AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Mar 25, 2014.

1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    So is he the best player for Kuwait right now?

As for Oman, Ali Al-Habsi will be their key. Maybe Jung Sung-Ryong would learn from watching him.

2. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #77 jinseokyang, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    I kinda like the group
    But more importantly can we please win a fcking Asian cup already? Our international image has gone to shit.
    Japan sent like three players to Germany in the wake of the AC. A Confeds cup appearance does wonders for scouting and publicity and I also want to see us win some goddamn silverware for once. We think it's a crap tourney, but CKR did one thing right in actually sending an A team. Because internationally we can only prove ourselves in the AC (or the WC).

This year will be a little better than previous years. Iran always tires us out and stalemated us in the past five or six years, and last year at least we only got three days of rest in between games.
    But this year the timing is on our side (assuming we get first place in our group). We play our QF match, presumably against either China or Saudi Arabia, a day before Iran plays their QF, giving us 4 days of rest as opposed to their three. And when we beat Iran on the 26th, the day after that Japan will play their semi on the 27th, giving us the one extra day of rest this time, hopefully cancelling out the physically taxing efforts any Iran game will surely bring.

Realistically we could see something like this, though I'd love to see the Aussies meet us in the final like it should've been last year
    [​IMG]
    I'm also still fcking sour about that fcking 2011 AC semifinal. That was our game. Fcking Hosogai's goal that came from a penalty call from a foul outside the box. Japan were not better than us back then and we were pretty even compared to the gulf we see now due after CKR/CKH came around. Can we please set things right this time?

(Huh this is my 4000th post. Cool!)

3. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ji Dong-Won and Koo Ja-Cheol went to Europe too.

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As Keren mentioned, the scouts really aren't gonna buy into a player based on performances vs the likes of India. If they're going to watch, it'd be us vs Australia or Japan. And as I recall, the scout count was very low last time anyway with much of the interest based on other factors (KJC in AG/German agent for Japan)

And conversely this cup will happen at the same time that our existing foreign players may be fighting to earn a regular spot. It ended up not hurting SHM much but the risk of injury or missing opportunities to play due to inj/suspension are out there as well.

5. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    15 hr time difference between New York and Canberra.

Not sure how the match time will be. But depending on the game, us ppl here in Eastern time zone will be looking at a game time around early morning of 12am - 2 am or 4am - 6am

6. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Heard something from Chinese forums about players such as Zheng Zhi and Sun Lei. How are they?

7. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
  9. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Ask the 2-3 people there

Seoul Man, hanul21, Radu Razvan and 2 others repped this.
  10. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #85 griffindinho_au, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Hao Junmin was supposed to be the next Chinese superstar:rolleyes:. No, Uzebekistan and Saudi Arabia look stronger.

11. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think there's much of a difference in quality between KNT at Cho era's height and KNT now.

Also it's during winter break for Germans.

Chingoo repped this.
  12. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Both were very good during the last Asian Cup.

GoonerDoz repped this.
  13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  14. GoonerDoz

GoonerDoz Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Sydney - Bangkok
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #90 GoonerDoz, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    I'll try and go to as many games as possible.

Pity there's no games involving Korea in the group stage in Sydney though!

heyheyhe11 repped this.
  15. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This maybe super old news, but i wanted to post it anyway to bring attention to AFC's decision to merge 2018 World cup qualification and 2019 Asian cup qualification.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/about-afc...o-approves-expanded-afc-asian-cup-finals.html

some key announcement.

1. expansion of 2019 Asian cup participants from 16 teams to 24

2. Preliminary round of world cup qualifying will have 8 groups (doesn't say how many team in a group. assume it's 4 team per group). 8 group winners plus 4 top group runner advance to final round of world cup qualifying plus automatically qualify for 2019 Asian cup.

3. Final round of world cup qualifying will have two group of six teams instead of the previous five. Assuming Asia keeps its 4.5 tickets to world cup, top two finisher of the group directly advances to the 2018 world cup.

4. Around the same time during the final round of world cup qualifying, teams that were eliminated from world cup qualifying from the preliminary round will go through additional Asian cup qualification to make up for remaining 12 spots for 2019 Asian cup.

16. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let's fcking win this

17. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Might as well start looking forward to the tourney now. As for winning it, that will be a tough ask given the shambles our team is in.

18. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man that 2011 AFC loss was rough.

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think it's more important to try different things. We are four years away now, and our players will go up and down but we have to find a system that will be adaptable enough to handle afc bus parkers and give us a chance against WC opponents.

I wouldn't mind some of the failure we've had if I felt like it had purpose but too much of non WC failure was not even having a realistic plan.

20. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i would like to see HMB use different players for this tournament. granted our Euro players for the most part will be available. but we need to incorporate domestic + U-23 players starting now.

21. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Probably gonna call up Cho Yong Cheol and all his other padawans.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Given the inevitable, I wonder if Iraq can even send a squad to this tournament...

23. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm stil extremely sour about that

Also, can we just groom some U20 / U23 defenders into our senior NT like now? something HAS to change soon

24. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    We have a defender at HSV no?