Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giovinco2011

Giovinco2011 Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Does anyone know if adidas is going to release the new adizero white/white/blue in a leather version?

These but are they releasing a leather version?
    [​IMG]

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think they are only available in synthetic version.

appleCORR

3. MercurialMan11

Jun 21, 2009
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @ antreas77
    Not sure if you got the answer to this already, but they were called Salvador TRX FG, they came out at the time as the precisions and the nova mundials back in 2001.

IMAG0829.jpg

4. NoobC

NoobC Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Only in synthetic, because the the black/black/infrared was only made in the leather version

5. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How much are the original leather adizeros worth, brand new?

6. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
  7. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Most sizes there are sold out though. but i get the picture

8. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would happily pay £100+ for a pair of brand new first generation AdiZeros.

9. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

10. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Explain?

11. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good job i have 2 brand new pairs then...

12. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jealous.

13. leric90

leric90 New Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They look real, but I only glanced because I am exhausted from coaching courses today. If they are fakes you can always enact buyer protection from eBay.

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

anyone familiar with these Janeirinha Sala? look like a sleeker version of the standard sala and sala XI, look alot better too.

16. FootballerSeven

FootballerSeven New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart, Tasmania Aus
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What's the difference between the Copa and the Kaiser Liga? Are the kaiser's a take down Copa model or...?

17. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes.

They aren't Kangaroo leather.

18. FootballerSeven

Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart, Tasmania Aus
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What type are they, calf or something? & does anyone know of they stretch as much as the copa's? I want the copa's but hate boots that dont fit correctly, and obviously the copa's have been known to stretch.

19. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Personally, I feel the over stretching topic per the Copa is exaggerated....a lot. They will stretch, but people act like upon the first wear they get four sizes bigger on your foot. It is not like they go from socks to Wellingtons in one use, or lots of use for that matter.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  20. FootballerSeven

Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart, Tasmania Aus
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haha, alright then. The general consensus is that Its worth/better to go for the Copa's?

21. Effe

Effe New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    hey guys, I ve a question regrading the mi coach system.
    how long is the maximum distance between the chip in the boots and the iphone so that it is still working properly? do you have to place your iphone directly next to the pitch or can you even leave it in the locker room? any experinces with that? thanks

22. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mean while you're working out or while you're syncing your stats? While working out, the distance is not relevant - only while you're syncing your data. While syncing, you do need to be somewhat close to the chip. Not sure on the exact distance though.

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I will always say go for the better quality boot as long as you can afford it.....in the case of the Copa vs. the Kaiser most people can afford it.

For what it is worth, top to bottom the Copa is still the best boot adidas makes. It is the only boot they still make in their German factory, on the adidas campus (the World Cup is too but it is the same shoe with the outsole being different). The build quality in Copa vs. an adiPure or adiZero is the first thing that separates them.

Copa's generally don't rip, tear, or fail unless you never care for the leather, and you wear them on concrete. I know some guys that have been playing (regularly) in the same pair of Copa's for more than 5 years. I played with a few guys that even had some that were 10 years old and pretty much became their "coaching" boot as their playing career transitioned down to semi-regular, at best.

There is a reason why the shoe has been around for so long....it just works, despite the few nitpicky type flaws people find with it. And, most of those tend to be unsophisticated findings, like it isn't "lightweight" (as if that makes a difference), or it looks boring (and they then buy an adiPure....).

It is a quality boot, and along with the Japan Morelia just about the only "classic" mass produced boot that is true to it's history. Both boots are still made in a top rate factory, with quality control measures, in first world nations.

Also remember this....pretty much all these speed/control/power boots on the market are "fashion" which changes quickly, and costs a lot of money in the short term (and generally have lower quality). Classic boots like the Copa, Japan Morelia, Pantofola's, Diadora Brasil (if you can locate the real ones), are "style" which is timeless and affordable. Even "classics" like the Legend, and adiPure (pre 11pro) are still "fashion" boots.

24. Effe

Effe New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean while working out. But how does it work then? you just put the chip into the shoes and start working out and the data is automatically saved without starting the iphone app?

25. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree regarding the Copa, and to just add my 2 cents...all current boots are overhauled each season and colored up each month and half the time the older models were lighter, more durable, less gimicky, better looking or just generally better. Re: Predator Mania compared to the Predator X (the X came well after the Mania but the two illustrate high and low points for the range) and think about how absolutely schitzophrenic the adiPure line has been over the years. The Copa has had a number of revisions over the years but they all have to be viewed as improvements. adidas added rivets to the sole to prevent sole separations. They went from 13 to 12 studs which helps to keep mud from clumping under the forefoot, definate improvement if you are old enough to have played in that older sole plate. They extended the heel counter to cover the three stripes, which added support and helps to keep the stripes from breaking so quickly. These changes came from the early 80's to early 90's so the shoe has been the same for nearly two decades. Before big marketing and huge player contracts it wasn't uncommon to see 8-10 out of any starting 11 in the world wearing Copas and it was simply because of quality. I think every player especially those who visit sites like this should give the Copa a go, if only to get a fresh perspective on the current boot market. As much as I love modern boots I have to say that the Copa is still something special.

b0sk1 and Jc18star repped this.