AFC Challenge Cup 2014

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by shayanAFG, Sep 11, 2012.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    "Maldives national football team will depart on April 18th to Thailand to play four friendly matches against local clubs according to Football Association of Maldives (FAM)'s Director of National Teams Ali Suzain.

A friendly match will also be played in Hithadhoo Stadium in Addu City and also in Galolhu National Stadium on May 10th according to Suzain during today's press conference."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152493931077018

2. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Maldives have started their first practice sessions with the new head coach as I write this. Unfortunately, it is with only 9 players. The vast majority of players (some of them picked NOT on merit, I must stress) play for our top 2 clubs, who are of course involved in AFC Cup duties. Captain Ali Ashfaq is with Malaysia Premier League side PDRM FA, but will likely join up with the team in Thailand (and if not, in time for the two friendly matches at home). Drago Mamic says he's going to implement a fitness-centric regime for now as the domestic season got postponed.

3. Maldives

Maldives Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Maldives
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Hamza or "Hampu" is the youngster everyone has been raving about. The kid is blessed with a lot of talent and I genuinely feel that with the right guidance he could become a top player.

Shame we don't have any defenders of that calibre coming through.

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Avramovic, the Head Coach of Myanmar National Team, has today named the provisional squad of 25 players for 2014 AFC challenge Cup Competition. U Soe Myat Min (KBZ F.C), the former national team player and U Aung Kyaw Kyaw(Ayeyarwady United F.C), the former national team goalkeeper are both selected to assist the Head Coach as Assistant Coach and GK Coach respectively.
    The selected team players and two assistant coaches are to follow the training camp programme ,which is accommodated in Myanmar Football Federation Headquarter, at 12:00 a.m. on 23rd April, 2014.

Myanmar National Team Squad

Goalkeepers - Thiha Si Thu (Yadanarbon), Kyaw Zin Phyo (Magwe), Vanial Hruaia (Nay Pyi Taw), Yan Aung Lin (Hantharwady United)

Defenders - Aung Hein Kyaw (Zeyar Shwe Myay), Zaw Min Tun (Yadanarbon), Pyaye Phyo Aung (Yangon United), Aung Zaw (Yangon United), Ye Win Aung (Yadanarbon), Si Thu Aung (Yangon United), Thein Zaw (Zwekapin United), Aung Thike (Yangon United)

Midfielders - David Htan (Yangon United), Khin Maung Lwin (Yangon United), Yan Aung Kyaw (Yangon United), Yazar Win Thein (Yangon United), Min Min Thu (Ayeyarwady United), Nay Lin Tun (Ayeyarwady United), Kyaw Min Oo (Ayeyarwady United), Nyein Chan Aung (Manaw Myaw),
    Chit Su Moe (Chin United)

Strikers -
    Ye Aung (Southern Myanmar), Kaung Si Thu (Yadanarbon), Kyaw Ko Ko (Yangon United), Yan Paing (Yadanarbon)

6. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Inter Milan Legends (and Marco Materazzi) are set to play a friendly against Maldives early next month. They are also charging obscene amounts for tickets. The cheapest ones are available for MVR 500. When you take into account that national team matches don't cost higher than MVR 35, this is simply criminal. Everyone I spoke to are up for boycotting this match unless they reduce the prices, so the organizers would fully deserve it if the match is played at an empty stadium.

Also, what better way to prepare for an important tournament than by playing against middle-aged, retired blokes?

7. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Friendlies
    Afghanistan 0-0 Kyrgystan...
    Phillipines 3-0 Nepal

8. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    Laos... please DO SOMETHING!!!

9. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    from the 8 Challenge Cup nations, I still beleive phillipines to be the fav to win the tournement

10. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
  11. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Aye, I think everyone is finally turning their attentions to this tournament now. There are a few events planned near where I live, with NGOs and fundraising activities involved as a means to bring the people together. All the teams appear to be fully immersed in their respective practice sessions and training camps as well.

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I would love it to face a new country in the Asian Cup, so bring it on :D

13. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    7 of 8 teams... Laos have forgotten they qualified.

14. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    Laos are in a tough group and are set to play all their matches under the Maldivian afternoon sunshine. They need to get their act together, and quickly.

15. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    This is both typical and embarrassing.

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Laos to play friendlies v Khon Kaen (6 May), Nakon Rachasima (8th) & Roi Et (12th) ahead of AFC Challenge Cup

Thai repped this.
  17. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    Familiar foes :D

18. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Hi guys. Anyone here interested in doing a HoA to discuss the tournament ? Goal would be one contributor from each nation. I have Palestine and Philippines covered.

Only requirements are to know your team inside out, be willing to have the video appear on YouTube, and have a steady internet connection. Looking to do this the week before the tournament begins.

Let me know if you're interested!

19. Maldives

Maldives Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Maldives
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what is HoA??

20. Maldives

Maldives Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Maldives
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maldives National Team departs to Thailand for camp, They will play 3 friendlies in Thailand.

21. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    Thank you for asking that question ;)

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Afghanistan have organised 3 further friendlies as preparation continues for the Challenge Cup.

Already played Kyrgyzstan in a friendly (0-0).

May 04: Afghanistan vs Tajikistan (Dushanbe- Tajikistan)
    May 12: Afghanistan vs Kyrgyzstan (Kuwait City - Kuwait)
    May 14: Afghanistan vs Kuwait (Kuwait City - Kuwait)

23. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Hangout on Air. It's essentially Google's term for a video conference. The interface looks like this:

[​IMG]

All you need to run it is a gmail account.

24. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    I'll keep it in mind.

25. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005