Adu vs Rogers ....Check out time is here now

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by whip, Apr 24, 2008.

1. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, the category was "The Pen is Mightier". I believe the Penis Mighter was Trebek's "gold mine"

As per BS protocol, here's a link to the anal bum cover episode: http://www.vidstogo.com/player.php?vfname=snl9a&ext=wmv
    and this one has all of them: http://thetravisty.com/Celebrity_Jeopardy.php

FEBTOBER!

2. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    What about Boyan ? he was hurt too....?There is this phenomenon call HYPE and 90 percent of the time it come from agents that have access and influence on the sport media...

3. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Nobody deny that Freddy Adu is an excellent players...Outstanding work within our u20 National Team ...That's it.... Please lets be realistic...Freddy did not have any influence on the results that DC United, and RSL had ...So far that is history perhaps in the future Freddy is going to help Benfica win the Euro Cup becoming the top scorer but that is an EXPECTATION ....not a reality....

4. StarvingGator

StarvingGator Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The Hospital Bar
    Ah, yes. And John Travolta is in association with Scientology by putting big floodlights on his 767 and flying around the country, tricking people into believing in an alien coverup by the government.

That's right! Rogers is better than Rooney!!! It's a cover up! Conspiracy! CIA! NSA!

I'll be making my tin foil hat now.

5. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outstanding work with our U-17, 20, and 23 team actually. More outstanding work in all those competitions than any other player on the field. And I'm sorry but, he has scored goals and provided assists for not only DC, but Benfica as well. So yes, at some point he did contribute to the stat sheet for those teams. But an evaluation of a player is not only in their stats. He does more than just score. He holds up the ball, creates space, and distributes. Is he the second coming of Christ? No.

Don't get me wrong, Rogers is very very good. I love watching him play. However, like it's already been said here: Compare Freddy at 18 years old to Rogers at 18 and you'll find Adu's the better player. Compare their performances in international competition at any time and you'll find Adu's the better player.

Now, I'm gonna go watch me all 50 of those awesome Robbie Rogers highlight videos in a row on youtube...oh...oh wait...

6. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy needs to start getting some playing time with Beneficia or he willl fall behind.

7. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I shouldn't feed the Troll, but...

GP, GS, MIN, G, A, SHT, SOG, FC, FS, C, EJ
    Adu ages 14-18 (Birth 06/02/89)
    98, 69, 6,347, 12, 19, 149, 69, 99, 183, 9, 0
    Rogers ages 19-20 (Birth 05/12/87)
    14, 10, 947, 5, 1, 31, 14, 15, 16, 0, 0

In his first year Freddy played in 11 games, starting 10. Last year (Robbie played in 10, starting 6)

Rogers wasn't even a professional when he was the age that Freddy is now. When he was 15, 16, and 17 years old, Freddy had better seasons than Rogers did at 19.

Yeah... it's all hype.

8. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS

9. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    The kid is under a humongous pressure to show results and Benfica is not the exception .....

10. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida

11. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    you know, cuz 5 goals in like 400 minutes is really really bad...

that's one every 80 minutes! This kid is good. And he tore up olympic qualifying. I don't know what other results you want?

12. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn't wasnt results. He doesn't want facts. He just wants to think he's right.

13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Neither of them are as good as London Donovan right now anywhere on the field. Jesus, LD is tearing it up. Its competition from these guys and other U20's that has pushed Landon to show once again that he's the best attacking player we've got.

For me with the national team right this instant I'd take Rogers over Adu. If Beasley can't get fit and Convey continues his indifferent form, who do we start on the left? With the available choices I'd go with Rogers over Adu (because Freddy can play there after all), Mapp (the perpetual disappointment), Heath Pearce (who can play as a midfielder, but we need him in the back), Holden (who I like a lot, but I think plays better in the middle) and others.

No place for Fredua. Keep in mind I start a healthy Beasley over Rogers......

--------Altidore------
    -------------Donovan

Rogers--Edu----Bradley----Dempsey

Pearce----Gooch-----Boca-----Dolo

------------Howard------------

Then again what the hell do I know?

14. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Rooney>Adu>Rogers. Sorry, but this debate is silly. U-23's Adu was our best player, Rogers was cut for some reason. While Rogers is a good direct replacement for Beasley in a normal lineup, the way Bradley runs the full team Adu would be a great choice for the position.

15. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever the reason-its was a dumb one to cut Robbie if he could play. The 23's looked boring and terrible in almost every game compared to the excitement generated by the WC U-20 team. Hopefully the coaches get their act together. If you followed the Crew game last nite Rogers was dangerous and generated excitement whenever he had the ball. Adu never could do that in the MLS (although Adu certainly does it with the National teams).

I agree though that is a silly debate. These players compliment each other and bring different skill sets. Both are two footed. Freddy is better in tight spaces, Robbie is better in open spaces, Robbie has great speed, Freddy is a better finisher, both have great foot skills, both need to learn more movement off the ball. Robbie is benefiting from Sigi because he is learning some defense. Freddy is benefiting from the Euro experience....

16. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Robbie have show more aggressiveness on every game I have seen him but it seem that he is always out of his natural position on our national team...:confused:

17. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Adu/Rooney/Rogers ....Two overhyped players one showing results ....What are we talking about ....?:D

For one reason or another hype seems to happen but why....? People I take on the subject because I am not in the "loop", I am not afraid if few people get piss off ,

18. SDBhoy

SDBhoy New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    You should go away... you don't piss people off you make people laugh. I would think you are a troll, but trolls usually try to rile people up, you seem content to just make yourself look stupid.

As has been said, the only way to compare them is to look at a situation where they were together... Adu was clearly better at the U20 WC last year, it is so obvious it isn't even funny. As far as not producing... he is averaging over a goal/90 minutes with Benfica.

And until you take into account the fact that Rogers is two years older, you just can't be taken seriously. Tell me Rogers's stats from H'veen and look at how they compare with Adu's at Benfica when they are both aged 18, until then just stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

19. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Somebody is twisting words over here and is not me....(that is embarrassing and really look stupid:D) Freddy play here with two teams ...I did not see any influence on the teams outcome...(DC United, RSL ) so far...so good (If somebody laugh at this statement got to be mentally retarded.... Now, You are saying that he is influencing Benfica outcome on the league right...? ...

20. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS

21. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Freddy-Benfica stuff is getting depressing. What has Di Maria done to make the bench over Adu...you know, besides being Argentine?

22. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    [youtube]NJ2Xj2JLnck[/youtube]

23. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Better contract?

24. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To make matters worse Beneficia does not have a reserve schedule so the kid gets no PT.

25. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    There one factor about Euroleagues and USA players....That they are from USA....:eek:...I still do not see a good reason not to give Freddy at least 15 minutes in every game ...:mad: