Advice for new hattrick players

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by kopiteinkc, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Let him win the midfieldd :)

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the same thing pretty much, the guy I play, plays a 5-3-2, or a 5-4-1 with CA. So basically what I was planning to do was go at him more with attack. I'm gonna try and break his defense with a 3-4-3, with 3 IM's and one winger. It probably won't go well for me though, my CD picked up his 3rd yellow of the season and has to sit the game out, so I could be in trouble.

Basically the counter attack works for the other team when you dominate midfield. If he dominates your midfield, he won't have countering options. Like I said though, I'm not gonna lose the midfield just to try and beat him that way, I'm gonna go with an all out attack pretty much and hope to just be able to break him down.

3. bigbrooklynlou

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Stupid question. How many yellows does it take before a player is suspended? Can a guy with 2 yellows still play?

4. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Yes. Three cards=suspension

5. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Unless he got them in the same game :D

6. Dynamo Salem

Dynamo Salem New Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Salem, OR
    If I take the option to attack on the wings, will that weaken my midfield enough or make any difference at all?

7. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AOW only weakens central defence... it makes no changes to your midfield rating.

8. puddleduck

puddleduck Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Providence, RI

Could you clarify this for me please? Do you mean that he will get training if his injury status is 1 week or "bruised but playing" on training day?

Or do you mean that he has to play at least one minute?

I've also heard it said on the conferences that the player has to be "bruised but playing" on training day to get trained.

9. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    +1=bruised but training. And all he has to be is that for him to receive training. Bruised but playing means he can start a game.

10. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I'm undefeated, #2, with wonderful team confidence and playing a crap #6 team next week. Should I fire my one psychologist to avoid an overconfident slip up?

11. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're confident enough of their ratings and your own ratings to pull it off, if midfield is going to be close AND you fear their CA ability (CA rating plus their defense vs. your offense to turn away your opportunities plus their offense vs. your defense to finish their CA opportunities), then giving up a couple of points to lose possession (prior to the CA penalty). Otherwise, the best attack you can muster to punch through their defense and a good midfield to feed the attack are what you need. If you've got the wingers for it, you'll want to focus offense on the wings (away from the strength of a 5-3-2).

12. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    On the contrary: I believe that psychologists actually prevent underestimation from happening.

I've got three of them and my confidence has been wonderful since match #1 this season, but I didn't have any overconfidence events.
    Last year I was ranked #7 and played the #3. He won the two matches before our match and his players underestimated mine. He had no psychologists (he told me).

13. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Lost an important goalie for 4 weeks. He's 22 years old. Already have 1 doctor. Will hiring 3 more really put any dent into the 4 week injury?

14. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will probably help some... hiring 8 would help even more.

I had a 18 yr old get a 4 week injury about a week & 1/2 ago. With 9 doctors, he's already back to "bruised but playing". Looks like he will only miss out on 1 week of training.

15. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Does AIM help your midfield rating?

16. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, neither attack redirection tactic affects midfield (or attack) ratings. Only defense.

17. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Hattrick time is +6 hours EST?

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it based on the time in Sweden, the home of hattrick

19. Jimjamesak

Jimjamesak New Member

May 3, 2003
    Anchorage Alaska
    Which is Central European Tine.

20. bigbrooklynlou

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ok Hattrick gurus

What is the effect of Stamina on a player's skills? I'm using Hattrick Organizer to manage my team, and it lists one of my defenders as a good choice to play WingBack defensive. He has a stamina of but the number it spits out for him is comporable to my other defenders with their stamina of 5 and 6. Do I play him, or will the opposing side put in a ton of goals come the second half?

21. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The main effect of stamina is when a player uses playmaking -- if the stamina is below excellent, there will be a falloff later in the game.

There is a lesser effect, though... defenders with less than weak stamina (I think) can experience a negative "tiredness" special event, and if the opposing attacker has better stamina, then he can exploit the tiredness to create a scoring chance.

22. bigbrooklynlou

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Is the tiredness special event also one where the player gets too tired and needs to be replaced? So Craig, do you think its better to play the passable defender / passer with wretched stamina or the inedaquate defender / passer with passable stamina - form being equal?

23. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Transfer market questions. I have a 26 YO keeper who has a TSI of 1770 and is a passable keeper...my team was awful and I spent a modest amount ($100k) over the past week strengthening my squad.

I have a recently promoted youth keeper who has a TSI of 500 and I "weak" keep ability.

I am in division VI and not realistically challenging for anything at this moment.

I have yet to play with the recently acquired players (not sure if there is a "gel" factor for a team"

but wonder if I should not capitalize on selling my keeper to bolster the rest of the team and play with my young guy..or if I would rue the day I gave up my experienced keeper.

24. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    How old is the youth, and what do you plan to train?