Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    data saves on the chip and then you sync it when youre done playing

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was actually going to mention the fact that in most World Cups players were wearing World Cup/Copa boots, at least before 1998 when Nike pretty much bought the CBF and everyone on the team bar Rivaldo and Dunga. Nike's influence turned the football boot market into the American basketball shoe market, at even more inflated prices with more limited use and no value for the dollar spent. You can at least wear Jordans as a casual shoe too, which you can't do with a Vapor.

I agree that boots are getting worse and worse, all in the name of "improvements" which really are just planned obsolescence tactics; for what it is worth the Predator X is the worst Predator ever made if you account for the era in which they were released. That is why I said fashion vs. style....there is a saying that goes "fashion is temporary and expensive, while style is inexpensive and timeless", or something along those lines. That holds true here, all these new boots are "fashion" items, aka new designs, colors, materials and so on which are rapid fire released, and then given a full overhaul, while being touted as the "best boot we have ever made" in less than 24 months (sometimes as soon as 10 months). True classic boots are "style" items meaning they are made from quality material, they look timeless, they last beyond their retail cost (equalling value), and they never look out of place. I have never seen anyone look at a player and go "he is wearing Copas, he better be good enough to justify it". I have seen plenty of that reaction when someone shows up in orange, pink, or lime green boots.

The Copa's improvements have always been functional, and the only real "fashion" changes to them was the print on the heel tab and the tongue tab where it folds over. The modern boot market exists because of the Copa, bottom line. The Copa was the product that Adi Dassler worked on directly....and arguably it is the last really incredible product that adidas has produced from top to bottom.

And, the adiPure line has been the most disappointing series other than the Tunit in recent memory. There was so much potential there, and it went to crap, really from the first boot on, bar the III (which I can still nitpick a lot).

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  3. FootballerSeven

FootballerSeven New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart, Tasmania Aus
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Fair to say Copa's it is then! Appreciate the input, cheers!

4. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The only complaint I have with the copas are that the insole is a bit too thin, and you can't remove it either..

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Copas are great boots if you get the correct size. I made the mistake of getting mine with a bit of room in them when really i should have gone a size down. After id worn them for a while they over stretched so my foot was forced out to the side of the boot.

I agree the insole probably could be better and im sure Adidas are aware of that, guess they dont want to change anything about the boot and keep it like its always been.

appleCORR

6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The insole is quite removable. It is glued in and not very dense so if you opt to take it out you run the risk of ripping it a bit if you don't use care, but it can easily come out.

I am not a cushion insole type of guy, so it doesn't bother me but I can see how some people have expectations above what is in there.

On the topic of insoles I think that is one area where adidas have nailed it and Nike has failed is the texture and quality of the material used. Nike insoles blister me much more than adidas and they don't allow your foot to interact correctly with the shoe through your sock (curling and flexing your toes).

7. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They both slip which is a shame for me. Adidas ones are higher quality in my eyes, but both Adidas and Nike tend to slip in use.

8. jsm7

jsm7 Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    adizero insoles, either the comfort or lightweight ones, they both rip up my toes. Just over and over and it hurts so bad and gets raw. I had to double sock and double insole to get rid of that problem, but doing that my arches hurts, and my achilles area gets really sore. The sacrifices i had to make...

9. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Sounds to me like you have the wrong size.

10. jsm7

jsm7 Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    too big? too small? I have 8s. i tried 7.5 on and they just seemed way too tight and 8.5 are too big. Just weren't the shoe for me.

11. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If anyone is going upto cheshire oaks, they have the black/blue/yellow predator sl's in for £99.

Few pairs of adizero/adipower and 11pro's for around the £75 mark

12. ThisIs

ThisIs Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Am I the only one who thinks adiPower is much better boot than Lethal Zones!?

Mercurial4991 and Kalouda repped this.
  13. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think a lot of people feel that way.

14. b9enaldo

b9enaldo Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Florida
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the adipure III is one of my favorite boots of all time. I wish there were more available out there. I haven't had a chance to try the 11pro, but the reviews have seemed very mixed.

David89 repped this.
  15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone wear samba's for indoor? what upper do you have? all leather or the suede upper?

I'm torn plus i like the look of the LZ indoor trainers too =/

16. wxcblue

wxcblue Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Cardiff, Wales
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
  17. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, feeling the white/leather short tongue versions

Jc18star repped this.
  18. atomicskiracer

Jun 1, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer my adipowers to my manias...and Ive owned a pair of mania's since they came out. As others have pointed out, durability is an issue, but i love these boots.

19. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    AdiPowers or Synthetic AdiZero miCoach... Which one should I get? Really struggling to decide. I'e had both before and feel these boots are the ones that fit my feet best. Any help?

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I picked up a pair right before I tore my ACL as I was planing on using them for training on tennis courts/concrete. I like them quite a bit....they seem to be a shoe that is getting sidelined for futsal shoes that are not as stable or made of mesh. In America the short tongue version in part of the adidas Originals line, while the soccer line has the same shoe with the massive tongue in both black and white as the main color. I found the short tongue version to have softer leather out of the box, especially in the black color way. The Samba K which was the kangaroo version of the Samba is no longer around sadly and that was an incredible shoe, the short tongue Originals model is close but still not as soft.

RvP seems to rate the Samba that you like as well.

b0sk1 repped this.
  21. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that took me back! I think it originally had the trefoil on the tounge? Then changed to one similar to the copa?

Jc18star repped this.
  22. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, the tongue on them was/is huge.

That video is the reason why I'm intrested in them, I'm not keen on gatos/elastico/adi5/sala etc..

but those tick the box's for me. Plenty on ebay too

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yep....it was "the" indoor shoe to have when softness was valued more than anything. The Copa Indoor came out and sort of pushed the Samba K out of the limelight and adidas killed them off in the mid 2000's. Sad really, they were great shoes and a good value, they were about $70.00 retail towards end which is fantastic for a k-leather boot.

24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    tilburysoccer repped this.
  25. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just been looking at some on ebay, thinking about blacking them out...

though im watching some black/warming suede ones too that look just like the adipower colourway,