Adu vs Rogers ....Check out time is here now

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by whip, Apr 24, 2008.

1. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I do. He scored 5 goals in about 400 minutes. That's one every 80 minutes, or better than almost everyone in the Portuguese league.

By the way. Did you miss his 4 goals for the USA in the U23 olympic qualifying??? Not to mention he played really well overall during the run of play as well and was by far our best player that tournament...

You are definitely either drunk or a troll just trying to get a rise out of people as you usually do...

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was agreeing with your point of view.

3. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    hmm...

doesn't seem that way from his Adu hate the rest of the thread.

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apparently he likes Rogers better, but agrees that Adu should be getting time at the end of games for Benfica. Those two points of view don't have to be inconsistent with each other. I understand why you might come to that conclusion though.

5. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I never said they were inconsistent with each other.

He says he hasn't seen enough from Adu to deserve 15 minutes at the end of each game. According to you, then he was being sarcastic...which is hard to see considering the rest of his Adu bashing.

EDIT: Oh crap. I missed a key word. He said NOT to give Adu 15 minutes. My bad. :( Maybe I'm the drunk one...

6. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was the original argument that Rogers could take Adu 1 v 1? Adu would DESTROY him. If you're saying that Rogers has had more of an impact with his club(s) then I might concede that they are EVEN in that regard (on and off the stat sheets).

Summary:

1 v 1: Winner: Adu
    Club: Winner: Even...maybe
    International: Winner: Adu

You're upset that Rogers hasn't had as much PT with the NATS as Adu has, yes? I agree Rogers should see more minutes, but the reason he hasn't seen time with them is because he hasn't been playing as long as Adu has (all hype aside, you have to be on the pitch for people to see you). Also, as was stated in the other thread going on Bradley is a little sour on Adu because he isn't playing consistent minutes. So be happy. If Adu continues not to play and Rogers starts consistently then Rogers will get more calls. Can we end this debate now?

7. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    Adu and Rogers have played each other 1 v 1 alot since they were kids and Rogers typically wins due to his speed. Freddy is a better finisher though. Robbie is a better passer.

8. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rule number 1: Read
    Rule number 2: Bitch only when necessary after completing rule number 1.

9. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    So read the rest of the posts and you'll see I misread one word and claimed responsibility for it.

Ass

10. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Huh?

11. Betinho

Betinho New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Miami
    please let us know how you know this? My curiosity is piqued...

12. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMPOSSIBLE. Proof?! I find that VERY hard to believe.

13. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    I Imagine that you said that is imposible that Freddy and Robbie ever play on the same field....Right .??...About performance if we use MLS as a yardstick Robbie is able to change the outcome of his team. Freddy play two teams and he was not a relevant figure on the lineup....

14. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    They played on the same teams from U-17 up starting at Bradenton. How many 1 v.1, 3 v. 3, 5 v 5 etc matches do you think they have had?

15. SDBhoy

SDBhoy New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    Adu has scored at least 1 game winning goal and scored another game tying PK to set up a game-winning PK in a shootout. I say that's a positive impact, and if it weren't for the smelly shenanigans he'd probably have more of those on his resume.

I also see that you... again... forgot to take into account that Robbie Rogers is two years older than Adu. Rogers is amazing, but there is no reason to diminish Adu because of it, they play in two different positions in two different leagues, this is completely unnecessary.

And I don't think anybody has to be worried about looking stupid when arguing with you.

I would imagine a lot... but that really has nothing to do with your claim that Rogers beat him all the time. I'd suggest giving proof.

16. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. Since you seems to have the all-time results from Bradenton training scrimmages committed to memory, you tell us.

17. Betinho

Betinho New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Miami
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnJohn
    They played on the same teams from U-17 up starting at Bradenton. How many 1 v.1, 3 v. 3, 5 v 5 etc matches do you think they have had?

Please do. Even if it goes like "this one time, at soccer camp..."

Are you from Bradenton? Are you the groundskeeper at the academy? Are you a lunch lady there? How do you have intricate knowledge of training sessions? It would be great to have a source like you on BS if so. I'd love to hear your insights on a lot of things. Stop teasing us and give up the goods!

18. Betinho

Betinho New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Miami
    perfect post

19. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. I'm sure they've had many play-dates in Bradenton. I'm saying it's impossible Rogers took Adu to school 1 v 1. If there is ONE thing Adu does better than Rogers it's the ball control stuff. If the two of them squared off for Futsal then Rogers would get annihilated.

If you’re only going to use MLS as a yardstick to compare the two players then MAYBE your argument holds water. However, in my opinion that is being very narrowminded. Adu has better international performances and has scored meaningful goals in meaningful matches for a team not in MLS.

20. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rogers continues to get the job done-another game winner against KC while Adu rides the oine somewhere.

21. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    If we play close attention it is not my intention to face Adu vs Roger on a one is going to win contest but to expose the unfair distribution of coverage in relation of their respective performance on the field. They have a very different stile of playing on the field but it seems to me that there are external factors that are influencing our soccer media and the Adu/ Rogers case is just an example of this unfair practice....

22. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    This is an American boy whooping azzes but I do not heard our soccer media screaming Robbie...Robbie.....Robbie

23. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Adu in MLS>Rogers in MLS... and Im a BIG Rogers supporter... I think his talent is on the level of Jozy and Freddy

24. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    That's what I am talking about ....:D

25. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team: