now Afghan team is among the top 8 teams playing for the trophies. :)
    You can check the website here: http://www3.homelessworldcup.org/

20. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    are you Afghan?

21. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Yes, I am from Afghanistan. You?

22. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    man Iraniam.
    Nice to see Afghan people following football instead of cricket :D
    Hopefully Afghanistan can get its act together and we can take out the arabs together lol :D

Imagine this group in the wc qualifying:
    Iran
    AFG
    SAudi
    Bahrain

23. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Nice to see you in Big Soccer. Most of Afghans are fans of football. Whenever, there is a match, thousands of people go to the stadiums. However, the recent victories of the Afghan Cricket Team in the international level and a potential hope for qualifying for the world cup helped the popularity of cricket in the country.
    Ha ha, before qualifying for the world cup, we should work on our national league and the youth. Then you may see Afghanistan qualified to WC along with Iran. (Looks like dream.)
    Anyway, I have a weblog in Farsi, you might like to visit it. www.ariverindesert.blogfa.com
    Good Luck.

24. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    [FONT=&quot]By Emily Day[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]AFGHANISTAN has won the 2008 Homeless World Cup.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]After a ripper of a match against a tenacious Russia, Afghanistan came away with a well-earned 5-4 victory and the Homeless World Cup Trophy. (Click here to read the full match report.)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The final whistle brought the packed Federation Square to their feet, while the Afghanistan team fell to the ground in relief before doing victory laps, flags flapping over their heads. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Afghan team excited spectators from the start of the tournament, and won every match they played thereafter. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]With their precision passing, show-stopping goals and coolness under pressure, it seemed likely that Afghanistan would be hot contenders for the grand prize. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]But what nobody anticipated was the sheer amount of Afghan fans turning out to support their team. From a dedicated handful in the opening days, their numbers grew steadily until the grand final today when the stadium echoed with joyful chants of “AFG! AFG!” from the hordes of supporters.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As the Afghan team triumphantly held the Homeless World Cup Trophy over their heads, the crowd erupted into cheers and photographers from all over the world dropped to their knees to capture the historic moment.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]With all those cameras focused on the young men, it was hard to believe that the team hailed from a war-ravaged country whose beleaguered past has given it little opportunity to develop sports programs for its youth.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Star striker Mustafa has been playing with the team for about three months. But he has been playing in the streets a lot before joining the team, so kicking around a soccer ball is “something that he does all the time”.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mustafa’s skills are impressive enough to see him playing in more professional environments, but he explains that as they “don’t have proper fields in Afghanistan, so the skills that you have don’t get noticed, anyway, so as skilful as you are, you still play on the street in the dust”.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lanky keeper Orfan was the standout player in the grand final, his dogged efforts snuffing countless Russian attempts on goal. It’s hard to believe that Orfan has only been goalkeeping for four months.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The athletic and agile Said-Reza, whose goal haul was astounding over the week-long tournament, has been playing soccer for a while but hasn’t had the chance to play in a more professional or semi-professional scenario.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He has been playing with the Sanayee Development Foundation – the organisation that brought these players together to play soccer – for about four years.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Said-Reza was surprised about the amount of supporters coming to the matches. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“We didn’t really expect this. If we play really well I think we will get even more supporters coming in.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“We want to do well, we want to do even better, so get even more people behind us.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As the Afghan team headed off beside the Yarra, cheered by crowds of exuberant fans waving fans and taking photos, the players can go home safe in the belief that a lot of people are behind them.[/FONT]
    http://www3.homelessworldcup.org/zine/news/carried-by-a-wave-of-fans
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

25. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Eight teams from different zones are playing in the national league now in Jalalabad due to the snowy weather in many part of the country. The teams are:

Group A
    1. Balkh
    2. Kabul B
    3. Herat
    4. Kandahar

Group B
    5. Jalalabad
    6. Khost
    7. Kabul A
    8. Baghlan