Advice for new hattrick players

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by kopiteinkc, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's iffy -- experience and secondaries may play into it. All other things being equal, I think one level of form is not enough to beat a level of skill, the rule of thumb is two levels of form equal one level of skill. Although stars are evil, they can be helpful here, sometimes the rule of thumb is a little off.

2. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    And to answer your second question about the IM. Maybe 500-750K. Try putting him up for the higher amount and seeing if he sells. If not, use the lower amount. At 21, he is kind of old and his primary skill level isn't really high enough to continue to train. Just my $.02.

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanx both of you... 2 great answers to exactly the questions I ask... you should both be professors ;)

I will act on both the more experienced and skilled striker will start despite his form with the youngun coming off the bench in case of injury. I wish we could set up subs in case of no injury at a certain point in the game.

And my Formidable PM is going to be listed at 750k right now... If I get that much it will allow me to expand stadium, buy a really good trainee (really good by my standards), and have enough money left to upgrade my team in case of injury/suspension.

4. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I've read that scoring for midfielders does not matter. Is this true or a load of BS? For instance, all other things considered equal, should a IM with inad scoring be expected to score more than one with wretched scoring?

5. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I have heard conflicting stories about this. Since the goal scorer is essentially determined randomly, but weighted toward forwards receiving credit I would agree with the first part of your statement. But some forward trainers I know seem to think that having inadequate or higher scoring for a mid makes them score more goals.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard both sides as well, all I can say, is that two seasons ago, I had an IM with wretched scoring get a hattrick and end up second on the team in goals. So take that for what you will.

7. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may be that the IM will score more, but it is unlikely that your team will score more. He'll just get more of the distribution of goals -- with an exception:

If he's got any set pieces, then having the scoring could be helpful because he could strike for a long shot special event goal.

8. Dynamo Salem

Dynamo Salem New Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Salem, OR
    OK here is a question.

On the game summery, on the right column there are some ratings of some kind: left wing poor (very poor)

What does this mean?

9. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's an absolute measure of the quality of your left wing attacks. This is what the match engine uses (compared with your opponent's right defense rating) to figure out whether you score a goal when an attack is allocated to your left wing.

You can look in one of the appendices to the rules (entitled "denominations") to see how the ratings scale from lowest to highest.

(The value there is an average over the whole match, the rating can change during the match due to injury or ejection of a player.)

10. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NEwbie question: Are rosters limited 18 players? And when people talk about trainees are these apart of the youth teams?

11. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    skip the roster question

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Skipping the roster limit one like you said, the trainees are youth players, usually between the ages of 17 and 21. These players play with your first team or in friendlies and go up in skills. They come from your youth system, or from someone elses if you transfer them in.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To add to that... you buy trainess who play in the skill you are training... for example... if you are training scoring you would pick up 17-21 yr olds who have decent scoring and possibly a good secondary like passing (this is not what you are focussed on, its a bonus). The idea is, these guys are younger and they will train, or upgrade their skill in the area they are being trained in faster than any other players.

The aim of the game is to train trainees to the point where they are valuable to other teams and sell them in order to beef up your team in areas that you are weak in... for example I train playmaking which is a skill for inner midfielders... my inner midfielders are actually all young and all good for my league but my strikers are not that great. When I get some serious cash I will spend it on a striker or two or perhaps a defender or two.

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A final add on to what he said, you wanna train trainees til they hit 21 or so, you'd don't wanna buy them then. You wanna buy trainees usually somewhere in the 17-18 year old range.

15. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    \

Unless you are buying a high level player. Perhaps buying magnificent skill player at that age. Course, most of us are not in a position to do that.

And the other reason to train past that age is if you aren't planning on selling him, if for instance you are training him for national team duty.

16. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    I'm in debt and I'd like to get out. I figure I should sell this trainee. Should I sell him now or should I train him in other skills?

Moshe Hedrick (44918819)
    18 years, inadequate form, healthy
    A pleasant guy who is tranquil and dishonest.
    Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
    Total Skill Index (TSI): 370
    Wage: 560 US$/week
    Owner: revsfan21
    Warnings: 0

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
    Playmaking: poor Passing: weak
    Winger: solid Defending: weak
    Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

Career Goals: 0
    Career Hattricks: 0
    League goals this season: 0
    Cup goals this season: 0

17. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Check the TL--solid wingers don't go for much so you might be better off holding on to him.

18. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just had my main mid fielder knocked out for 5 weeks. (ugh)

Questions:

How much do doctors cost and what number will be needed to get him back on the pitch quickly?

Does his skills atrophy while he's injured? Form, stamina, etc.

Is it worth a division 6 team to get physiotherapists? What number is useful? What is the weekly cost?

19. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    the most doctors you can have are 10. they cost $1500 each.

well, you've probably noticed his TSI dropped a lot. the only thing that will drop for him (unless he's real old, and that would be just bad luck) is his form due to the fact that he wont be playing any more.

i think it is worth it. i have 6 right now but most people have much less. the weekly cost for them is $1500. All staff members cost $1500 each

god speed healing up your middie :p , im just finally getting my best middie healthy after a 5 week injury

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good luck with the middie, it'll depend on how old he is how fast he recovers

21. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    25. I just hired 3 doctors and 2 Physios. Now I have to write him a get well card ::sigh::

22. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the significance of a players specialty? Head, quick, ect...

23. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    From the Hattrick Rules:

Hope that answers your question.

24. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    To the PM trainers out there:

Have you ever gone out and bought a winger with high winging skill and low PM, then trained em as an IM to bring up PM? And if so, how were the results?

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't do it on purpose, but I had bought a winger who was also inad in PM, well recently he popped to passable PM. I don't know as a whole, but it seems like it may have helped my midfield a little bit. It certainly helped his transfer price evaulation on ht-buddy, it jumped up to over 100K when he got that pop.