Adu Gone? - Le Toux new no. 11

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by totalfootball9, Dec 14, 2012.

1. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Is that true? He must have really pissed someone off. Even Lopez saw a few minutes in cup games and in the aston villa friendly.

2. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    If they can move him..fine, but it would be silly to sit Freddy all season especially since he could be good with a target man like Casey.

3. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tend to agree. Despite the BS that comes with him, I think that Freddy could do okay with this team in 2013, particularly if the Union are required to pay all of his salary or a portion of it if he is moved.

4. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I think they've been trying to move him for a while now. I don't think Hackworth wanted to play him, but he had no choice because if he isn't played, then his value becomes squat.

Filthy lawyer. (My wife is also a lawyer. A filthy lawyer.)

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Straight from the Department of Redundancy Department.

:whistling:

:p

KensingtonSC and BuddhaWake repped this.
  6. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    The biggest problem was Hack opening his mouth about it. Then having to switch/clarify what he meant a few weeks back. This club is pure comedy gold. Gold, Jerry!

LuckyStriker, R1PP and Handsome Pete repped this.
  7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BuddhaWake and Handsome Pete repped this.
  8. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Something is bothering me about this whole rumor of Adu going to Galatasaray: Galatasaray is going to knockout stages of the Champions League. They have one of the most prolific scorers in Europe right now in Burak Yilmaz. They're currently 5 points up at the top of the table. Why, oh why, would they want Freddy Adu? We're talking about a guy who could barely make it in the Turkish second division, and needed to come back to MLS to prove himself, and so far he hasn't done that, and the team at the top of all of Turkish football is suddenly going to pay good money for Freddy Adu? Not even one bit of this adds up. Not one bit. As a matter of fact, if I were a Galatasaray fan, I'd be pissed at my management for trying to bring in Freddy when there are countless other better options out there that they can afford.

9. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Rumors are rumors, especially when only 1 person has even mentioned it. and we don't need to say much about that. but my soccer IQ is not as high as others, so...

10. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe Freddy Adu is the Jeff George of Soccer? Managers and Technical Directors see his skill set, the dribbling skills, dead ball skills, and his success with the national team at various levels and they feel like they will be the one to bring out the best in Freddy. Freddy has the talent, that's never been in question. The main question/drawback with Freddy will continue to be focused on whether he really wants to/has the drive to reach his full potential.

11. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Can we sell Adu for what he thinks he is worth rather than what everyone else thinks he is?

Handsome Pete and mattylip repped this.
  12. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no real rumor, just this Aduesque kid. No way Adu goes to a club with any name recognition at all. The kids got an ego problem, and I don't know that he'll ever get close to living up to the hype.

13. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Freddy thinks he's worth eleventy billion of these bad boys...
    [​IMG]
    *actual cash value 1/10,000,000th of a penny*​

BuddhaWake repped this.
  14. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  15. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi looks like Patrick Swayze in Ghost.

[​IMG]

BuddhaWake repped this.
  16. Drippingmilk

Drippingmilk Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Where did you get that from? Adu dominated the Turkish second division, they're still talking about him at Rizespor.

17. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Then why isn't he still there? Why did he have to come back to MLS? I'm sure it was for the money and the prestige.

UnionDues, BuddhaWake and Handsome Pete repped this.
  18. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    [​IMG]

19. TonyClarkDOOP

TonyClarkDOOP Member+

Jun 18, 2010
    Oxford, United Kingdom
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its everyone's dream to play in the Turkish Second.

KensingtonSC and BuddhaWake repped this.
  20. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    I agree, but I also think Freddy plays better with better players around him. I think that explains his success last year with the USMNT in the Gold Cup. I thought he had a strong Olympic campaign too. Maybe that is more apparent with better teams.

21. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    "Hey, that's how I won a World Cup, 2 Euros, and a Champions League!"

- Fernando Torres

22. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jurgen Klinsmann

Osgood1978 repped this.
  23. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Why? Klinsmann would have ignored him just the same here or abroad, as he has.

24. jclampit

jclampit Member

Apr 12, 2002
    And Nowak. I mean, that really is the reason, right? JK + Piotr...

Peter (whether he told the truth or not) promised him the one thing no other team would, the one thing he's always wanted: a chance to finally play at his natural position, as a pro, in a league better than Turkey II.

In fact, given his wages, it was crazy for the Union to sign Freddy in the first place, imho, unless this was your plan and you thought he could pull it off. Why sign him to a fat contract if your plan was to play him in roles where's he's often been inconsistent, as opposed to in the one role where he has generally consistently played well? That's simply a recipe for all-around disappointment. That was my initial thought, anyway. (I've since become accustomed the Union FO doing things that - at least as an outsider - seem puzzling, e.g., don't publicly bash players you'd like to move until *after* you move them...the sequencing is all wrong...it's like some crazy form of general managerial dyslexia...)

JK, meanwhile, told Freddy to prioritize development over making more money while sitting on the bench and/or being played out of position on a bigger team. Find a team that will let you run their offense; then generate assists and goals. Do this and I'll call you in; don't, and I won't.

Both also told him to try and take over games, to put teams on his back like he's done at the youth USMNT level. Hasn't exactly worked out that way, though. And Hack, strangely enough, hasn't seemed to have gotten the memo. ;)

A low to mid-table Superlig team sounds good to me. Freddy's built up some relational and reputational capital over there. And they've got the money to take him off the Union's hands and not bat an eye at his current wage bill. If that were to happen, sounds like a win/win to me, w/ the Union and Freddy both coming out ahead.

25. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    It's not that Hackworth didn't "get the memo" about Freddy. Hackworth feels that a player has to earn his place, and that's something that Freddy hasn't done for Hackworth. That's why he was always left out. You want your playing time? You have to earn it. Cruz obviously has done more in the eyes of Hackworth to earn all that playing time. Maybe it's because Cruz knows how to keep his mouth shut and not go twitter proclaiming his greatness and how the haters won't hold him back. Maybe it's because Cruz put more in during training. Who knows. Either way, salary won't justify a spot in the lineup of Hackworth's team. Work rate will, whether you want to play for the national team or not.

Galatasaray is NOT a low-to-mid-level Super Lig club. They are one of the greatest clubs in Turkish football history. They're not some middling club. If Freddy's going to Galatasaray, who exactly is he going to unseat on a club at the top of the table? He's going to be a big signing for a club who is entering the knockout stages of Europe's greatest club tournament? Where's the incentive for such a club to make this move? None of it adds up.