Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not at all pal. I'd really really like to try a pair of Mizunos. Thing is, I'm not prepared to buy second hand ones or from abroad so it's a no go really. PDS don't have the Japan ones in my size either.

2. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep, 6 months guarantee. They're alright with it really. But just shying away from adidas again now. AdiPowers and AdiZero miCoach durability problems. Performance wise, they're both fantastic. Durability = no go.

Such a shame, finally felt settled in these boots and now I'm going to have to consider another brand. Feeling some Powercat 1.12 but unsure, they seem a bit bulky. Will probably get some KL Laser IVs knowing me.

Really want to try Puma but I'm unwilling to make that jump across from the main two brands.

3. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You know, we saw the new pures coming when the wc was on...

Kaka's pures with the conical studs!!

4. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aye, you're right. Good shout. If somebody can find a pic..............................

5. SindreV

SindreV Member

May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  7. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    yeah but the stud layout is way different

8. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I think it was just Kaka being Kaka. He hasn't worn anything close to standard issue for a long time.

9. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I guess I can look on Getty, but I thought his adiPowers were pretty standard....He really started custom jobbing his boots beyond extra stitching when he wore the adiPure line. He had a higher heel tab on the original, and then had a true tongue on the II (as did many pros) along with the heel tab, and then we see his choice in the III. I think he was injured for most of the IV's run before the adiPower. Oh, and he also had a full k-leather boot on his where the II and III had some synthetic in the mid foot and heel.

I would guess those rounded studs were b/c his knee was shot at the World Cup (followed by his career), and the sports med world seems to think that blades hurt the knee. Or they were trying an early version of the Sprintframe on the adiPure. I think someone pretty much established that this outsole was either the Copa outsole with other colors or the outsole from the Telstar version of the III.

10. jingerbread

jingerbread Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Tampa, Fl.
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I see nothing wrong with that colorway for once.

11. Jackal_17

Jackal_17 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey JC,

I actually read somewhere that the Copa were Kaka's favorite boots and he wanted his Adipure to pretty much mimic it, hence, the conical sole plate.

12. circle

circle Member

May 12, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    what number are you calling?

13. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I never saw that article or quote, but it is totally possible. I know I have seen Kaka using the Copa and World Cup a few times for Milan and Brasil. He wore the World Cup model in a friendly with England a few years back (2007?), and Footy Boots was trying to incorrectly say that they were a disguised adiPure he was testing (at that point Kaka was in Preds, and the adiPure line was still a few months away). I think I recall a couple matches and training sessions for Milan in Copa's as well....I think he wore Copa's when he was waiting on MTM models of the Preds or Pures (if his pair ripped or broke down, which says a lot about the ability of the Copa line to just work without being MTM).

I know Lampard has said he liked the adiPure because it reminded him of the Copa and World Cup, which he wore growing up. He is another that had the heel tab raised to fit more like a Copa. This can be seen on his match worn boot photos that float around a bit.

Becks also wore Copas to train with Milan when he was unhappy with the Pred X and adidas had not sent him a new custom pair with PowerSwerve features (outsole and heel counter) and a tongue/all leather upper.

Yeah, please make that info public. I have a pair of adiZero I's that are hardly used and they toe split. All I want is a Copa for a replacement at this point, unless they want to give me a leather pair of the Barca colored miCoach model.

14. cleatsfan1103

cleatsfan1103 New Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Spamer!!!!!!!!!

15. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    get out of here you fake selling douche.

16. aries7

aries7 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ^

LOL! you know a webstore is legit when they are calle newmessif50 but has a nike logo as the web logo, vapor ads on the left, and sell their shoes with a mi adidas box.

How do you even make it so blatantly obvious that your items are fake and still expect people to be scammed into buying your crappy knock offs? I mean, 80 bucks for fakes isnt even cheap.

17. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am trying to decide between getting a new pair of Umbro Speciali 3's or the 11pro's. The sole plate on my 2 month old adizero's is starting to crack near the upper by the front inside stud on the right boot. I think it's from playing on 3G artificial grass so much. My season starts in two weeks and even though they'll probably last me another two months I hate switching boots in the middle of the season, not to mention in the middle of a game.

As of now I am leaning towards the Speciali 3's. I have heard really good things about the K-leather and that sole plate/stud pattern looks great for both FG and artificial grass.

There is just something that I don't like about the 11pro's. I can't put my finger on it. I want to like them, but something about them just seems to rub me the wrong way.

