Afghanistan Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by stimory, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    You have to contact them, send them your CV and if you are playing at a decent (professional level) you most probably dont have to trial provided you can atleast join the national team setup at some stage.

Otherwise - AFF normally hold camps to give new trials an opportunity to prove their skills. At the moment Afghanistan's abroad list of players are mostly from amatuer (4th tier and below) divisions.

2. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Thanks, I'm very interested in playing for the national team. I'm currently 19 and I'm planning to play for a D3 school here in the U.S., other than that I haven't played for a professional team but I would like to. I couldn't find anyway to contact them, is there a number/email/address which I can contact them?

3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Why hasnt't Faisal Sakhizada played for the national in a while?

4. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Club commitments. He will be there in the Challenge Cup.

5. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    hes a great player who started his football back in Afghanistan also glad we will see him again.

6. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    And he is actually doing well in NPL (Australia Div 2)

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Well he's played twice for them this season cant find anything about his performances though.

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    And also another afghan Iqbal(Iqi) Jawadi is playing for the team on the top of the table South Melbourne FC and used to play for dandenong thunders. I wish Sakhizada could have concinced him to join the team.

9. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Iqi wants to play for Afghanistan but he didnt send his details across to AFF in time for the Dubai Camp. Hopefully next time he can join.

10. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    A new striker will be tested in the match with Tajikistan, but the identity is not known yet. Let's hope we find a quality player in front of the goal.

11. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    #961 edrees, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Iqbal Jawadi is very keen to represent Afghanistan, he is currently being looked at by a number of A-league teams and he is still very young.. he would be a good for the future.

That is interesting, and AFF want it to be a surprise....most probably is from abroad..

only players that come to mind is
    Khalil Faizi
    Mustafa Hariri

The rest seem to be on the same level as what we currently have.. (all play in Div 5 Germany or lower leagues of Europe)

12. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Thats great that Iqi wants to join the national team im almost 100% sure he'll join an A league team soon and hes only 20 years!!! Probably has more potential than Mustafa Amini.

Its great that Kargar is atleast trying out a new attacker I thought he never would. Mustafa Hariri would be a great choice but we don't have too many great attackers abroad so it might be an APL players.

13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
  14. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    May 12: Afghanistan v. Kyrgyzstan
    May 14: Kuwait v. Afghanistan

15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    oh my Allah!!
    :eek:

16. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Not sure about playing Kyrgystan again (Challenge Cup participants) for the second time..... given that there 'might' be a chance to have to play them if both teams progress to the Semi final stage, but I hope the squad is rotated to give all players match practice.

Kuwait - an amazing feat to be able to play a Asian Cup team, Kuwait will give Afghanistan a very good test!!

17. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Does anyone have any information on this? I'd greatly appreciate it, I really want to play for the national team some time in the future.

18. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Phone: +93 (0)752023770. Fax: +93 (0)752023770. Email: info@aff.com.af.

This is on the AFC website, so call / email. goodluck

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    A bit of old news but....
    Haroon Amiri was at the centre of the brawl which ensured the Dempo versus Mumbai game…

Major brawl took place outside the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium after the Dempo – Mumbai FC game as Haroon Amiri and his friends played a significant role.

It all started with Dempo SC coach Arthur Papas and his counterpart Khalid Jamil being involved in a verbal spat during the game. After the final whistle, the Dempo fans chanted ‘Pack your bag and go home’ as they were disappointed with their team’s performance.

Two individuals wearing Dempo shirts, later identified as Amiri’s close confidantes, began abusing the miffed fans. However, peace was restored though Papas refused to turn up for the media briefing without stating a valid reason, as informed by the club’s media officer.

As Jamil made his way to enter the bus, Amiri’s friend in blue Dempo jersey abused him which saw the Mumbai FC players close him down. Jamil asked the assembled police to take action immediately on the said instigator.

But several players then got involved in the tussle before police had to intervene. The commotion was such that more police personnel had to be called in.

“There were some arguments between the players and we sorted it out. The police were deployed for match duty and FOR the security of the players, but they had to sort the commotion,” informed Chandrakant Vileep from Margao Police Station.

Amiri launched a foul mouthed tirade directed at Jamil and even went to hit his former coach. He used provocative language and hurled abuses of the worst kind.

“As a follower and supporter of Indian football, I must say it is very disheartening to witness such an act by top level professionals which certainly was not professional. Amiri was behaving just like the people fighting in slums using profane languages of the lowest possible kind.

“This is bad for Indian football as top professionals should work to flourish the sport in India and not degrade it with such third class acts. People are watching you,” said an eyewitness who claimed to be a Dempo fan.

When Jamil was contacted, he chose to stay mum on the matter while Amiri directed the questions to Papas.

Interestingly Papas denied that the fracas even took place, unlike what the police, an eyewitness and our reporter had to state.

“Well that's impossible bc (because) I left within 20 minutes of full time and I give him (Amiri) lift (back) home,” said Papas.

Dempo fans present at the venue were upset with the result and more so with the unprofessional behaviour of their team, something which has never been witnessed in the past.

20. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Will the match vs Tajikistan be broadcasted?

21. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I assume it will be by Tolo / Lemar TV 4th May at 6pm Kabul time.

22. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I believe Afghanistan frendlies that are coming up will be very telling on how they will do in the Challenge Cup.
    Also in thier friendly with Malaysia did Philippines have their full team or did they play with a domestic squad?

23. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Filos played a near full domestic squad...

In my opinion, they are the strongest team in the cup, much better than Turkmenistan.

24. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    #974 Pelefan, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    I would say that both Turkmenistan and Palestine are equally strong as the Philippines edrees. It is still pretty much up in the air on which team will win this tournament. Turkmenistan will also be adding some very good players from possibly Turkish and Eastern European leagues. They are essentially a European team playing in the AFC. Palestine is also very strong with a lot of good players playing abroad. Afghanistan also has improved a lot with many players based abroad and could play the spoiler's role in group play. In this article the Philippines is only projected to finish 3rd in their group, meaning that he thinks that Afghanistan has a better chance of advancing.

http://www.weglobalfootball.com/2014/04/30/afc-challenge-cup-team-previews-philippines/

25. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Hi guys. I am wondering if anyone here would be interested in joining a video hangout for an hour to discuss THE AFC Challenge Cup. I'm hoping to get a fan from each nation to participate and already have Maldives and Philippines covered. If you're interested please let me know by dropping me a line at footballpalestine[at]gmail[dot]com or @futbolpalestine .

Tentative date is Saturday, May 10th 1 PM GMT