Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This, for me, is exactly how I was. When I was taking them back, I was absolutely devastated. Had scored some cracking goals in them and put in some of my best ever performances while wearing them and just felt very sad to see them go.

I'm not saying the boot had anything to do with it, but psychologically.. It was quite a blow. :eek:

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Same here; I scored a load of goals in them, and a few that were really outrageous. The Predator element really had nothing to do with it, but the boot fit so well that striking a ball in them was a dream, as was just general running and getting touches.

I may go back to them and just pray that the newer ones really are improved a bit.

3. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep, same. Freekicks for me really. They were very very very nice boots. Think Adidas are fools for dropping a successful formula so soon.

In all honesty, I'd be happy with the weight of the boot going up 20g or so to improve the durability.

4. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Best one for me was off of a corner...I usually go to the far corner of the box and make my break after the ball is kicked (Torres use to do this before he was shite, that is where I picked it up). I knew the back line of the team was poor in the air so I figured a header from them would rebound up, not out. I was right and the resulting header went up, and I cut in and killed the ball out of the air with my right boot (catching it really) and let it drop to my left. I hit an outside of the left foot volley that bent through the traffic in the box and away from the keeper into the upper middle of the side netting. Their keeper told me after the game it was one the best goals he has had scored on him in his life. Obviously the Predator aspect of the shoe was not a factor (outside of the foot shot) but the confidence to attempt the bit of skill was based in being totally comfortable in my shoe, which rarely happens.

I don't even think they need to add weight, just freaking glue the shoe properly and stop cutting corners/rushing production to get 100 extra a day made.

5. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i too scored my best ever goal in adipower. Comfiest boots i ever wore!!! Free kick about 35 yeards out. pitch was poor. sloping downwards from right to left across the pitch. i was on the left so it was an uphill kick to the goal. curled it perfectly so it hit the inside of the crossbar/post and went in. Memories :/

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Waiting for some AG Preds to come, excited as I train a lot on turf so want to see if they are much better than FG!

appleCORR

7. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not sure if you have an interest in the 11pro, but they have an AG outsole as well...that is assuming you are interested in the outsole and not specifically the LZ boot. I saw a prototype (blacked out) for the adiPower with the new AG outsole and miCoach, but I think that one is not going to make it to market.

I am on turf a lot too, and despite my massive haul of boots, I have started to wear turfs again when I am not testing product. I just picked up another pair of Mundial Team turf trainers as my last pair (6 years old) were knackered; I can't really imagine there is a much better turf out there than this simple design with k-leather on the upper, but I am interested in this new adidas AG outsole.

8. aries7

aries7 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ouch! I tore my ACL about a year ago playing indoors as well, took a weird twist going after a spinning ball. Couldnt feel my leg for a couple of minutes while i was on the ground, and then afterwards it was the worst pain i've felt in my life. Couldnt walk properly for over a month. Im still waiting now for my surgery as the ACL doesnt heal by itself without surgery.

My best advice for you is, no matter how tempted you are to go kick a ball around when it seems that you knee feels ok, DONT. I did that twice and damaged my meniscuses even more. I completely know how it feels and wish you the best of luck in your recovery.

9. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    I personally really liked the Predator X, both fit and material wise. The lack of tongue wasn't really an issue but I thought the lacing system afforded one of the snuggest fits possible.

But as for conical vs. bladed... I've yet to REALLY have an issue with any stud configurations and moving back to conical you won't really see any difference and you can rest assured that there's potentially less torque on your joints.

10. Seven07

Seven07 Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Do the Adizero Micoach leather fit the same as the first 2 series?

Thanks

11. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the well wishes dude. I have surgery on Feb. 13th and will be out of commission for about 6-8 months and in no way am I planning on kicking any balls around. :D

Since everyone else is bragging about their "wonder" goals in adiPowers, I suppose I should as well. I scored directly off a corner kick, after my buddies on the sideline bet me to do it. And they also got the video on their cell phone. Gotta love when the crowd went nuts after that. It would have been a lot nicer if it was the winning goal, as opposed to our 6th goal. Ended up winning 6-1. ;)

12. aries7

aries7 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thats really fast! I had to wait a few months to even get the MRI, but thats canadian health care for you, free but it takes sooooo long!

13. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah.... I'm getting mine done at the Mayo Clinic with Dr. Michael Stuart. He was the US Olympics doctor and I hear great things about him so I think I'm in good hands!

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hope you get better soon mate.

appleCORR

15. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Lets see the vid?? :D

16. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep asking the dude to put it up on Facebook or send it to me but he hasn't yet. And this was from the summer so who knows if he even has it on his cell anymore. I'll try again!

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Until we see video evidence im afraid we can't believe you!! :p

appleCORR

18. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    New Predator LZ's, F50 colourways and new Adidas Jerseys in background also I think. Also one of the F50's in the bottom left corner has blades on it, maybe a sample or test model?

From Adidas's facebook page, they just pulled the picture but too late lol.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Honesty, the more I see the LZ, the more I fall in love.

Regarding 'wonder' goals, mine were both knuckle freekicks.

20. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Any experience with these boots?
    Copa Mundial vs Profi Liga

They seem the same except the tongue.

21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The most recent Profi, of the multi colored variety, has slightly thicker leather than the Copa, and possibly a bit less curve to the forefoot (minmal if at all).

The older Profi, in black, that was released in the 90's and again in the early 2000's is pretty much identical to the current German Copa....If you have access to this specific model, in a size 10 US, I would pay a great sum for the boot.

Generally they both (being German made) will run a 1/2 to full size larger than your standard Adidas boot, depending on how you wear your shoes/socks.

22. maldini_mo

maldini_mo Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey guys, I was wondering whether any of you have tried the 11pro yet? We've received the 11nova and the 11core at my store, but have yet to receive the pro. I was looking into buying them, as the core and nova lines both seem to have been made wider.

Can any of you tell me if the 11pro itself will have a wider fit as well?

23. TheBoy

TheBoy Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Was in my local sports store checking on some work gear. They had the Q3 2012 catalog and were happy for me to take a look. Sure most of it isn't particularly new but anyways.

The Euro 2012 colorways is red/blue for the LZ, adizero and 11pro.

adizero one just like current red/blue one but colors reversed. 11pro mostly blue with red stripes and trim etc. LZ as seen.

the white adizero photo a few post back will be a Messi colorway. Also upcoming silver/orange and black/silver adizero colorways.

11pro will have a black/warning colorway (it's not called warning but looks very similar). plus a white/sky blue.

interestingly they had the list of what colorways the sponsored players will wear through summer - xmas time. some stay with one colorway but others change every month or two.

the catalog did not show any of the SL version boots for some reason. they guy did say that the main catalog is sort of aimed at general sports stores so doesn't always have the full range of top models.

i was actually looking as i wanted a white indoor shoe, they don't seem so easy to get. would love the white 11pro (or really 11nova indoor shoe)

hope that's of some interest, remembering as much as can from catalog

24. baba.g.baba

baba.g.baba Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCPECEbiMI&feature=g-u-u&context=G2c7ca80FUAAAAAAAAAA"]adiPure 11Pro Unboxing and Review (First on YouTube, except Schweinsteiger) - YouTube[/ame]

25. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am liking the 11pro a lot....Not really that color way as I have never been a "slime" fan but the boot looks good in terms of the shape and the construction. I am going to be getting the white and orange ones for sure.