Any thoughts?

18. sleithelbizzle

Sep 13, 2011
    Montrose
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i personally prefer the look of the pures and the sole plate with the conical studs is a thumbs up for me too as i loved the sprintframe on my adipure sls but when i played on 3g did feel weird to start with but i think the conicals will be better on 3g. Also is the specialli not kanga-touch? umbros version on kanga-lite. i don't like the feel of kanga-lite on the ctrs much and would prefer taurus leather over it.

19. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know a lot of places say it's kanga-lite but it's actually kangaroo leather.
    The Speciali gives players an upper that consists of a K-leather strike zone, for supreme feel and touch on the ball. Umbro also offer a microfiber through the heel to reduce weight and improve the boots overall durability. A soft micro-fiber collar lines the ankle line for improved comfort http://www.soccercleats101.com/2012/01/29/umbro-speciali-3-in-blackblue-released/

I like the look of the white/orange 11pro, and the adizero-esque stud pattern. I think it's the durability of the boot that worries me. I don't doubt that they will perform great but I am just worried I might fall in love again and then a couple months later have my heart broken. I've been burned before...

20. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Kaka/Copa Mundial post above reminded me that this year is the 30th anniversary for the Copa(released prior to, but designed for World Cup'82).
    It's amazing that it's still in production when you think about how many boots have come and gone. Has anyone heard about any plans from adidas for any kind of special editions like the 25th anniversary reissues and CM25 street shoes?

21. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The 11pros aren't great by all accounts. I'd wait till more reviews come out.

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have not, but that doesn't mean it is out of the realm of possibility. I would love to see it considering that I missed out on the 25th model...I know sacrilegious considering my love of classic boots. I waited for the price to drop and then my size sold out.

Where have you heard this? I have not seen anything yet, but some of the retailers I spoke with have said they thought it was really a good shoe. Personally I am very interested in them, not just as a review shoe, but a potential shoe to have in my regular rotation, if they work well considering they tick a lot of my boxes on paper.

As an aside, I picked up a new pair of Copa's and World Cups today...The leather on the Copa/World Cup is better than previous models, more in line with the feel of the Moreila Japan to the touch. Granted my last Copa was bought in 08 and still going strong, these just seem to be a touch above the older models. Same with my newly acquired Mundial Team despite the Team not being German made like the Copa/World Cup.

Despite my old Copa's still being great, I have decided to size up a 1/2 size in all my boots over the last year or so because I have been destroying my feet wearing generally what is 2 sizes smaller than my standard dress shoes in my boots. Four ingrown toenail operations have been enough. I finally got around to replacing the Copa's for a slightly less tight model, that is still super tight by any normal standard.

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have seen the catalog with the upcoming LZ Preds and the summer colorway releases...big news, unless I missed someone else reporting this, and if so, I am sorry.

The leather adiZero will have a repeat of the blackout with warning colorway from the first model, and it will be released in August of 2012, which I presume means it will not be a release that is designed to make viewers think that black out test models seen on TV are the current shoe.

In addition there is a black model with silver sprintweb and volt...and a white black and lime Messi model.

The synthetic will have a repeat of the white-out with blue from the fist adiZero, and the other synthetic looks like an inverse of the current Barca colorway.

The 11Pro have a white, black and blue model, and the blue, white and red that seems to fall in line with the LZ launch color.

24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The LZ will surely be the new Pred as we all know...but here is the kicker, it is not competing with the CTR, per say, it is more of a shoe to compete with the Total 90.

There will be a 4th silo launched from adidas in the coming year (holiday or early 2013) that will focus on the being direct competition for the 360 line........Sadly, adidas is doing exactly what I said, chasing Nike, and not being adidas. At least there will always be the Copa line.........

Oh and the LZ looks, ok, from a design perspective; it could have been a great shoe if done in leather. Also, don't expect a traditional Predator colorway from this model, it most likely isn't happening.

25. zkw90

zkw90 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah I just saw pictures of the catalogue, although it only had the Absolion / F30 models but the colours are the same.

To be honest, the upcoming AdiZero colours aren't great, the black/silver/volt one is decent but the others look terrible. The Blue / Infrared / White 11pro's look really good.

The Predator LZ colourways aren't too bad, red/black/white one looks quite nice and I think it's the best out of the bunch.

Adidas are definitely using the Bright Blue / Infrared / Running white (LZ launch colourway) as their Euro 2012 scheme.