Adu Gone? - Le Toux new no. 11

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by totalfootball9, Dec 14, 2012.

1. urchin

urchin SoB

Apr 13, 2011
    Bethlehem, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Helbert Frederico Carreiro da Silva did an okay job of creating, he just didn't have anyone to create for, and then he was gone.

EmeraldDawn and CyphaPSU repped this.
  2. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fred took a lot of flack around here, but I liked him. Our ball movement and midfield flow has suffered ever since he left.

jaykoz3 and urchin repped this.
  3. urchin

urchin SoB

Apr 13, 2011
    Bethlehem, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Agreed wholeheartedly.

4. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like that's been the case with a lot of players. Moreno, Mapp, Harvey, and Ruiz all got more than their fair share of flak from fans, but we suffered once they all moved along. Maybe we should start being more supportive of our players?

BuddhaWake and jaykoz3 repped this.
  5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is BigSoccer.

BuddhaWake and onehandedtyr repped this.
  6. urchin

urchin SoB

Apr 13, 2011
    Bethlehem, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I supported all four of those players through good times and bad. I miss Carlos the most I think.

Whenever a player makes a mistake or puts in a lackluster performance, I just smile and say

Remember David Myrie.

onehandedtyr repped this.
  7. UnionBulldog

UnionBulldog Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Ridley Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree with Ruiz and Moreno being missed but one thing about Moreno that I don't like was his flopping. I know it happens in all leagues and sports but I don't like it regardless. Mapp was ok but was replaceable, we just haven't done it correctly. I thought, as some here have stated as well, that Keon was a better option but ever since he left home without his American Express he hasn't been the same. Harvey was a better natural defender than Gabe but I think they are on similar levels of quality as Gabe is better going forward.

8. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's PPL Park. The piss and vinegar that's spewed on here should never show up on matchday.

Cheer for the blue, boys. Always.

BuddhaWake, aztec21bas, jaykoz3 and 2 others repped this.
  9. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how do you feel about Seba diving all the time? Is it more acceptable because he gets the PK calls? Biggest double standard is giving crap to Ruiz and Moreno for diving, and looking the other way for Le Toux.

10. UnionBulldog

UnionBulldog Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Ridley Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I say anything about Ruiz diving? When we signed Ruiz I was expecting him to be like Moreno but he wasn't. Did he dive occasionally? Sure, but not as much as Moreno. I have stated several times in the past that I actually like us more with Ruiz than without. He simply scored goals. I hated seeing him do it against the US but was glad the US still won. I don't like diving and I know at times it is done. I am not going to get disappointed if it happens now and then but to me Moreno did it to much. Le Toux does dive and I wish he wouldn't but I don't think it is on the level of Moreno.

I think I can recall just about all of our regulars flopping at some point. Marfan does it, Adu does it, Torres does it. Carroll is one player I am not recalling a dive, not saying it didn't happen just that I don't remember it.

Dills repped this.
  11. TonyClarkDOOP

TonyClarkDOOP Member+

Jun 18, 2010
    Oxford, United Kingdom
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF I remember correctly, (do not feel like looking for confirmation), Moreno lead the league or was second in fouls suffered in 2010. We won a lot of freekicks from him.

I look the other way for all divers. Do I like when my team does it, Yes when it works. Do I like when the other team does it, No when they get the call. Diving arguement should be dismissed for all players cause if the MLS Cup final was tied in the 89' and Jack Mac or whomever dived and we won on a PK, they would be happy as f***, as I would too.

onehandedtyr repped this.
  12. UnionBulldog

UnionBulldog Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Ridley Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With diving I am one of those that would like to see something like what the NBA is doing where they are trying to get embellishment out of the game. Diving takes away from the game and I would prefer my team to not do it. If you dive then you get punished. The GIF someone did with USOC game goes to illustrate the exact thing that needs to go.

R1PP repped this.
  13. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, keep making jokes and I'll laugh when he helping them in the Champions League.

14. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    they don't have reserve team champions league.

15. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, because he will be starting for the first team. Gala supporting cast is superior to the bums in Philly with 1/100 of the soccer IQ of the minnows in the Swedish league.

16. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Turkish league supporter is taking shots at our team? That's rich.

17. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    is there a Gala JV team or something? they sure don't need Adu, they could just play with 10 on the field. Philly is so full of bums Adu can't even get on the field. Not counting the captain who plays for the 5th Fifa ranked team in the world.

[​IMG]

not even that, he only follows Adu, wherever Adu goes, that is his favorite team. he must be related or a roadie.

UnionDues and Handsome Pete repped this.
  18. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when couldn't Adu get on the field? Don't be a fool like you usually are. Adu will be an asset to Gala. A real soccer team with players who have Soccer IQ and on top of that Adu is cheap for them. This will be a win-win for the Union and Gala/Adu.

19. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    since when? Since Hack has been the coach.

20. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait till you get your Adu Gala kit.

21. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. That's even better.

22. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adu has been injured, he played when he wasn't. Do not forget, I watched all the games just like you did as I did my homework.

I'll let you know when he's there. I'll get you some links to the games Wake. You can see what Adu does and why he create chances like clockwork.

23. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Anyone can put a name on any jersey. just order it that way. You can get one that says Aduesque even. No need to wait for Adu to play in Gala. you can buy one right now.
    http://www.gsstore.org/urunListele.asp?bolumID=145

btw, always nice to have you back. will you still visit us when Adu is winning Champions League trophies with Gala?

24. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the money is right, we'll all be happy to bid you both Adu.
    Not hating on your opinion (elevated) of him in the least.
    I certainly could see him being the real Turk key...............

EmeraldDawn repped this.
  25. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped hard. Well done.