Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have the adidas originals version in the white/navy as well as the black long tongue version. I wear the white ones as my everyday shoe. I've used them in futsal before but while the upper is pretty good, the insole is terrible. I got the worst blisters using them. The insole is glued in but you can take it out if your careful with it.

The main differences between the two are the tongue, they are different types of foam and the longer tongue has little ridges on it , and the material on the adidas originals shoe where the lace holes are is made of synthetic leather vs real leather on the long tongued version.

2. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jc18star repped this.
  3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hahaha....you could always start to wear boots that aren't exclusively black, that would open up your options. I kid...I kid.

Nice work on getting those for your boys, a good looking classic shoe.

b0sk1 repped this.
  4. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So true.

Jc18star repped this.
  5. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    These are listed as F50 here
    Doubts abt weather they are top tier.....Would i be right in saying that the top tier had "adizero" on the outside of the boot? roughly where the wee toe would be?
    Is that the easiest way to distinguish between the tiers?

6. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those aren't top tier. You can tell by the heel counter. But what that dude is selling is the studs/cleats, not the boots. Can't tell if you are aware of that by your post, or not.

7. wxcblue

wxcblue Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Cardiff, Wales
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    i'm pretty sure he is selling the boots, studs is what we call SG over here in the UK, there's often shouts across the changing room on a saturday afternoon, "studs or moulds today?"

Kalouda repped this.
  8. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh.. alright. I guess that makes sense since we call boots cleats here. Either way, they're not top tier. :)

9. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Thanks didnt think they were top end.
    I dont read it as only being the studs....im guessing they are meaning SG.
    Not bidding anyway.....just wanted to find out abt differences in the tiers , cheers
    W

10. NoobC

NoobC Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They are the F30. You can generally tell by the soleplate, the f50 are a one colour soleplate, the F30 have lines running through them.

11. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Ordering some LZ's tomorrow.
    I already have some MV8's in FG, so I was going to buy my LZ's in SG.
    But now I'm wondering whether I should buy the FG LZ's so I can get a little more use out of them.
    Could anyone tell me how the FG soleplate performs on soft ground?

12. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's okay, but there really is no substitute for soft ground studs on soft ground.

13. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just get a pair of sg, then you are covered. Nothing worse then not having any ready getting to a pitch that is a mud bath and sliding all over the place, you cant get your into the game

14. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I suppose. I'm just paranoid of not being able to use them as much as I want. But then again I live in England so I'll probably be using them a lot due to our weather.

I'm still not sure whether to get the blue launch colourway or the white/black colourway.
    I've been leaning towards the white ever since I first saw it but I'm still unsure.

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Strange thing is no one is wearing them, everyone is still in the launch colour way, yet theres blue,red,white and gold out..

16. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Yeah I've noticed that. I know a handful of players have been wearing the red ones. And obviously Beckham has been wearing his own colourway.
    But other than that everyones still in the launch colourway.

17. sleithelbizzle

Sep 13, 2011
    Montrose
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Carragher wearing the red lz's that are the darker shade like xabi alonsos! Surely must be a k leather version made just for the pros specifications.

18. RageXI

RageXI New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    What colour does everyone prefer?

19. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    torn between white,blue and gold.

i need some sg for the season too aha. its either lz,legends or maybe the seaweed sg pro vapors

20. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    depends what you want, found the SG pro a really versatile sole plate - while the LZ has a lot more gimmicks

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't blame players for wearing the launch colourway of the the LZs I think they look great, although I have to say the beckham colourway looks best. The colours since the release colourway are a bit rubbish.

appleCORR

22. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I reckon we'll start seeing the new colours en masse at the end of this month, I think both of them were marketed as the Champions League colourways, so once the draw has been made and the first games are coming up, players will start to adopt 'em.

23. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    I get like that too. I like getting new boots and wearing them everywhere at first, training/games/5's/7's. When you get sg's they just sit there until it's horrible outside haha. Sometimes I doubt the extra couple mm actually help on Saturday/Sunday morning pitches that are boggy mud baths.

24. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    its more the gaps between the studs which have a more spread surface area, which means the pressure goes on specific points rather than centralised ones. If you wear HG boots on really wet pitches it means they grip the surface way more and end up hold on to the mud more, while an SG one will allow less grip on the mud on the boot etc etc