Adu (by the numbers)

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by yankeeRoyal, Feb 16, 2013.

1. sacpasse87

sacpasse87 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Beijing
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adu still boggles the minds of a diverse audience. One of the many subjects of drunken conversation broached last night at an unnamed Beijing bar with one of my interns went along the lines of "WTF happened to that guy"

In any case he needs both another agent and a paradigmatic shift in demeanor which is more emulative of a Michael Bradley or myself :rolleyes:

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I think the swap Adu for Kleberson has a hidden clause that both can only play as many minutes as the other does.

Mr Martin repped this.
  3. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should have said "youth tournaments and friendlies". Freddy did annoy Puyols in that friendly. Bradley wisely took him out at half time as Freddy was starting to receive an unfriendly-like tackle or two which is not something he is equipped to endure.

4. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    says you. there are quite a few examples of Freddy being pulled and the other team saying thank you very much. The most recent Olympic disaster being freshest in my memory.

5. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Santana is out.

Also, what's the likelihood that Freddy has more run of play assists in his MLS career than Zusi (21 vs 27 overall)?

6. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the games and I knew if Adu was doing what he needed to do, it will play itself out. This isn't the MLS.

7. Akhan786

Akhan786 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Apparently they cleaned house on a number of players but Adu passed the cut.

8. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signing Adu seems the last act of desperate coaches about to be fired. 15 different managers?

9. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like Rosales is coming back.

10. Foolishness

Foolishness Member+

Aug 15, 2012
    Freddy Adu played 30 minutes for Bahia vs Vitoria. Most significant playing time since move south. Latest coaching change could do the trick
    -Ives Galarcep