Advice for new hattrick players

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by kopiteinkc, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have multiple injuries at another position, this could lead to your winger trainee getting subbed in for the sub at another position. It's better to list no trainees at field positions and your coach at keeper, then you don't run that risk.

2. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Is there a way to find out how close a player is to popping for experience or leadership?

3. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leadership doesn't change (except go down for coaches).

For experience, you can guess at it by checking the cost to turn him into a coach, and comparing with the price range at e.g. Hattrix files.

4. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    So the only way to get players with better leadership is buying them or luck out with a youth pull? Ouch. I was hoping Team Captain might help.

5. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's right. Sorry. :(

6. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    This is a neat trick, but only works if the player has inadequate or higher experience. I'm still waiting for my first player to hit that mark.

7. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I thought I had heard of a website where you can simulate a game before it's played. Anyone have this link or know what I'm talking about?

8. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ

never heard of it and i dont think it exists. it sounds like it violates the CHPP rules for scanning

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's something you can download, the hattrick match calculator, I don't remember where I got it from, but I'm sure a quick google search would get it for you. It's done ok for me in predicting games.

Or at least that's the one that I use, I am sure there are probably more that you can use as well, I just don't know them.

10. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apoc at one point wrote a match calculator that works based on zonal ratings, but it's based on an earlier version of Hattrick and wouldn't take SEs or counterattacks into account. Plus, I don't know if it actually handled attack vs. defense correctly.

11. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm about to have my first game (a friendly) and I'm about to set up my first lineup. Quick question if I have two players of equal strength, one is 25 the other 30, how does HT handle the age of the older player? In other words, am I better using the younger player, or can I push the older one?

12. bigbrooklynlou

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ok, I'm looking around the transfer market. Is it me, or are some people paying waaaaay too much money for certain players?

13. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    In the first two weeks of the season, the market is completely skewed toward the younger players because many of those players will have the opportunity to play for the national teams. Those players (solid+ in a primary) will fetch a million or more. In the third week, they will become much less expensive.

As to your first question, age per se is not taken into account. However, you should look for who has the higher form and possibly experience. Hope that helps.

14. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tactical help?

hey guys-

curious how to deal with a match.. both me and my opponent have wretched offenses and inadequate/weak defenses,, I'm trying to figure out whats the best way to go about the game, so that my offense can get a couple of chances.. would it be wise to go w/ 3 forwards even if formation skill is usually low? (i usually go 3-5-2, was thinking 4-5-4 or 4-3-3).. i'm pretty confident about my defense for this match... any help would be awesome

15. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Re: tactical help?

if you guys are equal, i wouldnt risk the confusion that will ensue (sp?) from this formation change

16. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Win the midfield. With low ratings all around for both of you, winning the midfield will ensure that you will get most of the chances and therefore most of the goals. Play a WTM and maybe an offensive CD if you're that confident in your defense. And stick with the 3-5-2 for now--it's a good idea to use a friendly (or two) to increase you team's comfort with another formation.

17. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

thanks for the advice- the thing is i had almost the same situation last week where the defense destroyed the ofense and i went for the midfield, had like 70 per cent possession but couldn't sneak one through.. i guess just have the team keep working at it until they can get some opportunities>?

18. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great info guys, and thanks for yur patience in answering so many newbie questions as we figure out the ins and outs of HT

I have a weak team in VI, won my first cup game then got soundly thrashed in both league and cup. My team was prett crappy, i went out and spent about $60k, just upgrading positions players, bought about 5 guys, all of whom were better then the guys I either sacked or relegated to reserve roles. I had one league game with my new line-up, and got thrashed by a higher level team.

I have a league game this weekend and then a friendly next week. Here is my question

Am I better off playing the new line-up together for both the league and friendly game in order to get training for everybody at thier positions, or am I wasting the friendly by not training some of my reserves? I am trying to get this line-up to work, and want omaximize training.

I am sure this question warrants more questions, but I am all ears :)

19. LaBella

LaBella New Member

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Hey guys,
    MY next league game and cup are against 2 teams that are FAR better then me.

Am i better off PICing both when I know I'm going to lose?

IF so will this mean I lose more supporters or kill my teams confidence? I get the sense I'm better off long term to PIC but I'm not 100% sure. Also both are at home if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You wanna get as many players trained as you can, if you play your starters in both, then you can lose many training spots for playing the same players. My suggestion is that you play your reserves in friendlies.

21. bigbrooklynlou

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Question on youth pulls. Do you pull what you're training or do you try to pull what you're missing position wise, or pick a position at random?

22. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed... besides, your players don't recieve any additional training by playing 2 matches a week.

23. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Pulls: You get a choice of keeper or outfield. Obviously a keeper should have high keeper skill. Well higher than you'd get pulling an outfield player. When pulling an outfield player you get a player that should be skilled in some of the other player attributes. There is no correspondence between what you train and what appears from the YS, unless you train keepers and pull them.

Kobranzilla: Play the reserves. Maximize training.

24. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only choices are to pull a GK or pull a field player. That's as much as you get to say about what position gets pulled. You pick one, click the button, and hope the guy isn't completely crap.

IMO, if your youth squad is less than passable, you're usually better off pullling a GK, because an Inad keeper is actually worth something on the transfer market.

25. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most a friendly win ever gets you is bragging rights, there are NO in-game benefits. Therefore, it's generally advisable to run out as many subs in the friendly as you can, unless you care enough about getting bragging rights in a friendly to take a chance on reducing your league performance.

Under any circumstances, training is critical to your long-term financial success, and it would behoove you to maximize your training with a full set of trainees (both a starter and backup for each training position). I get $4 million, minimum, for selling a keeper trainee after two seasons of training.