Adidas Thread [11] - All Adidas info, pictures, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmartay09

Jmartay09 New Member

Dec 25, 2012

Please pardon my poor grammar and spelling in this last post:).

2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I gave up trying to find some AG LZs, and got Nike CTR360 Trequartista III iDs, since I could get them in wide and AG. They didn't even have any AG LZs at PDS's UK site at the time, although I see they have since added some though they only have the Absolion and Absolado and not the Black/Black/Green colorway. If the Black/Black/Green ever comes out in AG, I'd still buy a pair.

3. Jmartay09

Jmartay09 New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I wish I could enjoy the Absolion or the Absolado. I may have missed this in the last 31 pages, but has it been discussed why Adidas has decided to withhold so many boots from the States? That Adidas wouldn't offer upper end AG's and SG's here in the US seems strange to me. With so many of the surfaces in the Pacific Northwest being either soggy wet fields or artificial, I can't believe there isn't a market for them...

4. Jmartay09

Jmartay09 New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    On a separate note...

Has anyone tried on the Nitrocharge? I'm curious as to whether it fits like the LZ. I have narrow feet, after a couple of weeks in the LZ's the row of shoelace eyelets on either side of my foot(across from each other, on each side of the tongue) are practically touching when I lace them tight due to some stretching. The NC's appear to have less "built in" space between the rows of eyelets(same with the new LZ's), I'm wondering what impact this might have on fit.

Speaking of narrow feet, the Predator Incurza, a rugby boot, has extra eyelets that allow for more lacing options for the narrow footed, I'd love to see that on new soccer/football boots.

5. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One of the members is receiving a pair soon. I personally found the LZ to be quite narrow anyway.

6. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccer.com had the Predator LZ AG's a while back, I checked over the holiday and they look to have sold out.

7. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When are the 2013 LZs released? I'm sure I've read summer somewhere on here, but just wanted to double check!

appleCORR

10. Jmartay09

Jmartay09 New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    For those of you interested, Pred LZ AG's just went on clearance overseas, $192(so much for clearance) after dollar to pound conversion. Just ordered a couple pairs fearing the AG outsoul might not be forever.

Also, the Predator LZ XTRX SG is on clearance on PDS UK for 147.00 after shipping. Not bad:)

11. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    June/July time I believe.

July is set to be a HUGE month in boot releases. The hypervenom, NitroCharge and the LZ IIs. Looks amazing.

12. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I dont see the difference between those Hypervenom's and Mercurials. They look like a boot from the same silo.

Of course though, Nike will come out with a marketing slogan that people will believe.

SSFC5 repped this.
  13. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the same, but until I see the proper specs I'm not willing to write it off.

14. LNSC Cr

LNSC Cr Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I'm really looking forward to hyper venoms since i love the vapor 8 upper, but got too much stud pressure to make it worth it. The hyper venom to me seems like vapors with conical studs

15. SymbolHazard

SymbolHazard Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Does anyone know which "messi edition" adizero the soccerreviews boot calendar is referring to that comes out in January? Is it the red/white colour way or that terrible red/blue?

16. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^I think the terrible one.

17. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    red/white

18. SymbolHazard

SymbolHazard Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh I see they updated it with the specific colourway, thanks

19. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I'm not doubting you at all Jon, but I find it weird that Adidas would release the new LZ's and nitrocharge's in the same month, is there some sort of reason for this..?

20. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I doubt they'll be released in the same week, say. Jordon is the man to talk to about this stuff.

I believe there is an explanation behind it though. Isn't there a major competition next Summer? Is it the South American one? I don't know for certain, but that may be a possible explanation. But I don't think the LZ II release is going to be marketed as a 'completely new boot' anyway, instead I envisage it to be like the Nike Mercurial Superfly II --> III. However, where someone may argue against this is with the fact adidas are set to market the LZ as a direct competitor to the Maestri. But I'm 95% certain the NitroCharge will be the main focus by adidas this Summer, especially with the Hypervenom being released and marketed for Strikers.

If I was to place a bet though, I'd say the NitroCharge's will be released end of June, and LZ IIs middle of July, in time for Pre-Season, or vice versa. I'd also bet that there is going to be a HUGE push by adidas for the NitroCharge. A gigantic one. I may be completely wrong here, but I've heard one or two whispers that the NitroCharge will have some features that are going to be adapted and implemented on the other adidas boots. Similar to Nike ACC.

The whispers about the NitroCharge are making me very excited though - just need Mercurial to get them and see whether he can confirm whether they are true.

So to clear everything up, here is how I see future adidas releases for 2013 (this is just a few whispers I've heard though, nothing concrete like Jordon's information on the boot calendar):

January - Messi exclusive colourway, to be worn by him until end of February time.
    March - Final LZ colourways, standard colour updates for all adidas boots
    June/July - NitroCharge + LZ II. New colour updates for all boot ranges (not mentioned by Jordon for some reason)
    September/October - Fall colourways for all adidas boots
    December - New AdiPure to be seen on feet of wearers, Schweinsteiger etc.

Footballer-7, jayc23 and Mercurial4991 repped this.
  21. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Thanks for the great info Jon, looking to get a pair of Nitrocharges to try out too. looks interesting as hell, although i'm still quite interested to know what that 'band' is all about.

22. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone from here buy the red pair from the store I linked?

23. MDork

MDork Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Adidas 2013 men's releases + turf boots with micoach + ucl balls
    [​IMG]

b0sk1 repped this.
  24. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aside from the green LZs all of those are really good.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  25. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Picture doesn't work I'm afraid.