Adidas Thread [12] - Post info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I like the overall look of the messi adizero, just not the messi branding

2. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about Messi’s boot launch and how the F50 seems to be adidas’ premier silo these days, much more so than the Predator. This led me to thinking about the Predator players adidas has endorsing the boots. I’m wondering if adidas is ramping down Brand Beckham… he had 4 colorways of Powerswerves 5 if you count his 100th cap gold colorway, then 3 Predator X colorways, 2 adipower colorways and now down to what looks like 1 LZ colorway. Does he still have the marketability to demand his own exclusive colorway? There are some quality players wearing Predators but who’s the next global icon for the Predator silo ala Zidane/Beckham. Quality and style in equal measure are ultimately what make or break a silo, but star power never hurts…As great a player as he is, I just can’t quite see Xavi fronting the Predator brand the way Beckham has or even the way Zidane did as a player and now with his cameo appearances for the brand after his retirement. Who am I overlooking as the next Predator Icon?

b0sk1 repped this.
  3. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There isnt anyone really who 'fits' with the traditional predator image now, most big players use the adizero/vapors. Others who would be good contenders like van persie or swinestiger like to wear their choice and not the lastet colour for money.

There are a lot of people who wear the lz's but not got a face for advertising.

Gerrards getting on so no point in making him the face

4. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Montolivo? If he develops into the player people thought he would.
    Pjanic? Mata? Oscar? Di Maria?

5. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wouldn't consider mata or oscar 'predator' poster boys, such on how they play the little touchs, the balls into space etc.. Whereas someone like the van persie I would put as the poster boy,

Di maria spends more time on the ground so there would be plenty of close ups of the boots.

Montolivo could be..

I also think what beckham promotes sells, So even if he only gets one LZ 2.0 it will sell only if henri lansbury buys it

6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Toni Kroos would be my choice for the 'predator' range.

7. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    kroos? I see him as a adipure wearer... which he continues to wear the IV in the white/blue

8. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Aren't they trying to push it as a control type boot now though, a rival for the CTR, rather than the Laser. I wouldn't be surprised to see van Persie as the front man for the Nitrocharge.

9. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yea, I guess so just at least for me. It will always be a power boot, we will see when the nitrocharge comes out, is it just me who would feel kinda stupid telling people if they were to ask what the boots where?

sounds more like an energy drink

10. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've worn Predators since the Predator II, so I'm a fan of the boot and that little bit of extra grip that they provide, so I'm hopeful that they don't get done in by the success of the F50 adizero or the Nitrocharge; like it appears that the T90 Laser has fallen victim to the CTR 360 Maestri. I feel like there is a big enough difference between the Predator and the F50, but the Nitrocharge does have me feeling that adidas is chasing Nike down the wrong path. Especially when I hear so many adipower fans saying that they're looking forward to the Nitrocharge release. I don't know if I'm just sentimental, but when I think of adidas soccer/football the first thing that comes to mind is the Copa Mundial and the second is the Predator. I guess I'd just hate to see the Predator flushed because adidas can't deliver the boot that players want or can't get the right marketing behind it.

Nasri A Gunner repped this.
  11. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone seen the sun today? Becks had a different lz colourway on, looked likt the red colourway from ages ago but with navy.

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  13. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    serginhobertholi repped this.
  14. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    So we're looking for a handsome man playing for a top club? Preferably one with a penchant for strikes from distance and a pop star girlfriend?

Step forward ....

.... ?????

15. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ME!

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can just see Becks on the miadidas website getting his credit card out to pay for his creation.
    I think they look good, but they pretty much the same as the red colourway that was out earlier in the season. I bet Adidas were wishing they could have designed him something that stood out a bit more. Although as its already been said the boots were all over twitter and in todays national papers so they did the trick. I was surprised with how long he wore the pink colourway it was like Adidas never wanted to update the 'Beckham range'.

appleCORR

Dr. Boots repped this.
  17. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I have a question about the new leather F50 Adizero. How is the touch/fell on the ball? I'm interested in them seeing as they can accommodate wide feet, but at the same time I'm thrown off by the sewn on synthetic Adidas logos.

18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If only my career had not been ravaged by injury.

I thought they looked way too much like my red pair. I think a white or a navy base would have been better. Either way, the LZ is a pretty nice shoe, I am really looking forward to the second model.

The boot is pretty wide and the leather is soft so I am sure you will get a good feel for the ball, as for "touch".... that is on you.

The strips are the only "off" part, IMO. They are almost like plastic "drive" zones taken from the LZ. They look sort of strange on the boot.

AllanBhoy repped this.
  19. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yeah, at first I thought he was just wearing that old colorway. I didn't get the supposed PSG colors connection with them at all. I think something like this would've been much classier and conveyed it better:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Zaghe and Dr. Boots repped this.
  20. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Oops, didn't word my original post properly. lol

Are they slick/slippery? Cos the zones on the LZ (which I really like for that matter) are really abrasive/sticky.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  21. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Just a little bit of a heads-up for the UK folk, the adidas outlets seem to be dropping the prices on the Leather F50's from last generation.

There were these for £49 in Castleford with a load of sizes left - thought they were worth a shout for anyone who's looking to stock up!

Attached Files:

22. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The zones on the LZs are only 'sticky' for the first few wears and then the rubber fins get worn down a little and the shoe moulds to your foot and they are a fantastic boot.

If we are thinking about the same bit on the adizeros, there are some thick leather adidas stripes stitched onto the boot which i think makes them look really cheap, but everything else is flush to the boot and not sticky in anyway its just paint job so its completely smooth and wont ruin your touch.

You will also find that the synthetic adidas are using now has a lot more give in it than previous models so you might want to try on that version. I think the boot design is better suited to the synthetic model but thats just my opinion.

appleCORR

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the double post ... but is Messi ever going to wear his signature boot? I'm pretty sure i saw one of the West Ham players wearing them in last nights game. I could be wrong but they looked like it. I thought he would have worn them tonight?

appleCORR

25. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I've worn my LZs about half-a-dozen times or so and they've formed to my feet perfectly but the zones still feel very sticky/abrasive on the ball to me.

I totally agree with you regarding the sewn on strips. That's the only thing throwing me back about the boot and making me consider the previous generation leather F50s.

I'll take a look at those when my local shop stocks them (we get everything later in Canada). Thanks for your recommendation!